ELV Max! Radio Signal Protocol 868.3MHz

Forum about the home automation suites by ELV etc

Moderator: jrkalf

matthijskooijman

Re: ELV Max! Radio Signal Protocol 868.3MHz

Post by matthijskooijman »

Since my previous post I've refined my Arduino sketch, it can now also control a boiler through a relay. I put up the code on github. You can find the most recent code here:
https://github.com/matthijskooijman/arduino-max
sfischer
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sfischer »

Hi Matthijs,
I tried to send a temp message to my radiator, but without success. Is your program able to send a message to a radiator, or is it just receiving messages?

Stefan
7x Thermostat / 1x WindowContact / 1x Max! Cube
matthijskooijman

It only receives messages, I haven't looked at sending yet. This might need some further changes to the RF22 code, and at least a way to assemble packets in the Max.ino / MaxRFProto.cpp files.
charly
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by charly »

Hi!

With the code from this thread I was able to receive MAX!-messages with a RFM22B on the mbed-platform!
I was able to create a new Class RF22Max which is based on the Class RF22 from Mike McCauley - and without patching the original RF22-Class.

Details can be found in mbed.org/users/charly/notebook/reading- ... -rfm22-an/

Now my problem:
I'm trying to send MAX!-Messages with my RFM22-modules.
I've the following setup:

1 mbed with a RFM22B which receives and decodes MAX!-messages. This node can read messages from original ELV-MAX!-Hardware without problems (Window-Shutter-Contact and ECO-Switch).
1 mbed with a RFM22B which tries to send a MAX!-message every 10 seconds.

The second node sends a fake-window-shutter-message ervery 10 seconds, but the receiver can't detect it as MAX!-message!

I've checked the RF22-code and the RF22-modem-config, but no luck.

I'm not sure, if the mode-config for register 0x6E and 0x6F are correct (TX-Data-Rate)?

When I fill out the Excel-calculation-Sheet from HopeRF, I get the following values : 0c51 0xEC
In the example here the values are : 0x08 0x31
But both don't work.

Any Ideas what is wrong?

Are my parameters for the Excel-Sheet correct?

FSK
No manchester
Crystal tolerance 20ppm
Freq 868,3Mhz
Datarate 10kbs
AFC enabled
Max RbError >1%
Deviation 19kHz

I don't get the "VALID PREAMBLE DETECTED"-interrupt, so the seems to be something wrong in the basic settings.

Has anyone succeeded with sending with the RFM22 ?

Thanks for every help - Charly
matthijskooijman

Sorry, I haven't actually tried sending messages yet. Also, I'm probably going to move away from the ELV Max! system soon, so I don't expect to work on the code any more either...
firefox0815
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by firefox0815 »

hello

my name is florian and i connected an rfm22b to my raspberry pi. at the moment i try to adapt the rf22 library to read max messages. later i want to write messages and integrate the result into a small middleware with android client. the middleware already controls fm switches and led stripes. so far so good.

does anyone made amy progress here trying to send messages? i a, happy for any hint and have some time for developeing. i would post the code into a public svn.

cheers.
firefox0815
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by firefox0815 »

ui ui ui.. a lot of hard work. so far i managed to port the rfm library that charly used to the raspberry pi. i struggeled with the overflow error irq handling and i deactivated it also. now i can reveive messages. if someone is interessted i can give away the sources.

in future i have to find out why there are a lot of IPREAVAL, why is the length of the rx buffer always 255 and do i really get all messages? afterwards i will try sending messages.

cheers
firefox0815
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by firefox0815 »

i have seen that the registers:
.reg_6e = 0x08,
.reg_6f = 0x31

will result in a datarate of 1kbps. am i right? @charly: did you tried these register values or did you tried 10kbps?
charly
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by charly »

Hi !

I tested both combinations 0x08, 0x31 (the original values seen here in the forum ) and 0x51, 0xDC (which should be 10kbs)
Both don't work for me.

I'm not sure if the parameters I've posted here are the right ones for MAX!-Devices. I found different statements about the MAX!-RF-Settings around.

Charly
firefox0815
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by firefox0815 »

ok. i have to wait for a spare part to have a sending rfm22b node.

in the meanwhile i created a logger for the raw data on gpio2. and displayed the data in impulse for eclipse.

the results: datarate is 10 kbits.
and a preamble is about 1 second long. //this is equal to the implementation of moritz.c from fhem.

if you have made any progress that could speed up debugging a bit. feel free to contribute.

cheers

florian
firefox0815
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by firefox0815 »

made progress... i checked the register and changed some values according the xls file. the main reason was a deactivated packet handler for tx. i send messages between two rfm modules. aaaaand even the heating thermostates do react. not always. but often. the problem is, that the preamble is only 0.1 seconds long. we need to send it for one second to wake the devices up. my source code (its really in a bad condition and only for testing) is here:
ambientlight.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/t ... testrfm22b

the message is hard coded. so you should grep a message from your system and then reproduce it.

does anybode have an idea how to fake a 1.0 second lasting preamble?

cheers
firefox0815
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by firefox0815 »

ok finished for today. i faked a lot of preamble messages and so it worked. updated my code in the svn. so check it out if you want to.

cheers
firefox0815
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by firefox0815 »

ok. i managed to create crc and use the dewhitening from the rx part to send a message correctly. with the knoledge of moritz.c from the culf and the max.pm modules from fhem, everybody should be able to create a working solution.

have fun.

cheers
matthijskooijman

firefox0815, cool that you made progress sending messages. Good to see my code is being useful for you :-)

However, I just noticed I didn't include any copyright or license info in my code (which technically means you're now violating copyright law by redistributing my code ;-p). However, that wasn't of course what I intended, so I just added an MIT license to the git repo. Could you update your repo to also include this license, at least for the part that contains my code? If you'd rather use some other license, btw, I'm happy to give permission for that too (but I couldn't find any license on your ambientlight project at all just now).
firefox0815
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by firefox0815 »

wouls it be ok to copy your readme into the testrfm project? i created another project where your sourcediles are in two folders. i would copy the readme in these two folders as well. i have choosen the apache 2 licence for my java projects and have choosen that on the web pages on google.

i have seen that i didnt use any templates for my cpp workspace. so i hope it is ok to copy a licemce text in the main folders.

cheers

Return to “Homematic, FS20, FHT, ESA and ELV”