Where to buy an already programed OTGW PIC16F88?

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Mario from Spain

Where to buy an already programed OTGW PIC16F88?

Post by Mario from Spain »

Somehow the PIC16F88 in my OTGW stopped working.

Where can I buy a PIC16F88 already programmed with the OTGW firmware?

I mean other than voti.nl as they charge a grand total of 14.40€ for one PIC and it looks too expensive to me.
hvxl

Re: Where to buy an already programed OTGW PIC16F88?

Post by hvxl »

Of course the price for such a small order largely depends on shipping cost. I'm not sure where in the world you are. Your user name suggest that you have your roots in Spain, but the price you quoted for voti.nl seems to be for delivery outside of Europe. Admittedly, for delivery to Spain, the price would still be €13.72.

I asked my contact at the nodo shop and he indicated that they can also sell you just the PIC for the OTGW. Just send them an email, indicating where you want the PIC shipped to. Then they should be able to give you a quote. The email address can be found on the bottom of web site.
Schelte
Mario from Spain

hvxl wrote:Of course the price for such a small order largely depends on shipping cost. I'm not sure where in the world you are. Your user name suggest that you have your roots in Spain, but the price you quoted for voti.nl seems to be for delivery outside of Europe. Admittedly, for delivery to Spain, the price would still be €13.72.

I asked my contact at the nodo shop and he indicated that they can also sell you just the PIC for the OTGW. Just send them an email, indicating where you want the PIC shipped to. Then they should be able to give you a quote. The email address can be found on the bottom of web site.
Thank you very much. Sorry for the delay in answering, I didn't receive notification from the forum.
I will contact nodoshop.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

In the mean time I also found that it may even be possible to get a programmed PIC directly from Microchip (Enter PIC16F88-I/P, then upload the gateway.hex file). They appear to charge €2.49 for the PIC itself, €0.14 for programming it, and around €6.54 for shipping to Spain (€5.76 to the Netherlands). That would amount to €9.17. To bring the price per PIC down further, order more than one ;-)

Note: I haven't tried this option myself, so I can't say for sure that it works.
Schelte
Mario from Spain

Sorry, again, for the delay in answering, I still didn't receive notification from the forum.

Following your advice, I ordered it from Nodo shop. Very good service, with reasonable pricing and fast shipping. I received it as two or three weeks ago, mounted it onto OTGW and it's up and running again as a champion.

Thank you very much!

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”