Moderator: hvxl

zomo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Dietrich AMC opentherm

Post by zomo »

HI,
I have boiler Detrich EVODENS AMC 25.
I bought opetherm gateway from node shop. (https://www.nodo-shop.nl/en/opentherm-g ... teway.html)The connected with mqqt -> HA is ok, but information from the boiler is not transmitted
The gate openther is connected to R-BUS Boiler. I still have a thermostat smart tc from detrich. if I put the opentherm gate between the boiler and the thermostat, the room thermostat will not work. Alone opentherm gateway also not working:(

Help me please.
hvxl

Re: Dietrich AMC opentherm

Post by hvxl »

I have no experience with De Dietrich equipment, but a quick web search reveals that there are 3 different types of Smart TC thermostats. Unless you have a version that supports opentherm, it's not going to work with the OTGW.

The boiler is supposed to auto-detect the type of thermostat connected. I can imagine that it will only do that initially. Once it has seen an R-Bus thermostat, it may not switch to opentherm later. You can try to cycle the power of the boiler with the OTGW connected and see if that gets the communication going.
Schelte
zomo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by zomo »

hvxl wrote:I have no experience with De Dietrich equipment, but a quick web search reveals that there are 3 different types of Smart TC thermostats. Unless you have a version that supports opentherm, it's not going to work with the OTGW.

The boiler is supposed to auto-detect the type of thermostat connected. I can imagine that it will only do that initially. Once it has seen an R-Bus thermostat, it may not switch to opentherm later. You can try to cycle the power of the boiler with the OTGW connected and see if that gets the communication going.
If I connected only opentherm gateway to boiler port R-BUS also gateway not working :(
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

When you respond, at least indicate if you actually tried the suggestion. Only repeating information that you already mentioned in your initial post is not very useful.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”