Connection loss om RPi

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

WimN
Starting Member
Starting Member

Connection loss om RPi

Post by WimN »

Hell, I'm running otmonitor v4.3 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ running Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster). The boiler is Intergas and the thermostat is a Honeywell Lyric T6. The connection to the OTGW from nodo-shop with NodeMCU) is over WiFi
It used to work ok but recently I had the build the OS again on the Pi using 'buster' and installed all the latest software. otmonitor works ok for some time but then it stops communicating with the OTGW. When I click the connect icon on the lower right to disconnect and the click it again to reconnect it start working and the log show data coming in. No restart of Pi or otmonitor is needed. Any idea what might be the cause??

Is there an option available to have an automatic reconnect after loss of data-communication. Normally there is a continuous flow of data coming in and when that stops for more than a few seconds such an option might try to connect again to the OTGW.

Thanks.
hvxl

Re: Connection loss om RPi

Post by hvxl »

OTmonitor will try to reconnect when the socket drops. But if the other side doesn't get the chance to cleanly terminate the TCP connection, OTmonitor isn't aware of a problem until it tries to send something.

That's why the usual suggestion is to enable the automatic clock update (thermostat configuration). That way OTmonitor will send a command to the gateway every minute. In case of problems with the socket, the command will result in a failure condition on the socket. The socket is closed and OTmonitor will do a reconnect attempt.
Schelte
WimN
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Connection loss om RPi

Post by WimN »

Ok, thanks. I've made the change and restarted otmonitor.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”