Switching “vloerverwarming pomp” using domoticz and toon

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Jjhendrickx
Starting Member
Starting Member

Switching “vloerverwarming pomp” using domoticz and toon

Post by Jjhendrickx »

Dear forum-members,

After reading this excellent forum, I have a question before I start from scratch :) .

I would like to turn on my “vloerverwarming pomp”/underfloor heating pump, using domoticz and toon. I have a working domoticz installation, and an normal Toon, without subscription. I would like to root-toon, and then using a domoticz script to controlle a Z-wave switch on the pump.

Is there a variable that is avaible in domoticz/rooted-toon, to check if the CV is heating? Or is it easiest way, check if the requested temperature>room temperature?

Kind regards,
Jan-Jaap

Ps. I know a “pompschakelaar” is probably easier, cheaper and faster, but not as nice :D
Rudolf

Re: Switching “vloerverwarming pomp” using domoticz and toon

Post by Rudolf »

I think the boiler-status app provides some stats from the boiler/OpenTherm; i.e. you could check the modulation level to see if it's heating.
Both current room-temperature and setpoint are available too.

Like this:
{"sampleTime":"18-06-2018 11:03:00","boilerSetpoint":0,"roomTempSetpoint":12,"boilerPressure":0,"roomTemp":24.29,"boilerOutTemp":0,"boilerInTemp":0,"boilerModulationLevel":0}
My Toon is not connected to the boiler, so the values don't make sense. (still testing in the attic...)

Domoticz-scripts can parse these values and act accordingly.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Rudolf wrote:I think the boiler-status app provides some stats from the boiler/OpenTherm; i.e. you could check the modulation level to see if it's heating.
Both current room-temperature and setpoint are available too.

Like this:
{"sampleTime":"18-06-2018 11:03:00","boilerSetpoint":0,"roomTempSetpoint":12,"boilerPressure":0,"roomTemp":24.29,"boilerOutTemp":0,"boilerInTemp":0,"boilerModulationLevel":0}
My Toon is not connected to the boiler, so the values don't make sense. (still testing in the attic...)

Domoticz-scripts can parse these values and act accordingly.
I'm exactly doing this right now to turn on and off my heatpump. Each 10 seconds I read those values http://toon-ip:10080/happ_thermstat?act ... mostatInfo and when the burnerInfo is 1 my domoticz is switching on the heatpump. You can use that to turn on your zwave switch to turn on the pump.

Also, in newer versions Quby/Eneco is building Z-wave smart thermostat radiator valve support. Maybe this is something you can use when they have finished this
Member of the Toon Software Collective
georon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by georon »

I just finished the dzVents code to switch my floor heating pump.
You can find it at https://github.com/Geo-Ron/dzVents

No support however :)

the script dzToon controls my Toon <-> Domoticz
On of the switches is the heating state.

the script dzPompVloerverwarming gets triggered by that switch and starts/stops the pump.
Also the pump will start for 2 seconds every hour to prevent it from getting stuck.
madpatrick

Post by madpatrick »

georon wrote:I just finished the dzVents code to switch my floor heating pump.
You can find it at https://github.com/Geo-Ron/dzVents

No support however :)

the script dzToon controls my Toon <-> Domoticz
On of the switches is the heating state.

the script dzPompVloerverwarming gets triggered by that switch and starts/stops the pump.
Also the pump will start for 2 seconds every hour to prevent it from getting stuck.
Nice !!

Normal pumpswitches turns on the pump at fixed temperature (38°C).
This should also be possible with a script. Maybe an option to add.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

madpatrick wrote: Normal pumpswitches turns on the pump at fixed temperature (38°C).
This should also be possible with a script. Maybe an option to add.
That is not what he needs. He want to have the pump not running even when the boiler is heating. So that upstairs the radiators can get warm without the floor downstairs is heating (when downstairs is warm enough).
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Fietspomp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Fietspomp »

I have done the same but with Home Assistant (Which I like more than Domoticz).
From the boiler status I use the boiler set temp to switch on/off my vloerverwarming pump using plugwise.
Plugwise is of course controlled from Home Assistant via MQTT and the boiler status is a sensor in Home Assistant. Works perfect!

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”