Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TerrorSource, Toonz, TheHogNL

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Postby CrumNL » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:30 pm

Yes, that works. It's just that I didn't yet figure out how to actually use it ;)
The page is empty with regards to values when I've started it. I found an device ID database that says quby is 0001.
When I enter it, and initialize, I get errors and some emtpy value's as shown in the attached screenshot.

Since I don't know what I'm doing, I created a config dir where I put this file since ozwcp complains about no config found
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenZ ... by/qb2.xml)
But that doesn't work so I'll have to educate myself on the topic unless it should work right away when installed ?
Since it doesn't or I need to configure something that I haven't yet, idk.
Attachments
ozwcp.JPG
ozwcp.JPG (85.27 KiB) Viewed 925 times
CrumNL
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: March 2019

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Postby Templar » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:28 pm

TheHogNL wrote:There is a page like http://toon-ip/hdrv_zwave/ But you can't do very much there.

But probably you have just simply a disconnect zwave antenna cable. In the toon 1 there are three antenna's. Two for the wifi and one for zwave. Both wifi antenna's have a black and white wire and are the longest wires. They connect to the pigtail on the wifi add-on chip. The zwave is also black but much shorter wire and connects to the pigtail just next to the jtag/serial pins. Also check the pigtail itself. I have seen some toons where the pigtail came loose from the mainboard.

And finally try to reinstall the zwave controller firmware (firmware-zwave-ctrlr) using opkg.


Hi TheHogNL,

I got an old Toon with firmware 2.6.33 with an older type meteradapter (6500-1200-4700 fw. 25/31). Hadn't been used since 2014. I was able to root the Toon and update to the current firmware 5.18.8. The keteladapter updated from fw 35 to 37. However the meteradapter lost it's connection during the updates, I had to reset (herstel) the adapter in order to connect with it again. But it's firmware is still version 25/31 instead of 35/39. How can I update the meteradapter firmware?
Templar
Member
Member
 
Posts: 149
Joined: March 2011
Location: Netherlands

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Postby TheHogNL » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Templar wrote:
I got an old Toon with firmware 2.6.33 with an older type meteradapter (6500-1200-4700 fw. 25/31). Hadn't been used since 2014. I was able to root the Toon and update to the current firmware 5.18.8. The keteladapter updated from fw 35 to 37. However the meteradapter lost it's connection during the updates, I had to reset (herstel) the adapter in order to connect with it again. But it's firmware is still version 25/31 instead of 35/39. How can I update the meteradapter firmware?


It can't be updated further than that. It an too old meteradapter which lacks some hardware so it can't be used for modern smart meters and not for zonoptoon. Any reason you want to update it? Isn't it working for your smart meter?
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: August 2017

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Postby Templar » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:59 pm

TheHogNL wrote:
Templar wrote:
I got an old Toon with firmware 2.6.33 with an older type meteradapter (6500-1200-4700 fw. 25/31). Hadn't been used since 2014. I was able to root the Toon and update to the current firmware 5.18.8. The keteladapter updated from fw 35 to 37. However the meteradapter lost it's connection during the updates, I had to reset (herstel) the adapter in order to connect with it again. But it's firmware is still version 25/31 instead of 35/39. How can I update the meteradapter firmware?


It can't be updated further than that. It an too old meteradapter which lacks some hardware so it can't be used for modern smart meters and not for zonoptoon. Any reason you want to update it? Isn't it working for your smart meter?


According to this list I found somewhere in these topics, it could get an upgrade to 35/37. Haven't tried using it yet, will do tomorrow when I install this Toon at a friends place. I wanted it fully updated when using the analog meter-readers. But my friend will most likely buy a correct meteradapter on MP which supports DSMR-5.0 because he has a smart meter installed recently.

meter adapter Firmware
PN: Z-wave/LPC *)

6500-1100-3301 14/21
6500-1100-3302
6500-1100-3303

6500-1102-0400 35/37
6500-1102-0401

6500-1200-47xx 35/39
6500-1300-7200

6500-1400-4900 36/43

6500-1400-6000 0.15/0.11
Templar
Member
Member
 
Posts: 149
Joined: March 2011
Location: Netherlands

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Postby TheHogNL » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:06 pm

Owh you could be right. I was just assuming you had an old version :)
If you hit the software button in the toon menu it should also check firmware updates for the meteradapter. But I am not very familiar with that proces yet. Could be that you must have a valid subscription for that, I am not sure.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: August 2017

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Postby TheHogNL » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:19 pm

I hate to not knowing how it works.. so here it goes.

It is all within the toon itself, no servicecenter/VPN/subscription necessary.

Upon hitting software menu button the Toon will check if there is an update for the meteradapter. It then checks the file /qmf/data/firmware_ma/firmwareItems.xml and matches that with your current firmware of the meteradapter. If it is newer, it will update immediatly without user intervention.

You can request if there is an update with this command:
/qmf/bin/bxt -d :hdrv_p1 -s specific1 -n GetFirmwareUpdateStatus

If no update is available it should end with something like <status>0</status>
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: August 2017

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Postby Templar » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:44 pm

TheHogNL wrote:I hate to not knowing how it works.. so here it goes.
If no update is available it should end with something like <status>0</status>


Thanks, /qmf/bin/bxt -d :hdrv_p1 -s specific1 -n GetFirmwareUpdateStatus worked. But the firmware didn't update.. Apparently it is the last version.
Last edited by Templar on Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Templar
Member
Member
 
Posts: 149
Joined: March 2011
Location: Netherlands

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Postby TheHogNL » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:54 am

Templar wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:I hate to not knowing how it works.. so here it goes.
If no update is available it should end with something like <status>0</status>


Thanks, /qmf/bin/bxt -d :hdrv_p1 -s specific1 -n GetFirmwareUpdateStatus worked. But the firmware didn't update.. Apparently it is the last version.

Thanks.


That always works. But you have to look at the last few lines and check that <status> message.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: August 2017

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Postby Templar » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:48 pm

TheHogNL wrote:That always works. But you have to look at the last few lines and check that <status> message.


It reported status 0.
Templar
Member
Member
 
Posts: 149
Joined: March 2011
Location: Netherlands

Previous

Return to Toon Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest