Nefit easy connect adapter vs. EMS-OT converter

Forum about Opentherm, Hvac, House heating, Boilers

Moderator: hvxl

marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nefit easy connect adapter vs. EMS-OT converter

Post by marcelr »

I have a toon thermostat talking to my nefit topline boiler through toon's boiler module, Schelte's OTGW and nefit's EMS-OT converter. To test some toon software, I would need another EMS-OT converter to emulate an OT-compatible boiler. Now the Nefit easy connect adapter has entered the market. It's a lot cheaper than the EMS-OT converter. As far as I can see, it does exactly the opposite of the EMS-OT converter, i.e., receive EMS commands, translate into OT, and transmit to a connected boiler, whereas the EMS receives OT, translates into EMS and transmits.

But I'm not sure.

Two questions:

Am I correct that easy connect does the opposite of the EMS-OT converter? Some other thread here (http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... nefit+easy) is a bit confusing.
If so, can the easy connect adapter be used in reverse? Feed it with OT commands at the OT-side, and make it spit out EMS at the other end?

grtz,

marcelr
hvxl

Re: Nefit easy connect adapter vs. EMS-OT converter

Post by hvxl »

Alternative suggestion: If you load the interface firmware on the OTGW, you can create your own responses and emulate any boiler you want that way.
Schelte
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Nefit easy connect adapter vs. EMS-OT converter

Post by marcelr »

I didn't know that, thanks, will try it!

grtz,

marcelr

Return to “Hvac, Heating Opentherm Forum”