This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Marchel
Starting Member
Starting Member

missing Domestic hot water temperature

Post by Marchel »

ATAG E320S (https://bit.ly/39ALppY)
The domestic hot water temperature thermostat is not read in the OTGW.
Is there a possibility for this?
Attachments
Opentherm Gateway Status Summary.pdf
(106.79 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Marchel
hvxl

Re: missing Domestic hot water temperature

Post by hvxl »

Maybe your thermostat does not request MsgID 26. I believe you are using the OTGW stand-alone. In that mode, the OTGW doesn't request the domestic hot water temperature by default. If you want to obtain that data, you have to instruct the OTGW to retrieve it: AA=26.
Schelte
Marchel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marchel »

hvxl wrote:Maybe your thermostat does not request MsgID 26. I believe you are using the OTGW stand-alone. In that mode, the OTGW doesn't request the domestic hot water temperature by default. If you want to obtain that data, you have to instruct the OTGW to retrieve it: AA=26.
This was the trick to make the temperature visible.
Thank you. :D
Marchel
sincze
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sincze »

hvxl wrote:Maybe your thermostat does not request MsgID 26. I believe you are using the OTGW stand-alone. In that mode, the OTGW doesn't request the domestic hot water temperature by default. If you want to obtain that data, you have to instruct the OTGW to retrieve it: AA=26.
Different boiler, but if it says invalid.
Schelte-Invalid.PNG
Schelte-Invalid.PNG (2.12 KiB) Viewed 2282 times
Any suggestions for that maybe?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

According to the spec: "Data-Invalid: If the data ID is recognised by the slave but the data requested is not available or invalid."

I can imagine that the same firmware is used for different boiler models. The higher end boilers have a DHW sensor and will return a value. In the lower end boilers, the firmware understands the Data-ID, but because the sensor is absent, it cannot provide the information.

You could investigate if a DHW sensor spare part for the higher end boiler can be fitted to your boiler. There is a reasonable chance the firmware will then return the value. Otherwise there is not much that can be done when the boiler doesn't have the necessary hardware.
Schelte
sincze
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sincze »

Tnx.

The Boiler manual is mentioning this sensor indeed. And I found a small remark as well.
otgw-boiler.png
otgw-boiler.png (250.79 KiB) Viewed 2225 times
As this is the TOP range model (Calenta ACE) I would expect it to be available, but with your help I now have a service ticket open with the supplier to see why this could be missing.

In addition I found. (simple Honeywell Round is not able to set this option, that is for sure).
otgw-boiler2.png
otgw-boiler2.png (245.68 KiB) Viewed 2222 times

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”