some (basic?) issues with OTGW/Domoticz

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

jacobdvh
Starting Member
Starting Member

some (basic?) issues with OTGW/Domoticz

Post by jacobdvh »

I have just installed the OTGW hardware and approaching it from Domoticz/RPI. Please see attached log. I have (for now) three questions:
1. After Reset I do get a number of B/T messages in the log, however, after some 10-15 minutes this stops and I get several different error messages.
2. What does PR: _=N mean??
3. I dont get a translation next to the hex messages; how do I get this going?

Is there anybody who can help me as a newby to get this exciting technology going?

P.S. I tried to attach the Log file, but this was rejected because html extension. So, additional question: HOW do I post a log file?
Jacob van Houdt
Eelde
jdvhoudt@gmail.com
hvxl

Re: some (basic?) issues with OTGW/Domoticz

Post by hvxl »

1. I believe Domoticz disables the normal output of B/T messages using the PS=1 command. From then on only error messages will get through.
  2. There are different pieces of information that can be queried using the PR command. See the web site for details. However, the reports are all identified by a letter. You should not see an underscore.
  3. Translation of the messages is done by the OTmonitor application. I advise to get the OTGW working with OTmonitor first, before adding Domoticz into the mix. That will help to get some basic understanding of how things work.
You can post OTGW logs either within code tags, or as an attachment with an accepted extension, such as zip or tgz. If you want my help, post a log from OTmonitor. Domoticz log files have no meaning to me.
Schelte
jacobdvh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jacobdvh »

Many thanks Schelte for your help. I am going to focus first on getting OTMonitor up and running and then will take it from there. I found the paragraph about the diagnostic firmware and look forward to running this through my system.

Will keep you posted, but it is all going very slowly as I am very rusty about linux etc; more than 30 years since I used it to any extent. Will keep working on it; I am very stubborn.

Once again, thanks so far.

Jacob
Jacob van Houdt
Eelde
jdvhoudt@gmail.com
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

OTmonitor is also available for Windows. Judging by the symptoms you reported so far, your OTGW seems to be working just fine. I don't expect the diagnostic firmware will find any problems.
Schelte
jacobdvh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jacobdvh »

Good News. I followed your advise: got OTMonitor downloaded, installed and working. Switched off the OTGW from Domoticz. Rebooted the OTGW and voila, it all seems to be working. Logging all messages. No Errors! So, here is a happy chappy.
Many thanks for your pointers.

Will be away for a few days before I can start on my main reason for this project: I have a Honeywell HCE20 Zone controller. It has 5 rooms with their own thermostat plus of course 5 valves for the zones and I will try to add 5 tuples of 3 variables so that I can see how this damned thing is working. I hope I can derive these variables from additional messages towards the Controller.

Anyway, maybe I will have some further questions once this is a bit further on.

Again, many thanks for your help.

Jacob.
Jacob van Houdt
Eelde
jdvhoudt@gmail.com

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”