Unknown-DataId Control Setpoint

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

k_delaat
Starting Member
Starting Member

Unknown-DataId Control Setpoint

Post by k_delaat »

Sometimes my heating system stops functioning correctly. I investigated the problem and it turns out that the OTG responds to the thermostat that the boiler does'nt understand the control setpoint ID (ID 01).

I don't know the exact cause of this behaviour but I guess that the boiler once responded with unknown-dataId (for some reason) and that the OTG doesn't send any control setpoint message to the boiler.
The problem is that if the last control setpoint was for example low (30 degrees C) that my house keeps cold while the thermostat tries to warm it up. The only way to solve this situation is to remove the OTG from the power supply.
So my request is that the firmware is adjusted in such a way that the vital messages are always send to the boiler.

If I would have the source I can maybe make this change by myself. But I don't have a programmer so it must be done using the firmware update function.

In the attachment is a log file showing the problem
Attachments
otlog.zip
(751 Bytes) Downloaded 370 times
hvxl

Re: Unknown-DataId Control Setpoint

Post by hvxl »

Koen,

Unfortunately your log only shows the situation after it has already gone wrong. It would be interesting if you could capture some minutes before and after the point where it starts failing. According to the specs the boiler should never answer Unknown-DataID to a control setpoint message. The gateway should not blacklist the message unless it saw an Unknown-DataID response. It would be nice to know which of two is misbehaving.

I appreciate your suggestion never to blacklist the mandatory messages, but that is not as easy as you might think with the limited resources available in a PIC. I'll think about how to do this.
Schelte
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

I had a same situation:

The iSense lost connection to the kettle.. The last thing it did was heating, so it has been doing that until i powercycled the OTG.
No logging available :(
k_delaat
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by k_delaat »

I don't have a log file from the moment where the problem starts. This because it seems to be arbitrary when it happens, although it happens almost every day since a few days.

I thought I had the real cause of the problem, but the error already rises after 2,5 hours.

I now do have the complete logfile, so maybe you can trace where the problem starts (see attachement).

Maybe it is easier to disable/remove the complete part from blacklisting and alternative ids. Ofcourse that is not a good solution, but it will at least keep my house warm until the moment a good solution is there. Can you build such firmware for me?
I maybe did find the real cause of the problem. When I openend the OTG I saw that there has been leaked some water into the OTG, causing the PCB looking like this

Nevertheless I think it is a good idea to never blacklist the mandatory messages.
Attachments
otlog.zip
(238.11 KiB) Downloaded 377 times

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”