eQ-3 Max! Cube Setup problems

Forum about the home automation suites by ELV etc

Moderator: jrkalf

eDsuB
Starting Member
Starting Member

eQ-3 Max! Cube Setup problems

Post by eDsuB »

I know this post should be send to the eQ-3 Support department (and believe me, they get it as well), but since eQ-3 nor Conrad (the reseller) was not able to help me, I will give this a try too.

Since last Sunday I am trying to get my eQ-3 Max! Cube set up.
The state it seems to be stuck in is:
1. IP-address (DHCP) assigned by the router
2. Power led steady
3. Internet led flashing

The Max! local application cannot find / connect to the Cube (the specific firewall ports are opened by the install procedure).

When I try the script from http://www.mega-nas.de/ (port 62910 forwarded to the Cube's internal IP) no connection can be made "110 Connection Error - Connection timed out"
When I run this script locally (and supply the internal IP and port) I get: "10061 Connection Error - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

eQ-3 Max! support only came up with:

Code: Select all

Mit den uns vorliegenden Informationen können wir die genaue Ursache nicht feststellen.

Möglicherweise wird das Verhalten von individuellen Einstellungen des Rechners verursacht, die wir nicht nachstellen können.

Der Kunde sollte folgendes durchführen:
1. MAX! Cube für eine Minute von der Spannungsversorgung trennen
2. MAX! Software deinstallieren
3. alle Java Komponenten deinstallieren
4. Den Ordner .MAX im persönlichen Benutzerverzeichnis löschen
5. MAX! Software herunterladen (http://max.eq-3.de)
6. MAX! Software installieren

Beim Start der MAX! Software die Firewallmeldungen bezüglich Internetverbindung für Java und MAX! Software erlauben.
This really helpful (NOT!), stating they don't have enough info but not asking fro what they need to know.

So my hopes are that this community has a clue on how to proceed, or is this a typical DOA?
pbrand

Re: eQ-3 Max! Cube Setup problems

Post by pbrand »

Have you tried a reset of the Cube? It might help, although in these cases you never know in advance :(
eDsuB
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by eDsuB »

Yep, tried that. Multiple times
pbrand

Post by pbrand »

If your router has assigned an ip-address through DHCP, then it seems that there is, or has been a connection with the cube.

Have you tried disabling the firerwall altogether temporarily to ensure that it's not doing something you don't expect?

You could try to send the hello broadcast message to the cube through udp to check if the cube responds to that.

You could also check your TCP cable (just to be sure it's not broken).

Other than that, there is not much else I can think of from a distance.

Return to “Homematic, FS20, FHT, ESA and ELV”