ZonOpToon - Qubino Smart Meter

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, Toonz, TheHogNL, TerrorSource

Re: The new Toon 2 has been rooted!

Postby freddie » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:09 am

I just called Eneco (my current energy supplier) to order a Toon and they offered me the following:

Eneco KetelComfort Standaard (biyearly maintenance to the boiler / https://www.eneco.nl/energieproducten/cv-onderhoud/)
for a minimum of 12 months
for 8,95 euro/month
first 3 months for free

Total price: 80,55 euro (9 months * 8,95)

For this price I will receive boiler maintenance, a FREE Toon with installation and a Toon membership for 4,50 euro/month which can be cancelled within 30 days.
I've also added the 'Zon op Toon' module to track my solar panels for an additional on-time payment of 99,95 euro.

This looks like a good deal since I will not be tied down to Eneco for 4 years and the Toon normally costs 200 euro.

Now all I need is someone to help me root the Toon so I can unleash the full potential and use it with my Home Assistant setup. They are going to install my Toon in seven days, so after that I can send the Toon by post or visit one of you. I live near Utrecht. Anyone?
freddie
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: July 2020

Re: The new Toon 2 has been rooted!

Postby TerrorSource » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:54 pm

freddie wrote:I just called Eneco (my current energy supplier) to order a Toon and they offered me the following:

Eneco KetelComfort Standaard (biyearly maintenance to the boiler / https://www.eneco.nl/energieproducten/cv-onderhoud/)
for a minimum of 12 months
for 8,95 euro/month
first 3 months for free

Total price: 80,55 euro (9 months * 8,95)

For this price I will receive boiler maintenance, a FREE Toon with installation and a Toon membership for 4,50 euro/month which can be cancelled within 30 days.
I've also added the 'Zon op Toon' module to track my solar panels for an additional on-time payment of 99,95 euro.

This looks like a good deal since I will not be tied down to Eneco for 4 years and the Toon normally costs 200 euro.

Now all I need is someone to help me root the Toon so I can unleash the full potential and use it with my Home Assistant setup. They are going to install my Toon in seven days, so after that I can send the Toon by post or visit one of you. I live near Utrecht. Anyone?


Sure, send me a PM or contact me via Marktplaats https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1563338272

Does that 8,95 included the Toon 4,50 a month contract and you don't need an energy contract with Eneco? If you don't need an energy contract it looks like a pretty good deal

Btw. ask the mechanic who installs the ZonOpToon to put a Qubino Smart Meter in place for no extra charge ;) That's the digital z-wave version of the "simple" kwh-meter.
TerrorSource
Member
Member
 
Posts: 471
Joined: May 2017

Re: The new Toon 2 has been rooted!

Postby freddie » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:21 pm

TerrorSource wrote:Sure, send me a PM or contact me via Marktplaats https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1563338272

Does that 8,95 included the Toon 4,50 a month contract and you don't need an energy contract with Eneco? If you don't need an energy contract it looks like a pretty good deal

Btw. ask the mechanic who installs the ZonOpToon to put a Qubino Smart Meter in place for no extra charge ;) That's the digital z-wave version of the "simple" kwh-meter.


No, the 4,50 is extra and i assume that a contract with Eneco is mandatory. Nevertheless the monthly subscription for Toon can be cancelled. Maybe I can even avoid subscribing at all. I will contact you as soon as everything is installed. Thanks for the tip about the Qubino.
freddie
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: July 2020

Re: The new Toon 2 has been rooted!

Postby timkoers » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:41 pm

TerrorSource wrote:That's the digital z-wave version of the "simple" kwh-meter.


Will the ZonOpToon function wirelessly then?
timkoers
Member
Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: June 2018

Re: The new Toon 2 has been rooted!

Postby marcelr » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:51 pm

timkoers wrote:Will the ZonOpToon function wirelessly then?

Yep. No hassle with optical sensors anymore.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: May 2012
Location: Ehv

Re: The new Toon 2 has been rooted!

Postby timkoers » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:07 pm

marcelr wrote:
timkoers wrote:Will the ZonOpToon function wirelessly then?

Yep. No hassle with optical sensors anymore.


Out of the box, on the Toon1?


I just started working out the idea of using two ESP-01's as a relay for the signal to transfer it down the house.
timkoers
Member
Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: June 2018

Re: The new Toon 2 has been rooted!

Postby TerrorSource » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:08 pm

timkoers wrote:
marcelr wrote:
timkoers wrote:Will the ZonOpToon function wirelessly then?

Yep. No hassle with optical sensors anymore.


Out of the box, on the Toon1?


I just started working out the idea of using two ESP-01's as a relay for the signal to transfer it down the house.


Yes. On Toon1 and Toon2.

Just connected mine yesterday. It works but Toon thinks that it’s an Analog sensor while it’s not. But he, it works.
TerrorSource
Member
Member
 
Posts: 471
Joined: May 2017

Re: The new Toon 2 has been rooted!

Postby timkoers » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:46 pm

TerrorSource wrote:Yes. On Toon1 and Toon2.

Just connected mine yesterday. It works but Toon thinks that it’s an Analog sensor while it’s not. But he, it works.


Cool!
But damn €135,-
timkoers
Member
Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: June 2018

Re: The new Toon 2 has been rooted!

Postby TerrorSource » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:09 pm

timkoers wrote:
TerrorSource wrote:Yes. On Toon1 and Toon2.

Just connected mine yesterday. It works but Toon thinks that it’s an Analog sensor while it’s not. But he, it works.


Cool!
But damn €135,-


You can buy them cheaper but don't buy it at MaxICT.

Ps. I'll create a new topic to discuss this further (this is a topic for rooting Toon2)

EDIT: Separate topic: https://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=12857
TerrorSource
Member
Member
 
Posts: 471
Joined: May 2017

ZonOpToon - Qubino Smart Meter

Postby TerrorSource » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:20 pm

Created this topic to discuss the Qubino Smart Meter to use with solar panels - ZonOpToon.

Qubino Smart Meter is a digital meter for Kwh's on a group. This Qubino Smart Meter can be connected to a Z-wave controller and the Toon (as it is a Z-wave controller).

It replaces a analoge KWh-meter with an Analog cable.

This Qubino Smart Meter can be purchased from different webshops
See: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1373028 ... meter.html
(Warning, don't buy from MaxICT)
TerrorSource
Member
Member
 
Posts: 471
Joined: May 2017

Re: The new Toon 2 has been rooted!

Postby TheHogNL » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:22 pm

timkoers wrote:I just started working out the idea of using two ESP-01's as a relay for the signal to transfer it down the house.


I'm doing this for a few years already now. 3x ESP, two each on a inverter (have two seperate solar installations) and the third combining the numbers and presenting it to the meteradapter as pulses. Much cheaper than the qubino solution :)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1729
Joined: August 2017

Re: ZonOpToon - Qubino Smart Meter

Postby marcelr » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:02 pm

Moved a bunch of posts from the toon 2 rooted thread to this one.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: May 2012
Location: Ehv

Re: ZonOpToon - Qubino Smart Meter

Postby Joco18 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:06 pm

Hello i also installed the qubino 3 fase smart meter to connect with the toon for
my solar panels.
It works great but i have a question:
Does anybody know how to turn of the orange led2 (blinking).
It has to do with changing the parameter 100 but i don't know how to connect with the Z-wave Qubino
Thank you.

Greetings Jos
Joco18
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: September 2020

Re: ZonOpToon - Qubino Smart Meter

Postby TheHogNL » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:28 am

Joco18 wrote:Hello i also installed the qubino 3 fase smart meter to connect with the toon for
my solar panels.
It works great but i have a question:
Does anybody know how to turn of the orange led2 (blinking).
It has to do with changing the parameter 100 but i don't know how to connect with the Z-wave Qubino
Thank you.

Greetings Jos


Don't have it myself but try on http://toon-ip/hdrv_zwave/
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1729
Joined: August 2017


Return to Toon Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron