Remeha Tzerra Plus and msgID 14

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

bas_vdl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Remeha Tzerra Plus and msgID 14

Post by bas_vdl »

I have a Remeha Tzerra Plus boiler including a Remeha iSense thermostat. The OTGW matrix states that msgID 14 has not been observed for my boiler, but it has been observed for my thermostat.

First question, is this still ok if I want to monitor some basic stats of the boiler and control the temperature via HomeAssistant?

Second is the matrix up-to-date, since the matrix states that msgID 14 was observed for the Remeha Tzerra boiler (the standard, not plus).

Regards,

Bas
hvxl

Re: Remeha Tzerra Plus and msgID 14

Post by hvxl »

The matrix depends on users uploading their log files. Such a log file is produced using a specific thermostat and boiler combination. If the thermostat used to produce the log does not request a certain MsgID, then it's not possible to determine whether the boiler supports it. So, if MsgID 14 is indicated as "not observed" for your boiler, then it is still unknown if the boiler supports it. If you see MsgID 14 in your own logs (or other messages that are not mentioned in the matrix), then you may consider uploading a log file to improve the information available in the matrix.
Schelte
bas_vdl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bas_vdl »

What could be the downside if MsgID 14 is not observed
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Once again, "not observed" means that information about support for the MsgID by your boiler is unknown. The downside to that is that I cannot make a definite statement about it, because I don't know. That's all.
Schelte
bas_vdl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bas_vdl »

Ah ok. I thought msgID is reserved for a specific instruction. Without this, you miss a specific functionality...

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”