OTGW firmware 5.0

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTG) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Re: OTGW firmware 5.0

Postby WimN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:21 pm

Just flashed the 5.1 firmware without any problems. The LEDs now work again and return water temperature is being reported. Also updated the otmonitor on my RPi to version 5.1.
When I use that software it shows that 'Flame status' is ON, 'CH mode' is ON and 'CH enable' is ON and 'DHW mode / enable' are OFF. Just checked on the boiler itself but it is not burning.
So this seems not to be wright. OpenTherm version slave is reported as '3.00'. The status field reports: 00000001 00001010

Another strange thing is that when I go to 'Options' -> 'I/O pins' the GPIO for port A and B report 'none', the 'LEDs' are reported correctly. But the returnwater temperature is being reported so it seems to work.
When I set GPIO_A to Vcc and GPIO B to Temp sensor and press Done all seems to be ok. When I then open the I/O Pins configuration again the values are correctly shown. This also was the case wuth the 5.0 version.
Thanks for the updated 5.1 version!
WimN
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby WimN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:26 pm

Thanks for the clarification.
WimN
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby hvxl » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:39 pm

WimN wrote:Just flashed the 5.1 firmware without any problems. The LEDs now work again and return water temperature is being reported. Also updated the otmonitor on my RPi to version 5.1.

That's the wrong way around. You should update OTmonitor before upgrading the firmware. The old OTmonitor doesn't know about the newer firmware, so it doesn't know how to transfer the EEPROM settings. As a result, you will get the default settings.

WimN wrote:When I use that software it shows that 'Flame status' is ON, 'CH mode' is ON and 'CH enable' is ON and 'DHW mode / enable' are OFF. Just checked on the boiler itself but it is not burning.
So this seems not to be wright. OpenTherm version slave is reported as '3.00'. The status field reports: 00000001 00001010

If you check the Opentherm specification, you will see that the indicated status matches the bits in the status field. If the boiler is lying in its opentherm reports, there's not much the OTGW can do about it. Of course there may be some delay for the status field to be updated. So there could be a mismatch if the boiler just stopped.

WimN wrote:Another strange thing is that when I go to 'Options' -> 'I/O pins' the GPIO for port A and B report 'none', the 'LEDs' are reported correctly. But the returnwater temperature is being reported so it seems to work.
When I set GPIO_A to Vcc and GPIO B to Temp sensor and press Done all seems to be ok. When I then open the I/O Pins configuration again the values are correctly shown. This also was the case wuth the 5.0 version.

As indicated above, this is probably due to upgrading the firmware with an old version of OTmonitor. I suspect the return water temperature that is being reported is an old measurement that somehow survived across the upgrade.

WimN wrote:Thanks for the updated 5.1 version!

You're welcome. I'm glad you like it.
Schelte
hvxl

Postby TheSpanishInq » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:22 pm

hvxl wrote:A number of problems with firmware 5.0 have been reported. These have been fixed in 5.1, now available on the web site.

Thank you for that!
I can confirm the values in the PS=1 report for the 'DWH Temperature', MsgID=26, now show the same values as in otmonitor.
2021-02-24 20_50_07-Domoticz - DWH Temperature.png
2021-02-24 20_50_07-Domoticz - DWH Temperature.png (95.04 KiB) Viewed 30 times

FW upgrade ran smoothly, no problems.
TheSpanishInq
Starting Member
Starting Member

Previous

Return to Opentherm Gateway Forum