Hardware: Toon boiler module, "ketelmodule"

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Smiggel

Re: Hardware: Toon boiler module, "ketelmodule"

Post by Smiggel »

TheHogNL wrote:
Smiggel wrote:
marcelr wrote:No. factory reset just clears all data from toon, regarding electricity consumption and the likes. OT support has got nothing to do with it.

There is a possibility that you need to try and force Toon to do OT support for quite a few times. For my Nefit, I had to push the button on Toon several times before it decided that OT support was possible after all.
For the exact type, just look at the rear of the module. If you bought your Toon from a trader, module and display may not have belonged together.
I check the device number op the device. It's 6500-1200-4801 according to the sticker on the device.

How do I force it? I don't seem to have the option to do that. I've attached a picture with what I see in the settings page.

Your picture is showing a 'heating' configuration of Toon (like 'stadsverwarming') instead of a boiler configuration. You probably screwed up your settings (i think the scsync file, check it there).
What exactly am I looking for then. Can you tell me that?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

You will be looking for tags related to heating in config_happ_scsync.xml.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Please paste the line from that file (the whole line where StartDate and EndDate is in)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Smiggel

Post by Smiggel »

@marcelr & @TheHogNL I found it! :-)

This line was still in there: <uuid>eneco-xxx-xxxxxx:happ_scsync_xxxxxxxxxx</uuid>. I replaced the numbers by x's. I think it was still a mention of the old contract of the previous owner. I removed that line and then rebooted. Had to adjust some settings again in the config_happ_scsync.xml file and set Toon as activated, etc. and now it's working. It sees the OT now and it's all working perfectly now. :-)

Thanks for helping me out so far.
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

so funny. Eneco say that Toon does not work correctly with ’stadsverwarming’, but more and more Toons are on Warmte.
Smiggel

Post by Smiggel »

mAiden wrote:so funny. Eneco say that Toon does not work correctly with ’stadsverwarming’, but more and more Toons are on Warmte.
I have no idea. This was something of the previous owner I guess. :-)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

mAiden wrote:so funny. Eneco say that Toon does not work correctly with ’stadsverwarming’, but more and more Toons are on Warmte.
The code is still there only they don't provide the option anymore. It is easily being enabled again.
The only thing that changes when you enabled heating is that it disables opentherm (duh, ofcourse) and the ketelmodule output is then fixed at on/off. So you can connect a 12-24v relais to it to switch on or off a 2-way valve for a 'stadverwarming' installation.

The reason that Eneco stopt with this is that they couldn't provide the correct heating usage details (like gas usage for a boiler heater).

Nice fact,.. I'm using the Toon to switch on/off my heatpump. Works just fine. No support whatsoever ofcourse :)
Bammetje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Bammetje »

Smiggel wrote:@marcelr & @TheHogNL I found it! :-)

This line was still in there: <uuid>eneco-xxx-xxxxxx:happ_scsync_xxxxxxxxxx</uuid>. I replaced the numbers by x's. I think it was still a mention of the old contract of the previous owner. I removed that line and then rebooted. Had to adjust some settings again in the config_happ_scsync.xml file and set Toon as activated, etc. and now it's working. It sees the OT now and it's all working perfectly now. :-)

Thanks for helping me out so far.
Hi Smiggel,

I have exactly the same issue where Toon only shows 'warmte'. As soon as I remove the <uuid> line I can set it to opentherm. However, my Toon starts to ask for activation every time. Even though I have <activated> set to 1 in config_happ_scsync.xml. Can you tell me what I'm forgetting to change and how you removed the activation screen?

Hoping to hear from you.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

You can try to (first make a copy) to remove the scsync file and fire up your openvpn. The service center will then create a new scsync file for you, containing no contract whatsoever. Then you can change the dates etc again and hopefully it will work then.
Bammetje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Bammetje »

TheHogNL wrote:You can try to (first make a copy) to remove the scsync file and fire up your openvpn. The service center will then create a new scsync file for you, containing no contract whatsoever. Then you can change the dates etc again and hopefully it will work then.
Thanks! That was spot on. (Actually already did so by accident :)) However for other users: I can confirm that this is the solution for a Toon that is stuck to "Warmte".
Templar

Post by Templar »

marcelr wrote:Please post your questions/tips/remarks related to Eneco's Toon's boiler module here.

grtz,

marcelr
Hi marcelr. Did you decompiled the .bin files fot the ketelmodules or know how to do it? I am curious what data-id's are send through.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Hi Templar,

I never bothered to decompile the firmware binaries for the boiler adapter. AVR studio should be able to do it, the boiler adapter has an ATMega 324 microcontroller at its core IIRC.

hvxl has tabled all OT ID's for toon in his thermostat table. You can find it here: http://otgw.tclcode.com/matrix.cgi#thermostats.
If you are also interested in the timing of each of these ID's (some appear more frequent than others) I can send you a part of a log from my OTGW.
Templar

Post by Templar »

marcelr wrote:Hi Templar,

I never bothered to decompile the firmware binaries for the boiler adapter. AVR studio should be able to do it, the boiler adapter has an ATMega 324 microcontroller at its core IIRC.

hvxl has tabled all OT ID's for toon in his thermostat table. You can find it here: http://otgw.tclcode.com/matrix.cgi#thermostats.
If you are also interested in the timing of each of these ID's (some appear more frequent than others) I can send you a part of a log from my OTGW.
What I want to know: Does the ketelmodule send all the received OT ID's to the Toon module or does it filter the ID's? Or: is the ketelmodule operating in simple back to back mode or not?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

That I can check. Will get back to you later this week.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

I'm having some issues logging the thermostat code output. Will try again this weekend.

Return to “Toon Hardware”