Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Firmware 5.33.100 rooting

Post by TheHogNL »

timkoers wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:
timkoers wrote:Do you have an Toon you can measure the LED voltage of, so I can try to see if the screen itself works or if it's just the LED?
Just looked at a toon I have but there are no real clue's which of the pins of the 40 (or so) ribbon cable are for powering the leds.
Just a FYI, since the problem is already fixed; if you look up the large ribbon cable, there should be a soldering point, on which a tiny 2 lane ribbon cable is attached to. The soldering points are marked with LED- and LED+. They are underneath kapton tape however.
Check!
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

timkoers wrote:I feel so freaking stupid. The RESET button got stuck on the side of the case, thus holding the Toon into it's reset state, not activating the screen.

Thanks everyone. I'll test the firmware and the root and get back to you
But that would also not give any serial output. Holding reset will keep the toon turned off so no serial output
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Dont want to be very negative but you might be better off letting the Toon fix for you by an expert or someone more familiar with the Toon and its components.
This topic looks like a never-ending story. fix one thing, creates a 2nd problem.
timkoers

Post by timkoers »

TheHogNL wrote:
timkoers wrote:I feel so freaking stupid. The RESET button got stuck on the side of the case, thus holding the Toon into it's reset state, not activating the screen.

Thanks everyone. I'll test the firmware and the root and get back to you
But that would also not give any serial output. Holding reset will keep the toon turned off so no serial output
I didn't check the serial at that given time.
TerrorSource wrote:Dont want to be very negative but you might be better off letting the Toon fix for you by an expert or someone more familiar with the Toon and its components.
This topic looks like a never-ending story. fix one thing, creates a 2nd problem.
That indeed is a lesson that I've learned from the past, but it is not the case right now.
The Toon functions and screen fine without the reset button being pressed.

I've still got a happy customer in the end

Return to “Toon Firmware”