New major firmware release 5.0.4 - UPGRADE AVAILABLE

Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New major firmware release 5.0.4 - UPGRADE AVAILABLE

Post by Toonz »

BrainHunt wrote:I also upgraded last night to 5.04. Had a similar problem like some others that the custom apps didn't show up any more but reinstalling through the ToonStore fixed this.

However I also had some own custom tiles (connected to my Domoticz system) that still don't show. Any thoughts how I can 'register' these again?

Thanks for your help!
You need to change to import statements and icons paths for firmware 5. Run this script to fix that:

Code: Select all

...deleted... wrong script.....
most likely this will fix it.
By the way, this script is also 'builtin' the ToonStore installers to be able to install apps on firmware 4 and firmware 5
member of the Toon Software Collective
newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by newwolf »

Also updated my Toon from the TSC menu, took at least 45 min then I did a reset with the Toon1 reset button.
After that it restarted, but my root access, VPN and custom apps are completely gone.
So now I have to root it first again, not a problem only have find the correct way again :? wasn't working very well last time.
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

newwolf wrote:Also updated my Toon from the TSC menu, took at least 45 min then I did a reset with the Toon1 reset button.
After that it restarted, but my root access, VPN and custom apps are completely gone.
So now I have to root it first again, not a problem only have find the correct way again :? wasn't working very well last time.
Are you sure it's completely gone?
Did Toon get a IP from you're router?
Member of the Toon Software Collective
newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by newwolf »

mAiden wrote: Are you sure it's completely gone?
Did Toon get a IP from you're router?
Yes, because I'm pinging it right now for a new root access (that is not going to work :oops: )
And when I reboot it the ping is gone for 20/30 sec.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

If you reset the toon during an update the so important part of the update script which recovers the root access wil not run.
However 45min is too long so something was not ok.
Do you still have the TSC menu and toonstore etc? If you have the tsc menu you can click 'reset firewall' which will probably give you root access again.
newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by newwolf »

TheHogNL wrote:If you reset the toon during an update the so important part of the update script which recovers the root access wil not run.
However 45min is too long so something was not ok.
Do you still have the TSC menu and toonstore etc? If you have the tsc menu you can click 'reset firewall' which will probably give you root access again.
No there's nothing rootish anymore.
Will try to reroot it again and maybe there is some logging that will tell me what went wrong.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

You will probably only need to get on the serial console (uboot method). Then only need to change the /etc/default/iptables.conf again. This is the only thing wat is overwritten by the update.

The log file you need to post: /mnt/data/update/upgrade-qb2.sh.log
newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by newwolf »

TheHogNL wrote:You will probably only need to get on the serial console (uboot method). Then only need to change the /etc/default/iptables.conf again. This is the only thing wat is overwritten by the update.

The log file you need to post: /mnt/data/update/upgrade-qb2.sh.log
Connecting through serial worked, but it was reacting very strange.
Looked like VNC was trying to force it's password so is reacted with not reacting terminal information.
After rondomly type passwords and known usernames I ended up with would you like to save the vnc passwd?
After that I could login and backup the upgrade log file.
Now it is updating through the update-script locally.
SDeath

Post by SDeath »

I guess I was very lucky I didn't loose root.
Toon1 running firmware 5.33.9 (rooted)
newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by newwolf »

I was very pleased that TheHogNL helped me.
The problem was VNC that was in a loop so it was started 100 times.
He fixed it for me, and it's working again :)

Thanks again TheHogNL
SDeath

Post by SDeath »

newwolf wrote:I was very pleased that TheHogNL helped me.
The problem was VNC that was in a loop so it was started 100 times.
He fixed it for me, and it's working again :)

Thanks again TheHogNL
TheHogNL is a star!
Toon1 running firmware 5.33.9 (rooted)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Ierlandfan wrote:Does someone knows where to find the drawables-base.rcc. I think mines is corrupt (Still from the first update to 5.0.1)
I am missing basics like buttons and all the icons. The good thing, all the TSC icons are showing :-)
5.0.1 has the same resources files as 5.0.4 so after the update to 5.0.4 you didn't get a new one.

Do you need a toon1 or toon2 drawables?
BrainHunt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BrainHunt »

Toonz wrote:
BrainHunt wrote:I also upgraded last night to 5.04. Had a similar problem like some others that the custom apps didn't show up any more but reinstalling through the ToonStore fixed this.

However I also had some own custom tiles (connected to my Domoticz system) that still don't show. Any thoughts how I can 'register' these again?

Thanks for your help!
You need to change to import statements and icons paths for firmware 5. Run this script to fix that:

…. wrong script......
most likely this will fix it.
By the way, this script is also 'builtin' the ToonStore installers to be able to install apps on firmware 4 and firmware 5
Thanks Toonz, but unfortunately that caused more issues. Think the replacement statement should only have been used for my own custom apps. Now the Toonstore and all custom apps are not visible anymore. I reinstalled the correct reource file but that also gives some issues (screen resolution seems off). So will reinstall 5.04 to create a good starting point to start from.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Apologies, I gave you the wrong script.

This one was for changing custom apps on fw5 back to fw4, it should have done the other way round.
If you run the script again with the reverse sed statements it should be fine
Note that you cannot use the Effects module anymore on firmware 5, if you do the app will not show up.

for i in `find /qmf/qml/apps -name "*.qml"` 
do
 sed -i 's/QtQuick 1/QtQuick 2/' $i		#change to QtQuick 2.1
 sed -i '/import Effects 1.0/d' $i		#remove effects module - can break the qml if it uses it
 sed -i 's/"\.\/drawables/"qrc:\/tsc/' $i	#change images location ./drawables/ to qrc:/
 sed -i 's/"drawables/"qrc:\/tsc/' $i		#change images location drawables/ to qrc:/ 
done

member of the Toon Software Collective
BrainHunt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BrainHunt »

Toonz wrote:Apologies, I gave you the wrong script.

This one was for changing custom apps on fw5 back to fw4, it should have done the other way round.
If you run the script again with the reverse sed statements it should be fine
Note that you cannot use the Effects module anymore on firmware 5, if you do the app will not show up.

for i in `find /qmf/qml/apps -name "*.qml"` 
do
 sed -i 's/QtQuick 1/QtQuick 2/' $i		#change to QtQuick 2.1
 sed -i '/import Effects 1.0/d' $i		#remove effects module - can break the qml if it uses it
 sed -i 's/"\.\/drawables/"qrc:\/tsc/' $i	#change images location ./drawables/ to qrc:/
 sed -i 's/"drawables/"qrc:\/tsc/' $i		#change images location drawables/ to qrc:/ 
done

Thanks, appreciate it!

I also figured out what went wrong and adjusted it. But again many thanks for your help!

Return to “Toon Firmware”