MQTT: Initializing failure - "unable to open database file"

Alles m.b.t. de Homeseer MQTT Broker Plugin van Willem Eradus (Dutch Forum)

Moderator: Willem4ever

jhernandez
Starting Member
Starting Member

MQTT: Initializing failure - "unable to open database file"

Post by jhernandez »

Problem Statement

MQTT Plugin isn't initializing and never shows up in the list PLUG-INS.

Warning message on PLUG-INS web page

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from MQTT - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

The following message shows up in the HS3 startup screen:

Initializing plug-in(2): MQTT Instance::unable to open database fileSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Platform Summary

Windows 10 Home
HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
1.5.0.0: MQTT

The Gory Details

I have made avaulable a more detailed problem summary, complete with screenshots, detailed diagnostic information, what I have done so far to try and fix it, and more, as a PDF file here on Office365 OneDrive:
- https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnJ1HyFTfZRwm5wHgE5ogwuxWQBjbg

I am posting this question in both locations below and will post the answer, when available, in both as well.
- domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=74& ... mp;t=10525
- https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=620

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Jason
jhernandez
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: MQTT: Initializing failure - "unable to open database file"

Post by jhernandez »

After fiddling around for far too long with permissions, I took some fairly drastic steps to resolve the problem:
  • Made a copy of the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS3" directory to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS3 Copy"
  • Took a screenshot of all the installed plugins
  • Uninstalled everything HomeSeer
  • Reinstalled everything HomeSeer
  • Put back all the plugins
  • Copied the contents of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS3 Copy" back to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS3"
End result was that whatever permissions issues were causing the issues have been resolved. MQTT plugin is working properly.

Thank you everyone for the assistance!

Return to “Homeseer MQTT Plugin Forum”