Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

utz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Powerlink protocol description

Post by utz »

@Rene

I cannot test the setting time with the remote programmer (I lost the CD and dont have a windows around to run it anyway). I implemented the function and people using the software with a powermaxpro are ok but it does not work on a powermax+.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Another strange thing I noticed, the A0 command to request the event log works flawless on my Powermax Pro. However, I tried it on another Powermax Pro and there I get an unauthorized response.
Lordsauron
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Lordsauron »

I am currently working on implementing this protocol in C# (i will post the github link when i feel the code is pretty enough) and i was wondering if it would be possible to post some example messages of
A5: Keep Alive (Byte 2 = 0x02) [0xA5 0x00 0x02 <Byte3> <Byte4> <Byte5> <Byte6> <Byte7> <Byte8> <Byte9> <Byte10> 0x43]. i think i understand the description but i would like to be shore. so a real messages with what i is supposed to represent would be a big help, and hopefully not to much trouble.
viknet

checksum issue

Post by viknet »

Consider the following packet: real life example from powermax

Code: Select all

0D A0 FB AC 00 05 0C 02 01 00 00 60 43 FE 0A
let's calculate checksum using both given method (you can use the windows calculator to check these):

first method (python):
A0+FB+AC+05+0C+02+01+60+43 = 0x2FE
0x2FE mod 0xFF = 0x01
0xFF XOR 0x01 = 0xFE

second method:
A0+FB+AC+05+0C+02+01+60+43 = 0x2FE
FFFF-02-FE = 0xFEFF
lowbyte: 0xFF

so for the moment stick to the first calculation method
viknet

Post by viknet »

After some extensive test (10000 random string of size less than 20) here is a proposal for another algorithm for checksum calculation, it give result equivalent to the python one
the reason for initializing checksum to FFFF is to avoid the substraction in the loop going to the negative, but you can use anything that is equal to FF multiplied by an integer
for the powermax 0xFF*12 is enough (because packet are no more than 12 byte long)

unsigned short checksum,i;
checksum=0xFFFF; (or 0xFF*x)
for (i=0;i<(Buff->size);i++)
checksum=checksum-Buff->buffer;
checksum=checksum%0xFF;

P.S the "if" in the python algorithm can be replaced by a % 0xFF (identical to % 255 by the way)
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

A response can have a length of more than 12 bytes, e.g. when reading the eprom.
Rene.
viknet

Post by viknet »

I have one question concerning the protocol,

I have created a small linux daemon in C that is working pretty good (I can arm/disarm/getevent) but I am never using the "enrolement pin" that is choosen during enrolement, in fact the only pin I am using is the "user pin" (by the way I have a powermax+) if using the "enrolement pin" I always get an access denied '0x08 0x43'

So the questions are:

what is the use of the enrolement pin ? (for you, because of the diversity in powermax alarm what work for me is not what work for everybody)

When arming for exemple can you use whatever pin (ie user/installer/enrolement) ?

Is it possible to clearly state in the protocol description which of the pin(s) can be used for which command ?
hhg
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hhg »

Can anybode confirm that the Powermax Complete (http://www.visonic.com/Products/Wireles ... axComplete) is using the Powerlink protocol descibed in this thread?

Thanks
hhg
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Confirmed
Rene.
belibaste
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by belibaste »

@René,
In other post, you confirm that we could connect PC/Powermax remote controler with a USB/RS232 connector to a Powermax Pro.
Could you explain how?
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

That is explained in the post I confirmed this, see http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7152. You need to convert FTDI to RS232 or USB, I used a USBBUB to bridge from FTDI to USB.
Rene.
belibaste
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by belibaste »

I saw this topic and I have connected my Powermax Pro (GND,Tx and Rx like Viknet' picture) to PC with Powermax remote controler with this: http://cgi.ebay.fr/USB-to-Serial-Adapte ... 415d279d2b
but nothing; may I do something in the FTDI? (Serial is configured in 9600,8,1,none,none)
nlrb

Post by nlrb »

The X10 on/off command works great! Any idea what message to send to dim/bright the X10 devices?
nlrb

Post by nlrb »

nlrb wrote:The X10 on/off command works great! Any idea what message to send to dim/bright the X10 devices?
Let me answer my own question (just built my sniffer).

Dim command:

a4 00 00 00 00 00 0a 00 80 00 00 43
this should be sent to the Powermax to dim X15. Byte8 means dim; Byte10 is X15

Bright command:

a4 00 00 00 00 00 0b 80 00 00 00 43
this should be sent to the Powermax to brighten X07. Byte8 means bright; Byte9 is X07
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

:) thats nice info, if you snif anything more.....

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”