Ideal Halo Lite OpenTherm Thermostat

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

tjfs
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Ideal Halo Lite OpenTherm Thermostat

Post by tjfs »

With the Ideal Halo Lite thermostat connected to the boiler via the gateway, it works now.

I tested it successfully with a 3W 24V power supply, so now it's all installed inside a box

I can use my new thermostat and I also have OTGW on wifi to play with.

Thank you Schelte!
tjfs
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tjfs »

For anyone who is wondering what this is, it's a round OpenTherm wired thermostat with colour display available in the UK for about 30 euros inc. sales tax and shipping.

It's good to see more OpenTherm thermostats becoming available at reasonable prices. Any other recommendations out there?

Tim
Templar

Post by Templar »

tjfs wrote:For anyone who is wondering what this is, it's a round OpenTherm wired thermostat with colour display available in the UK for about 30 euros inc. sales tax and shipping.

It's good to see more OpenTherm thermostats becoming available at reasonable prices. Any other recommendations out there?

Tim
You can take a look here: domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=75&amp ... mp;t=10541
tjfs
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tjfs »

I did look at that list, however those thermostats were on the market in 2015 and times have changed...

One drawback with the Ideal Halo Lite is there doesn't seem to be any way to control the setpoint from the gateway.

Best wishes

Tim

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”