Locked out OpenTherm GateWay, version 2.3, ethernet, Nodo

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Lemur
Starting Member
Starting Member

Locked out OpenTherm GateWay, version 2.3, ethernet, Nodo

Post by Lemur »

I managed to lock myself out of my new OpenTherm GateWay, version 2.3, ethernet, from Nodo-shop. I did not enter a new user and password in the web interface, because I thought I would gain access without a password. Unfortunately, the web interface now asks me for login details and I can't access it by filling in nothing. Entering admin/admin, 0/0 and null/null also doesn't help. How do I solve this?
hvxl

Re: Locked out OpenTherm GateWay, version 2.3, ethernet, Nodo

Post by hvxl »

I did not change the password on my USR-TCP232-T2 either and can still log in with admin/admin. So I suggest you double check your steps.

Failing all else, you can attempt to reset the USR-TCP232-T2 to factory settings. A quick search on the web came up with https://www.pusr.com/support/faq/how-to ... odule.html
Schelte
Lemur
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Lemur »

With "I did not enter a new user and password in the web interface, because I thought I would gain access without a password." I meant that I made admin/admin empty and then clicked on save or OK, etc.

I understand that there is no easy way to reset the web interface? All the software for the USR-TCP232-T2 on pusr.com/products/serial-to-ethernet-co ... 32-t2.html is windows and I have no windows computer.
Lemur
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Lemur »

According to this paper it is probably possible to change the password witch at commands in a serial terminal: usriot.ru/download/M4/USR-TCP232-E2-AT- ... V1.0.0.pdf.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Yes, that seems to be a possibility. The problem is access to the serial interface of the USR-TCP232-T2. I assume the part is soldered onto the OTGW board. In that case you can try to remove the PIC and connect a 5V FTDI USB->serial cable to pins 5 (GND), 8 (RX), and 11 (TX) of the PIC socket. I'd be very interested to hear if you manage to recover the device that way.

WARNING: When connecting the FTDI USB->serial cable directly to the USR-TCP232-T2, you'll probably need to use a 3.3V version.
Schelte
Lemur
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Lemur »

According to the USR-TCP232-T2 User Manual v1.0 (page ) there are 3 possibilities for a factory reset.

4.4.3. Factory Reset
1) Hardware: pull “ Reload “ down to 0 V level for 5 seconds then pull CFG( Reload) up to 3.3 V or don’t connect it, resetting is finished.
2) Software: finish it by set-up software.
3) AT Demand: AT+ clear

The diagram at page 8 does not help me. What should I do to do a hardware factory reset?

stupin.su/files/USR-TCP232-T2-User-Manu ... l-V1.0.pdf
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

I understand that as just pulling the CFG pin low for 5 seconds and then releasing it. There should be no problem to do that with the USR-TCP232-T2 installed on the OTGW board, because the board does not have any traces going to the CFG pin.
Schelte
Lemur
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Lemur »

Connecting pin 7 (CFG - Reload) to pin 3 (GND) does not produce a factory reset. Connecting pin 7 to pin 2 (3.3V) first and then to pin 3 also produces nothing.

Fine soldering is not my strong point. I got the front two pins fairly loose. The other seven remain rock solid. Should I buy a desoldering pump?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

The instructions say you have to connect it for 5 seconds. It's probably best to err on the longer side. You did understand that you have to perform the procedure with power applied, right?

I don't know what you hope to achieve by desoldering the device. As mentioned, both methods 1 and 3 can be done with the USR-TCP232-T2 installed on the OTGW.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”