difference Remeha Calanta and the Remeha Calenta Ace rj11

Forum about Opentherm, Hvac, House heating, Boilers

Moderator: hvxl

labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

difference Remeha Calanta and the Remeha Calenta Ace rj11

Post by labium »

I have a Remeha Calenta and a half year newer Remeha Calanta Ace. They both have a rj 11 service jacket. the rj11 of the Remeha Calanta is serial and works , but i cant get a serial communication going on the Remeha Calanta Ace. Does some know if the Ace rj 11 is a 4 wired network entrance ? . The newest Aces do have a RJ45 entrance.
sincze
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: difference Remeha Calanta and the Remeha Calenta Ace rj11

Post by sincze »

Anyone with an update ;-) interested in this as well.
D_Hailsham
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by D_Hailsham »

The original Calenta supported Opentherm controllers, including Smartpower, and on/off controllers. The newer Calenta Ace uses R-bus, which is used by the Remeha eTwist controller. It still supports Opentherm, Smartpower and on/off controllers. The eTwist can be used with Apple and Google Apps to remotely control the system.
sincze
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sincze »

Ok, tnx. The RJ11 seems to be general service port on the Remeha series where this topic seems to be about.
So reading the RJ 11 on Calenta Ace.

Currently have my Calenta ACE via OTGW to a Honeywell Chronotherm Modulation round working.
Tried Calenta ACE via OTGW to ETWIST..... that seems an issue. ETWIST won't switch on.
D_Hailsham
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by D_Hailsham »

Is the eTwist gateway also connected? If so, try disconnecting it and connect the eTwist controller OT terminals direct to the OTGW. The eTwist can be used with or without the eTwist gateway. You just lose the app/wireless functionality.
steffenklein
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by steffenklein »

sincze wrote:Currently have my Calenta ACE via OTGW to a Honeywell Chronotherm Modulation round working.
Sounds very interesting. I am currently investigating to read my Calenta ACE 25DS.

Could you tell me which OpenTherm Gateway you have used and where you have connected it - to the R-Bus?

Regards,
Steffen
jgeo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jgeo »

It seems like Remeha dropped the serial interface (2021 Remeha Calenta Ace 40c), and now the RJ connector on the front uses a 1 MHz CAN Bus (2.5V I/O signal).

Return to “Hvac, Heating Opentherm Forum”