Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Visonic Powermax Powerlink protocol description

Post by bartbakels »

irekz,

I already thought about that option, but i need a software option for the tool that i devloped. I want to trigger the alarm if possible via rs-232.

thanks

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
jonbanjo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Powerlink protocol description

Post by jonbanjo »

nlrb wrote:Furthermore, what Rene already noted on Aug 06, 2011, once enrolled the PM will send a message every 30 secs. to check whether the PL is still responding/alive.

Code: Select all

0xAB 0x03 0x00 0x1E 0x00 0x34 0x36 0x30 0x36 0x00 0x00 0x43
If this message is not acknowledged (you can afford not the acknowledge a couple) then the PM enters the error state (PL communication error). The alive message (0xAB 0x03) will not be sent any longer.

To restore communication and clear the PM error, you need to send the following message.

0xAB  0x06  0x00  0x00  0x00  0x00  0x00  0x00  0x00  0x00  0x00  0x43
I.e. if you have not received the 0xAB 0x03 in the last minute, you will have to send a 0xAB 0x06.
Iv'e just been re reading this thread and I'm wondering: Is this information correct or where does it apply?
I assume I am enrolled as a) the PowerMax Complete is supposed to do this automatically and b) I can arm/disarm.
I've had my program running in "debug" for over 30 minutes now and don't seem to be getting any 0xAB messages (and looking at my code, my response to one is to send an init message).
Also, I don't use the timer I've seen in some other codes. Typical run times or my hacked together code, I'd guess about is about a month before a restart without this.
janssuuh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by janssuuh »

Hi all!

Has anyone maybe noticed that if the Pmax Pro is turned into 'bypass enabled' mode the A50903 message which the Pmax returns to a status update request (A2) is always filled with zero's (all zones closed)??

I'm still working (with just to little spare time) on an Raspberry Python app which communicates to my Android App.
Currently I'm trying to implement the possibility to bypass / unbypass my zones.

This works fine allready, but I noticed that the status update request I send directly after the (un)bypass message (to regain the bypass status at A50906) all zones are printed 'closed'!!

After that I have to wait for the A50002 messages (which might take up to 3 minutes!) to get the real zone status again :(

Is it maybe possible to request for an A50002, and could it be explainable why the bypass setting of the Pmax seems to act the way it does??

Kind regards,
Jeroen
nlrb

Post by nlrb »

After setting the bypass, request the actual status (to determine success) by sending A2 00 00 20 00 ...
janssuuh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by janssuuh »

Thanks! I'll try to test this a bit deeper tonight.

I sent the A2000020.. which seems to respond with A50006 (and their not all 00's) you think I could use the same 'zone template' as on A50002?

(For the record, the success determination of the Bypass setting itself works fine with A50906.)
janssuuh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by janssuuh »

nlrb wrote:After setting the bypass, request the actual status (to determine success) by sending A2 00 00 20 00 ...
Got it to work! Thanks again...

sending the A2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 replies the 9 'status' messages.
I used the A5 09 03 for zone open/closed, but had to use A5 09 02.
(Not sure if this was either just a bug in my script, or I really needed to use 03 when the bypass function at my PM was disabled..)

Instead of using this (heavy) request I now use:

A2 00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 replies (like you said) with the enroll and bypass status [A5 00 06 ...].
A2 00 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 replies the zone open-closed and batt status [A5 00 02 ...].

Also after pressing a disarm button I have the script request for a bypass status, because the PM resets it ;)
nlrb

Post by nlrb »

The A5 02 is the zone open / low battery message (D1-D4 zone open/closed; D5-D8 sensor low battery).
The A5 06 is the zone enrolled / bypass status message (D1-D4 zone enrolled; D5-D8 bypass status).
al30k
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by al30k »

Hi, does anyone know a way to control chime? and in general, is it possible?
thanks.
Robby
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Robby »

irekz wrote:
bartbakels wrote:HI,
Anybody have an idea, to remotely trigger an alarm, by the RS-232 interface? Maybe via a panic button emulation or another smart idea?
There is no option like this in 'Remote Programer' windows app. (there are options there to arm/disarm, but nothing to trigger the alarm.
One way to experiment is maybe with 0xA1 message (used for arming disarming). 3rd byte can have those values:
0x00 Disarm
0x04 Arm home
0x05 Arm away
0x14 Arm home instantly

Maybe one of the other values can trigger the panic alarm? Just a guess.
Hi all,

I managed to generate a 'panic' alarm by sending 0x06.

0xa1, 0x00, 0x00, 0x06, <pincode>, <pincode>, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x43
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Robby wrote:
irekz wrote:
bartbakels wrote:HI,
Anybody have an idea, to remotely trigger an alarm, by the RS-232 interface? Maybe via a panic button emulation or another smart idea?
There is no option like this in 'Remote Programer' windows app. (there are options there to arm/disarm, but nothing to trigger the alarm.
One way to experiment is maybe with 0xA1 message (used for arming disarming). 3rd byte can have those values:
0x00 Disarm
0x04 Arm home
0x05 Arm away
0x14 Arm home instantly

Maybe one of the other values can trigger the panic alarm? Just a guess.
Hi all,

I managed to generate a 'panic' alarm by sending 0x06.

0xa1, 0x00, 0x00, 0x06, <pincode>, <pincode>, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x43

Robby,

I tried that command however it sets your panel in testmode and the siren only sounds for 2 seconds and stops. After a disarm its in normal mode again, howeve its not triggering a panic alarm :(

tried also othe A1 combos but no panic trigger there :(

regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
cjcharles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by cjcharles »

This is certainly interesting as I want to be able to trigger an alarm too, will help link in other sensors such as cctv or non-Visonic stuff, plus gives a panic button equivalent on my phone.

I will do some testing on my side aswell as I'm sure it is possible...
cjcharles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by cjcharles »

Hmmm, Ive tried a few things and I run into the same problems as you @bartbakels - the alarm triggers for two seconds and then it stops, and then puts the alarm in test mode (which is difficult to exit from the panel, I needed to send a disarm command over serial).

Any ideas on how to progress this? Would Visonic themselves release any code about this?
Robby
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Robby »

I experimented with serveral 0xA1 messages, and it looked like 0x06 was doing the trick.
Unfortunately, 0x06 seemed to be a 'UserTest' message as @bartbakels says, and does only sound the siren for 2 seconds and set the panel to User Test mode.

I think the only way to figure out if a direct alarm / emergency command exists, is to try all 255 combinations of the third byte in the 0xA1 message...
srefor
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by srefor »

Hello everybody
Is this protocol working the same way on the latest powermaster 33 G2 ?
Visonic is selling powercontrol 3 module but the 2 seams not compatible with this panel.
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

no gp2 has another encrypted two way protocol, not yet hacked

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”