maximum setpoint

Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

knug2
Starting Member
Starting Member

maximum setpoint

Post by knug2 »

I would like to install a (rooted)Toon in a glass house to regulate the temperature. However the maximum setpoint of Toon is limited at 30 degrees, which is too low for this glasshouse. Is it possible to change the maximum setpoint ( @ for example 40 degrees) of a rooted Toon? And how/where can i change these settings?

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: maximum setpoint

Post by Toonz »

you cannot change this yourself. The min and max values (6 degrees and 30 degree currently) are hardcoded in the file ThermostatSidePanel.qml within a so called resourcefile.
I could create a special resourcefile for you but that change wil be reversed when you upgrade the firmware.
If you want to go that route just let me know if you have a Toon 1 or a Toon 2 and which firmware you are running.

Another (better) longer term option is for us (TSC developers)to make these values configurable in the TSC menu in a future version of our resourcefiles.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
PeJeWe

Post by PeJeWe »

Toonz wrote:you cannot change this yourself. The min and max values (6 degrees and 30 degree currently) are hardcoded in the file ThermostatSidePanel.qml within a so called resourcefile.
I could create a special resourcefile for you but that change wil be reversed when you upgrade the firmware.
If you want to go that route just let me know if you have a Toon 1 or a Toon 2 and which firmware you are running.

Another (better) longer term option is for us (TSC developers)to make these values configurable in the TSC menu in a future version of our resourcefiles.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Can the toon handle that kind of temps, like the internal hardware and how about the humidity
Rooted Toon 1, Domoticz running on a RPI3b+, RFXCOM XL, RFLINK.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

PeJeWe wrote:Can the toon handle that kind of temps, like the internal hardware and how about the humidity
A rooted Toon will at least display the humidity properly.
Regarding the temperature, that's not an issue, just that the temperature readings are most correct around 21 degrees.
The deviation will be a bit higher for much higher or lower temperatures, but nothing stopping you from using Toon in a greenhouse.
knug2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by knug2 »

Hi Toonz,

Thanks for your fast reply! Would be nice if you can share the resourcefile, indeed better if this is an 'user' adaptable setting in the future :). I've looked into the : config_happ_thermstat.xml file but could only find the maxheatertemp @ 90 degrees. Is there a possibility to edit the resource files myself?

In this case it's a rooted Toon 1.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

what is your current firmware version? Resource files are different for each firmware version.

You cannot change the resourcefile yourself but happy to make one for you
knug2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by knug2 »

Hi Toonz,

Thanks for your kind reply :)! I've fixxed something else in the meantime, but it would be very nice if this( configurable max/min temp ) could be implemented in the TSC firmware for future use.

Thanks!

Return to “Toon Firmware”