Visonic PowerLink Problems

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

john1990
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic PowerLink Problems

Post by john1990 »

Hello. I have a Powermax+ with a Powerlink version 1 external unit.

I recently tried to set up the PowerMaster Remote Programmer software to test/program my alarm system. I purchased an FTDI usb to RS232 cable along with a Cisco console cable.

Long story short, I un-enrolled the Powerlink. I'm not sure why I did. Anyway, I successfully set up the Programmer software and can get the setup from the Powermax+ successfully.

Now, I went to re-enroll the Powerlink and I am unable to. I always get the unsuccessful beeps.

I try to reach out to Visonic to see if they would provide any assistance. They eventually responded but only said to go through the menus as I had already done. No other assistance from them.

When I plug everything back the way it was, I see the power lights and ethernet lights on the Powerlink. I can also see that the Powerlink is being assigned an IP address on my router.

I try to access the web interface at the IP address that is assigned, but this does not work.

I tried resetting the Powermax+ to defaults and that didn't help. I also tried to reset the Powerlink but I was unable to see how to do this, if possible.

I previously was able to telnet into the Powerlink using the info at http://voksenlia.net/powerlink/ but now I can't telnet in any longer.

I'm pretty sure that the IP setup on the Powerlink is for DHCP but I can't remember the details.

Any help is appreciated. Are there any steps to see what is going on or to resolve this? Has anyone had this happen?

Thank you
john1990
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Visonic PowerLink Problems

Post by john1990 »

Can someone tell me how to view the communications between the Powermax+ and the Powerlink?

I have the RS232 module installed on the Powermax+ and the Powerlink is connected using it. If that's the case, how would I see the communications?

Thanks

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”