Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

TSC resource file 1.5.0 released

Post by TheHogNL »

Hi all,
We have just released TSC resource file version 1.5.0. This includes some changes compared to the previous 1.4.0

- field edit boxes are modified to be compatible with future release from toon eneco firmware (virtual keyboard)
- when you hide the Toon logo in dimmed state, you are now able to display time and/or date instead. This allows you to remove the clock tile and use that file for something else. Font is a little bit smaller so you might choose for this or not
- you can now set the website login password for the toon mobile app, which is available from the toonstore. Later a new version of toon mobile app will use this login credentials
Member of the Toon Software Collective
hansgrave
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: TSC resource file 1.5.0 released

Post by hansgrave »

Nice, time and date in dim state! Thanx.
Homey, rooted Toon 1 and HomeAssistent.
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Thanks for the new TSC 1.5.0
hayman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hayman »

thanks ,for the hard work
MyZ

Post by MyZ »

Nice work!
newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by newwolf »

Nice!!

But is it also possible to add the clock also when it's not dimmed?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

I tried that but it can not be as big as in dimmed mode and it will conflict with the systray on the top right if you have some apps with systray running.
My thought was that while not in dimmed mode you are controlling the toon by hand and don't need to know the current date and time because you are focussing on other apps at that moment.
newwolf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by newwolf »

TheHogNL wrote:I tried that but it can not be as big as in dimmed mode and it will conflict with the systray on the top right if you have some apps with systray running.
My thought was that while not in dimmed mode you are controlling the toon by hand and don't need to know the current date and time because you are focussing on other apps at that moment.
There you have a point only the autist in my isn't ready for that :lol: :lol:
Should be nice if you can fix it and if possible centered on the top. :roll:
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

The instructions for creating a custom app prescribe that a lang subdirectory must be provided. However, the current version of the resource file doesn't load the language files in that directory. I believe the following simple patch will fix that:

Code: Select all

--- Canvas.qml.ORIG	2019-03-30 15:51:30.426456220 +0100
+++ Canvas.qml	2019-03-30 15:59:07.294205272 +0100
@@ -265,6 +265,9 @@

var appUrl = globals.customApps[appIdx] + "/" + globals.customApps[appIdx].charAt(0).toUpperCase() + globals.customApps[appIdx].slice(1) + "App.qml";
 					if (!CanvasJS.loadedApps[appUrl]) {
+						var appLangUrl = "apps/" + globals.customApps[appIdx] + "/lang";
+						console.log("==================================Loading language from " + appLangUrl + "============================");
+						qlanguage.loadLanguagePackage(appLangUrl);
 						console.log("==================================Loading " + globals.customApps[appIdx] + " app============================");
 						var instance = util.loadComponent("file:////qmf/qml/apps/" + appUrl, canvas, {});
 						if (instance) {
Unfortunately I couldn't actually test this, because I don't know how to create a .rcc file.

Another idea: Currently the standard apps get loaded first, followed by the custom apps. Apps are not loaded if an app of the same name already exists. It seems that changing that order around (i.e. loading custom apps first) would allow modifying/replacing standard apps. Or am I overlooking something crucial?
Schelte
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

No one ever bothered to do anything with languages files, until now :-)
Your patch looks ok but I need to check if it is compatible with older firmware (like 4.16.8 ).

Replacing a native app with a custom app could be done by just using another name for the app. Loading the custom apps before the native apps might work (need to look at this) but I fail to see the reason for completly replacing an app.

Creating your own RCC is done using the rcc binary from a QT5 build (https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/rcc.html).
I am using these options to create the modded rcc files:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/bin/rcc --format-version 2 -binary -compress 9 -threshold 0 qrc/resources-static-base.qrc -o /tmp/resources-static-base.rcc
Format-version 2 is for 5.0.4 and further. Older firmware must use version 1. Threshold and compress is just to make it smaller.
The QRC file is the file which contains all links towards the qml files (example, one line from the file looks like this: <file alias="qb/stage/DateTime.qml">/home/toon/tsc/tscSettings/DateTime.qml</file>)

Return to “Toon Firmware”