OTMonitor on Atheros SOC (TP-Link TL-WR710N)

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

emmeesse68
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTMonitor on Atheros SOC (TP-Link TL-WR710N)

Post by emmeesse68 »

Hi all,

I was playing around with my TP-Link TL-WT710N, putting together the needed setup to put on wireless the serial communictions from my OTGW, then I had a weird idea... I said to myself: "hey, the TP-Link is running OpenWRT, that's basically a Linux distro... Maybe it will run the daemon version og OTMonitor as well... It's a small computer after all!"

Then, I tried to understand what the chances were and where to start. Atheros AR9331@400MHz (not bad...) 8MB Flash (could fit a reduced size OTMonitor), 32MB Ram (that would be enough I think). Only, the Atheros chip is not one for which there's a pre-compiled release, since it's not ARM but it's MIPS 32 bit.

Since I succeeded repackaging OTMonitor for my Linux 64bit in the past, I was thinking of doing the same trick to repackage with the proper TCLKIT... did some research but ended up in nothing, I found a TCL Kit for MIPS platform but didn't work, also I used the full source package but I think I could strip at least the GUI part, since my TP-Link is headless and doesn't run X...

Ideas? Is it something worth investing time on, or it's definitely not going to work?
hvxl

Re: OTMonitor on Atheros SOC (TP-Link TL-WR710N)

Post by hvxl »

Tcl and Tclkit can quite easily be cross-compiled. So if you set up a cross-compile environment, you can build a Tclkit for the TP-Link.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”