Visonic Powermax Interface (Windows) application

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Visonic Powermax Interface (Windows) application

Post by bartbakels »

Dont get notification of the forum sometimes .....
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Hussar_303
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Hussar_303 »

I wanted to know, is it possible to access it through PC remote access software? Because I may use it for the property on the Costa Blanca there I'm planning to buy for the holidays, and would like to be able to access it not only from my house, but, if possible, from abroad if I'm on a professional trip; and in this case, I'll be using a Windows PC.
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Yes sure, it is a windows application i used rdp, teamviewer or anydesk before to do the same
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
nunoary
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nunoary »

Hi Bart,

My system: HS3 with Powermaster 10

Do you still have plans to complete the manual and publish? if possible i would like a tutorial with some examples for setup with HS3.

Now some questions that if you can answer I would be very grateful:

1) Should the pincode be the same as any of the existing code in the panel (master, installer or user code) or could it be another?

2) Should the SecurityAdditionString be the same as any of the existing code in the panel (master, installer or user code) or could it be another? What is the purpose of this code?

3) In HS3 I created two devices for the panel, one for status and information only and another for sending commands to the panel (arm, partial arm and disarm). Apart from these I also created one for each sensor / zone.
The sensors are working well and communication between the panel and HS3 is fast, almost instantaneous. I can also control by HS3 the arming, disarming and partial arming commands via udp calls.

The problem is when I set the device status to "Status Only Device" on HS3, I get an error in the HS3 log and the device doesn't update. Something must be doing wrong.

4) I recently had two low battery sensors, the Powermaster dashboard showed the information but the HS3 devices were not updated. I don't know if it's because visonicdrive doesn't recognize these sensors (powermaster) or if some definition is missing.

Thanks
Nuno
visonic1.rar
(238.85 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
visonic2.rar
(247.97 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
visonic3.rar
(171.72 KiB) Downloaded 595 times
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

nunoary wrote:Hi Bart,

Do you still have plans to complete the manual and publish? if possible i would like a tutorial with some examples for setup with HS3.

1) Should the pincode be the same as any of the existing code in the panel (master, installer or user code) or could it be another?

2) Should the SecurityAdditionString be the same as any of the existing code in the panel (master, installer or user code) or could it be another? What is the purpose of this code?

3) In HS3 I created two devices for the panel, one for status and information only and another for sending commands to the panel (arm, partial arm and disarm). Apart from these I also created one for each sensor / zone.
The sensors are working well and communication between the panel and HS3 is fast, almost instantaneous. I can also control by HS3 the arming, disarming and partial arming commands via udp calls.

The problem is when I set the device status to "Status Only Device" on HS3, I get an error in the HS3 log and the device doesn't update. Something must be doing wrong.

4) I recently had two low battery sensors, the Powermaster dashboard showed the information but the HS3 devices were not updated. I don't know if it's because visonicdrive doesn't recognize these sensors (powermaster) or if some definition is missing.

Thanks
Nuno
visonic1.rar
visonic2.rar
visonic3.rar
Hi,

To be honest not really sure if I'm going to make an HS3 specific manual, there is a manual available in the installation if I'm correct. Need to check at home. regarding your questions;

1.normal pincode should be present in the panel, I would create a secondary one. This pincode is NOT the programmer pincode.

2. NO, the securityadditionstring is not linked to the panel. Its just there for some extra security for the REST API

3 I encounter the same issue, this is related to the HS3 API, I have set my HS3 devices as status-control--> both, and status only device to OFF

4 I think you misconfigured the low battery calls to those low battery devices in hs3. please double check. Do you see the status change ion the visonic application control panel?

regards

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
nunoary
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nunoary »

Hi,

Sorry i didn't see the manual. Yes the manual is available in the installation folder.

Regard my issue number 4, the problem was the same of number 3, after i set my HS3 battery devices as status-control--> both, and status only device to OFF, the battery devices updated the status.

One more question, in your opinion what is best to work with HS3, UDP or HTTP calls?

Thanks

Nuno
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Does not really matter, i use http calls since i dont need a plugin to do so.

(ON ESXI )on NUC
nunoary
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nunoary »

That was my intention with the question of the difference between UDP and HTTP, to avoid another plugin, but the question was more security oriented.

Bart, i am thinking of installing Blade's BLSecurity plugin to enhance my security system. That way I could use the remaining sensors I have in conjunction with those from Powermaster and have two redundant systems. I've been looking at the plugin and it has some options that please me, such as the possibility of creating a custom panel and using HSTouch to control.
I realize that this plugin is more directed to other types of sensors, however I think it could also work with devices designed to communicate with Visonic Drive. In your opinion is this executable or am I not quite understanding how this plugin works?
Florest77
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Florest77 »

bartbakels wrote:This application is used for interfacing The Visonic Powermax models. It creates a bridge between the panel (VIA RS-232) and other applications such as Homeseer 2&3, Domoticz, HC and others, and or can send E-mails on events.

The VisonicDriver application can send HTTP Calls or Mails on events which the user can fully configure . The build in UDP and Webserver can be used for recieving commands from other applications for example to disarm, arm and control X10 .

Main.png
if using the EXE (just replace the old one), first use installer 1.05 !

v1.2.10 Release EXE ONLY Location V1.2.10 EXE UPDATED

Changes

- panel trouble detection http calls/mails
- bugfixes

v1.1.8 Release EXE ONLY Location V1.1.8 EXE UPDATED

Changes

- Authentication is now supported for HTTP GET commands to other systems (homeseer e.g.). Use http://user:password@IP:PORT/commands

v1.1.7 Release EXE ONLY Location V1.1.7 EXE

Changes

- Small bug fixes
- setting file and last stae file seperated

v1.0.7 Release EXE ONLY Location V1.0.7 EXE

Changes

- BUG in HTTP GET which prevented Get command with (") and spaces
- Signal strength indicator of sensors available

v1.0.6 Release With Build IN Webserver Installer Location V1.0.6 UPDATED

Changes

- possibility to send more than one http Call by use of the PIPE character in the settings (|)

v1.0.5 BETA Release With Build IN Webserver Installer Location V1.0.5

Changes

- Send E-mails on Panel and or Zone Changes
- Download Get Zone names and types from panel
- Arm/disarm from Controlpanel directly
- Password protect control and settings page (optional)
- Minimize to system tray (optional even on startup)
- Popup system tray baloons with panel and zone status changes
- Installer fixes
- bugfixes

v1.0.4 BETA Release With Build IN Webserver Installer Location V1.0.4

Changes

- Send Panel state (Arm, Disarm)Every x seconds (Watchdog)
- Panel(HTTP) User actions, next to the current panel HTTP actions
- Request latest status from Powermax after startup
- bugfixes

v1.0.3 BETA Release With Build IN Webserver Installer Location V1.0.3

If upgrading, I advise to fully remove the old installation and reinstall with the new version and reconfigure all settings. SORRY FOR THAT, but the settings layout changed. Option 2; backup your settings.ini file and add [Settings] at the top of the settings.ini. Also the Installation directory has changed to VisonicDriver instead of Visonic, so keep in mind to backup your old folder to retrieve settings

FEATURES:
- Build In webserver for Controlling and requesting Panel status
- UDP Listener for Arming/Disarming
- Bypassing Zones
- Saving Last State Zones upon closing application
- Synchronizing PC Time with Panel Time
- Sending RAW commands for testing purposes
- X10 and PGM controlling (control X1-15 en read status (Also usable for AUX button keyfobs)) including HTTP Triggers.
(Uncertain if X10 is send with correct code and PFM is working, can somebody confirm? I dont use an X10 Controller with my powermax)
- Monitoring communication RAW
- Monitoring Events
- Monitoring Zones
- Monitoring Panel
- Controlling Arm/Disarm
- Sending RAW Commands
- Get Panel EventLog
- Sending HTTP Get messages to for example HS2/3, with zone/panel states
- Possibility to trigger HTTP Calls by adding rules in the settings/USer Events Tab

OLD Versions

v1.0.2 BETA Release Installer Location V1.0.2
Rachat de crédit plus rallonge argent
Screens:
Main:
Main.png
EventLog:
EventLog.png
Settings:
user event.png
Control Panel:
Control_Status.png
Installation and SETUP Instructions

1. UNZIP Installer
2. Run Setup.exe
3. Start Application and configure settings, check COMPort, Pincode and downloadcode (standard: AAAA)

HS3 Specific:

Send HTTP Calls to the visonicdriver from HS3:

for example:

&hs.geturl("http://[IP VisonicDriver]/visonicdriver/action?[ACTION]",FALSE ,3011)

EDIT: There is something weird with the scriptcall in HS3 however it works when using;
&hs.GetUrl("http://localhost:3011/Visonicdriver/act ... "",TRUE,80)

DISARM_[ securityAdditionString]
ARMHOME_[securityAdditionString]
ARMAWAY_[ securityAdditionString]

X10|[X10ID]|[ACTION]_[ securityAdditionString]
PGM|[ACTION]_[ securityAdditionString]

[securityAdditionString] = can be set in the VisonicDriver Settings
[X10ID] = X10 Address; X1 t/m X15
[ACTION] = ON; OFF; DIM; BRIGHT, for PGM only ON and OFF

to send UDP request from HS3,I used the IP/Serial Plugin from Drule; http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1206098 Plugin

1. Configure the connection, fill in IP and configured port of the machine which runs the VisonicDriver;
connection.png
2. Fill in the commands.
DISARM_[securityPostamble]
ARMHOME_[securityPostamble]
ARMAWAY_[securityPostamble]

X10|[X10ID]|[ACTION]_[securityPostamble]
PGM|[ACTION]_[securityPostamble]

[securityPostamble] = can be set in the VisonicDriver Settings

Security Postamble can be configured in the settings
command.png
3. Create an event with the connection and command to be send, created in that plugin.

4. Create virtual devices for each sensor and the panel

5: In the visonicdriver add HTTP ON and OFF calls like this and make sure JSON is activated in HS3 Settings;

OFF = http://[HS3_IP]:[PORT]/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=[DEVICEREF]&value=0
ON = http://[HS3_IP]:[PORT]/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=[DEVICEREF]&value=100
Any Value = ON = http://[HS3_IP]:[PORT]/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=[DEVICEREF]&value=[VALUE]

DOMOTICZ Specific SETUP:

- Create a virtual device for the panel with some states
- Create a virtual device for each sensor

HTTP Get calls TO domoticz can be found here: domoticz.com/wiki/Domoticz_API/JSON_URL ... tain_level to set domoticz device statusses from the visonicdriver

The HTTP Calls FROM Domoticz TO the visonicdriver app can be executed with the HTTP Syntax as described

Manual still needs to be updated/created :)

Please use this thread to post BUGS and or feature request. It is still in development.

Worklist & Future Plans:

- Configuration readout
- Filling all zone information from panel automatically (In new version)
- E-mail/SMS notifications

Regards

Bart
Hello . It dates a little but always contains important information.
Thank you for exposing this with us, I find it really interesting! However, a detail trots me a little, I would like to expose it if it is possible. Thank you for your return. 
Mario from Spain

Post by Mario from Spain »

Hi Bart.

Hope you can help me with this one:

Some of my zones are not calling the HTTP ON and HTTP OFF urls

I tried deleting them (on the GUI and on the settings file) and reseting the PC where VisonicDriver is runing between tries but it dosn't work.

I'll send you now a private now with settings and log files.

Thank you very much.
Mario
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

mario,

looking at your config, i think the problem is that its a motion sensor and the reset time is set to 0, try to set it to some seconds.

regards,

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

nunoary wrote:That was my intention with the question of the difference between UDP and HTTP, to avoid another plugin, but the question was more security oriented.

Bart, i am thinking of installing Blade's BLSecurity plugin to enhance my security system. That way I could use the remaining sensors I have in conjunction with those from Powermaster and have two redundant systems. I've been looking at the plugin and it has some options that please me, such as the possibility of creating a custom panel and using HSTouch to control.
I realize that this plugin is more directed to other types of sensors, however I think it could also work with devices designed to communicate with Visonic Drive. In your opinion is this executable or am I not quite understanding how this plugin works?

Hi,

You can also use this plugin, its only used for exposing the visonic alarm to Homeseer or any other domotic system wich has a rest api. in HS3 you could buil your own control panel in hstouch without blades plugin. I think you also can use blade plugin to expand ur SOFT alarm, so use visonic and e.g. zwave motion sensors.

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Florest77 wrote:
bartbakels wrote:This application is used for interfacing The Visonic Powermax models. It creates a bridge between the panel (VIA RS-232) and other applications such as Homeseer 2&3, Domoticz, HC and others, and or can send E-mails on events.

The VisonicDriver application can send HTTP Calls or Mails on events which the user can fully configure . The build in UDP and Webserver can be used for recieving commands from other applications for example to disarm, arm and control X10 .

Main.png
if using the EXE (just replace the old one), first use installer 1.05 !

v1.2.10 Release EXE ONLY Location V1.2.10 EXE UPDATED

Changes

- panel trouble detection http calls/mails
- bugfixes

v1.1.8 Release EXE ONLY Location V1.1.8 EXE UPDATED

Changes

- Authentication is now supported for HTTP GET commands to other systems (homeseer e.g.). Use http://user:password@IP:PORT/commands

v1.1.7 Release EXE ONLY Location V1.1.7 EXE

Changes

- Small bug fixes
- setting file and last stae file seperated

v1.0.7 Release EXE ONLY Location V1.0.7 EXE

Changes

- BUG in HTTP GET which prevented Get command with (") and spaces
- Signal strength indicator of sensors available

v1.0.6 Release With Build IN Webserver Installer Location V1.0.6 UPDATED

Changes

- possibility to send more than one http Call by use of the PIPE character in the settings (|)

v1.0.5 BETA Release With Build IN Webserver Installer Location V1.0.5

Changes

- Send E-mails on Panel and or Zone Changes
- Download Get Zone names and types from panel
- Arm/disarm from Controlpanel directly
- Password protect control and settings page (optional)
- Minimize to system tray (optional even on startup)
- Popup system tray baloons with panel and zone status changes
- Installer fixes
- bugfixes

v1.0.4 BETA Release With Build IN Webserver Installer Location V1.0.4

Changes

- Send Panel state (Arm, Disarm)Every x seconds (Watchdog)
- Panel(HTTP) User actions, next to the current panel HTTP actions
- Request latest status from Powermax after startup
- bugfixes

v1.0.3 BETA Release With Build IN Webserver Installer Location V1.0.3

If upgrading, I advise to fully remove the old installation and reinstall with the new version and reconfigure all settings. SORRY FOR THAT, but the settings layout changed. Option 2; backup your settings.ini file and add [Settings] at the top of the settings.ini. Also the Installation directory has changed to VisonicDriver instead of Visonic, so keep in mind to backup your old folder to retrieve settings

FEATURES:
- Build In webserver for Controlling and requesting Panel status
- UDP Listener for Arming/Disarming
- Bypassing Zones
- Saving Last State Zones upon closing application
- Synchronizing PC Time with Panel Time
- Sending RAW commands for testing purposes
- X10 and PGM controlling (control X1-15 en read status (Also usable for AUX button keyfobs)) including HTTP Triggers.
(Uncertain if X10 is send with correct code and PFM is working, can somebody confirm? I dont use an X10 Controller with my powermax)
- Monitoring communication RAW
- Monitoring Events
- Monitoring Zones
- Monitoring Panel
- Controlling Arm/Disarm
- Sending RAW Commands
- Get Panel EventLog
- Sending HTTP Get messages to for example HS2/3, with zone/panel states
- Possibility to trigger HTTP Calls by adding rules in the settings/USer Events Tab

OLD Versions

v1.0.2 BETA Release Installer Location V1.0.2
Rachat de crédit plus rallonge argent
Screens:
Main:
Main.png
EventLog:
EventLog.png
Settings:
user event.png
Control Panel:
Control_Status.png
Installation and SETUP Instructions

1. UNZIP Installer
2. Run Setup.exe
3. Start Application and configure settings, check COMPort, Pincode and downloadcode (standard: AAAA)

HS3 Specific:

Send HTTP Calls to the visonicdriver from HS3:

for example:

&hs.geturl("http://[IP VisonicDriver]/visonicdriver/action?[ACTION]",FALSE ,3011)

EDIT: There is something weird with the scriptcall in HS3 however it works when using;
&hs.GetUrl("http://localhost:3011/Visonicdriver/act ... "",TRUE,80)

DISARM_[ securityAdditionString]
ARMHOME_[securityAdditionString]
ARMAWAY_[ securityAdditionString]

X10|[X10ID]|[ACTION]_[ securityAdditionString]
PGM|[ACTION]_[ securityAdditionString]

[securityAdditionString] = can be set in the VisonicDriver Settings

to send UDP request from HS3,I used the IP/Serial Plugin from Drule; http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1206098 Plugin

1. Configure the connection, fill in IP and configured port of the machine which runs the VisonicDriver;
connection.png
2. Fill in the commands.
DISARM_[securityPostamble]
ARMHOME_[securityPostamble]
ARMAWAY_[securityPostamble]

X10|[X10ID]|[ACTION]_[securityPostamble]
PGM|[ACTION]_[securityPostamble]

[securityPostamble] = can be set in the VisonicDriver Settings

Security Postamble can be configured in the settings
command.png
3. Create an event with the connection and command to be send, created in that plugin.

4. Create virtual devices for each sensor and the panel

5: In the visonicdriver add HTTP ON and OFF calls like this and make sure JSON is activated in HS3 Settings;

OFF = http://[HS3_IP]:[PORT]/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=[DEVICEREF]&value=0
ON = http://[HS3_IP]:[PORT]/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=[DEVICEREF]&value=100
Any Value = ON = http://[HS3_IP]:[PORT]/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=[DEVICEREF]&value=[VALUE]

DOMOTICZ Specific SETUP:

- Create a virtual device for the panel with some states
- Create a virtual device for each sensor

HTTP Get calls TO domoticz can be found here: domoticz.com/wiki/Domoticz_API/JSON_URL ... tain_level to set domoticz device statusses from the visonicdriver

The HTTP Calls FROM Domoticz TO the visonicdriver app can be executed with the HTTP Syntax as described

Manual still needs to be updated/created :)

Please use this thread to post BUGS and or feature request. It is still in development.

Worklist & Future Plans:

- Configuration readout
- Filling all zone information from panel automatically (In new version)
- E-mail/SMS notifications

Regards

Bart
Hello . It dates a little but always contains important information.
Thank you for exposing this with us, I find it really interesting! However, a detail trots me a little, I would like to expose it if it is possible. Thank you for your return. 
Sorry whats ur question?

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Mario from Spain

Post by Mario from Spain »

bartbakels wrote:mario,

looking at your config, i think the problem is that its a motion sensor and the reset time is set to 0, try to set it to some seconds.

regards,

Bart
I tried with 3, 5 and 30 seconds reset time. The problem still exists.

I also noticed, in the Zone Status Tab, the Alarm LED doesn't lit and the Last Change didn't update (for zone 11, other zones are working fine).

EDIT: Looks like if I change de Sensor Type from "Motion" to "Universal" it works fine :roll:
Antoon

Post by Antoon »

nunoary wrote:Hi Bart,

Thanks
Nuno
visonic1.rar
visonic2.rar
visonic3.rar
Hi Nunoary,

Can you tell me how you have connect your PowerMaster 10 true RS232.
I have a PowerMaster 10 & 30 but I get no acces with a RS232
Thanks in advance,

Antoon
- Antoon

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”