Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

mvdbr4nd
Starting Member
Starting Member

SolarBridge - For SolarEdge

Post by mvdbr4nd »

Hi SolarEdge owners,

If you have a toon (hacked) you can feed your solaredge cloud data to ZonOpToon using a bridge that runs on a WEMOS D mini (3 USD). and a optocoupler (1 USD). The idea came from oepi-loepi who did this for a growatt convertor. Since SolarEdge exposes roughly the same data from the cloud (using a similar API) I decided to fork this project to a solaredge version. Please check this forum for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=12751

To build this project you will need platformio (free opensource IDE) which will build the binary and allows you to upload this to a WEMOS D mini. The bridge will expose as an AP (which has a catch portal that takes you to the config screen) you choose your WIFI and API credentials and thats it. The Wemos will query the API every minute and simulate pulse for the ENECO METER ADAPTER. This solution is handy if you have:
- A PV group (instead of a clean solar group in your house)
- No KWh meter in place
- No Eneco ZonOpToon HW
- Hacked Toon with ZonOpToon (which you can enable)

project file:
https://github.com/mvdbr4nd/solarbridge-solaredge
jblokzijl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: SolarBridge - For SolarEdge

Post by jblokzijl »

Someone willing to write a newsbie guide? I would love to show my SolarEdge solar data on Toon....
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

jblokzijl wrote:Someone willing to write a newsbie guide? I would love to show my SolarEdge solar data on Toon....
There are 3 possibilities do get Zon op Toon.

1. Install a KWh meter in your fusebox and connect this to the meteradapter. viewtopic.php?f=95&t=11969
2. Buy a Wemos, program it and put your credentials into the wemos. Connect the Wemos to the meteradapter viewtopic.php?f=95&t=12896
3. Buy the Wemos meteradapter at Marktplaats (someone is offering these complete)

Another possibility is write an app that is only showing the current data from the api without integration into the Toon (no graphs, no compare to consumption etc).
jblokzijl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jblokzijl »

Oepi-Joepi, did you get my message? It seems I can't use the message functionality on this forum...
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

jblokzijl wrote:Oepi-Joepi, did you get my message? It seems I can't use the message functionality on this forum...
Yes, i got your message. I am wordking towards an app.

NEW APP WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON. This new app will be installed on toon and will extract all data from the iverter biy software. No hardware needed anymore.
GrandiJoos
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by GrandiJoos »

oepi-loepi wrote:NEW APP WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON. This new app will be installed on toon and will extract all data from the iverter biy software. No hardware needed anymore.
Wow, this would be great! Looking forward to any updates.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

GrandiJoos wrote:
oepi-loepi wrote:NEW APP WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON. This new app will be installed on toon and will extract all data from the iverter biy software. No hardware needed anymore.
Wow, this would be great! Looking forward to any updates.
It is available and is called solarPanel and is available in the toonStore
GrandiJoos
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by GrandiJoos »

In the meantime I found it indeed and managed to get it working. Great job, thank you!

Return to “Toon Hardware”