DiO connect (54925) device, connection possibilities to apps

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
Marijn_Timmer
Starting Member
Starting Member

DiO connect (54925) device, connection possibilities to apps

Post by Marijn_Timmer »

Hi All,

I am a complete newbie in the automisation of equipment, so could use a bit of advise :). I bought the Chacon DiO connect plug, which works with wifi and the DiO-one app. (ref 54925)
This is special, because there is no controlling hardware: The socket can be directly controlled with the Chacon DiO app, and also with a remote controller.

However, I found this DiO-one app to be quite limited in possibilities. I am planning to control an influentpump for my Bioreactor at the lab with it: Control needs to be quite tight and I need many programs,(around 24, but more = better),(on/off switches) per day. It would be nice if this can be controlled by a "smart" system because it would save me a lot of work!

I was wondering if you know whether it is possible to hook my Chacon Dio Connect plug up to an app that has more possibilities for programming. [And if so, how?!]
And if not, what other socket controlling software/hardware would you recommend?

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but i'll give it a shot before throwing it away :)
Hope to hear from you!

Best,

Marijn

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”