OTGW with wpa2-enterprise?

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Gerard64
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTGW with wpa2-enterprise?

Post by Gerard64 »

I am new in the world of smart home domotica. I installed home-assistant in a virtual ubuntu system and thought the first most important thing to make smart is my central heating system. I searched days how to make that possible. I could buy a smart thermostat but then which one? Those are expensive too and do they work with my wpa2-enterprise wireless network?

Then i found several options how to build it yourself for less money but way more complicated like this OTGW project.
I would ike to buy the OTGW parts but not before i know exactly if its going to work for me and how to set it up.
What i read this far is very complicated to set up.

First thing i would like to know about OTGW is it capable to connect to my wpa2-enterprise (peap) wireless network.
I also have a philips hue bridge so if it could talk zigbee instead of wifi that would be cool to.

Anybody here to give me some insight on this how to make this work?
hvxl

Re: OTGW with wpa2-enterprise?

Post by hvxl »

The standard OTGW has an RS232 interface. If you attach an esp8266 to it, like the WiFi version sold by the Nodo shop, it can be used wireless. I understand there is a library for the esp8266 to do peap. But I am not aware of some ready to use sketch for this. And it doesn't sound like you are willing to do the legwork yourself.

There is someone creating his own NodeMCU firmware for the NodoShop version of the OTGW and he is asking for feature suggestions. You could check if he is willing to add a peap option.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”