This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Carolus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Backlight

Post by Carolus »

A good afternoon,

JL an OTGW connected between Intergas 36 and Isense V30, after connecting and set date and time,
the Isense background lighting starts to flash after a few minutes OTGW is new, boiler is from 2014, have already replaced power supply without resultant, someone any idea

Gr, Carolus
hvxl

Re: Backlight

Post by hvxl »

Start OTmonitor and connect it to the OTGW. Make sure the OTGW is set to GW mode (GW=1). Enable logging to a log file. You may also want to enable all options under Options -> Thermostat -> Clock and click "Set Clock", so you don't have to manually set the date and time. Then (re)connect the iSense. If the problem persists, provide the log file.
Schelte
Carolus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Carolus »

Hello, GW mode, i don't understand that how to do
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Options -> Miscellaneous -> Gateway
Schelte
Carolus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Carolus »

Hello, i set
Start OTmonitor and connect it to the OTGW. Make sure the OTGW is set to GW mode (GW=1). Enable logging to a log file. You may also want to enable all options under Options -> Thermostat -> Clock and click "Set Clock", so you don't have to manually set the date and time. Then (re)connect the iSense. If the problem persists, provide the log file.

After this so far so good! Thanks I hope so! 20 minutes

Thanks, I will report back

Gr, Carolus
Carolus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Carolus »

Sorry,

noops flashing again
Carolus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Carolus »

no errors in the logfile
Carolus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Carolus »

Hello,

After this, i view youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx-rUxzMN8Q The monitor showing nothing
Attachments
opentherm.PNG
opentherm.PNG (128.48 KiB) Viewed 3003 times
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

It looks like you haven't got your OTGW/OTmonitor combination working yet. I suggest you focus on that first before worrying about details like backlight.
Schelte
Carolus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Carolus »

Hello, Thanks

Isense is now working with OTGW finaly, OT monitor is now running
Its may be that the backlight of the Isense goes to a lower power when not touched?

Thanks for all
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

The iSense backlight switches off when not touched for some time. This can be configured via Menu -> Settings -> Users -> Display -> Light time-out (Dutch: Instellingen -> Gebruikersinst. -> Scherm -> Verlichting). But that's not what I would consider "flashing".

When you touch the display, the log will show "Medium power" and the iSense backlight switches on. After the configured time, the backlight switches off and the log shows "Low power".
Schelte
Carolus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Carolus »

Hello,
When you touch the display, the log will show "Medium power" and the iSense backlight switches on. After the configured time, the backlight switches off and the log shows "Low power".

No,no, The first time when installed the Isense blue light, After a few hours - days later when I touch the isense, no more blue background (low power) everything dark. I put the batteries back in and this will work!
OT monitor no no signal low - medium power in the logs!

Gr, Carolus
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

If you have a solution that works for you and you continue to refuse to provide the log I asked for, I guess this topic can be closed.

For other people that happen to stumble upon this thread: The iSense can work just fine without batteries when connected to the OTGW.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”