This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

jgeo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: OTGW firmware 5.0

Post by jgeo »

Hi Schelte,
If I do understand it correctly, this is implemented as in OTmonitor as an additional layer over the OTGW? Such that OTmonitor implements an MQTT interface? But doesn't the OTGW PIC not implement an MQTT interface already? Then it sounds a bit redundant. Actually, I don't use OTmonitor, (just for testing, I did), but my Home Assistant system directly talks over MQTT to the OTGW print (NodeMCU wifi interface). And that is where I noticed that I could not set the eco/comfort mode and that I receive double messages.
I'd rather not use an additional layer, in this case OTmonitor, but use the native OTGW system only, in combination with Home Assistant talking over MQTT.
In the mean time, I found another 'integration' in HA, that talks directly to the OTGW, and that way I was able to set the comfort/eco state on the boiler. And I stopped reading the ECO/Comfort stage, to avoid detcting a mode switch every few seconds.
So I have a workaround, but I'd rather use the OTGW with built in MQTT that is working complete and correct.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

The OTGW PIC only has a serial interface. It cannot possibly implement an IP protocol like MQTT. An MQTT interface can be implemented on the NodeMCU of the OTGW sold by the Nodo-Shop. But any issues with that must be addressed to the developer of whichever firmware you loaded onto the NodeMCU.
Schelte
jgeo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jgeo »

Ah, all right. I did not know this architectural fact. Clear. Then I know how to continue to help to improve this. Thanks!
Jan-Gerard

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”