warmwater on toon

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: warmwater on toon

Post by TheHogNL »

glsf91 wrote:
Update succeeded and indeed visible now. Thanks.

Small question: what is Lock TSC settings?
And if I change something in qmf_release.xml do I have to reboot or just restart GUI?
It locks the TSC settings with a pin code you define so no other can change the TSC settings anymore.

qmf_release.xml requires a reload on a few processes (GUI isn't enough). But a reboot is the easiest way.
Curious what you want to change their?
Member of the Toon Software Collective
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

TheHogNL wrote:
glsf91 wrote:
Update succeeded and indeed visible now. Thanks.

Small question: what is Lock TSC settings?
And if I change something in qmf_release.xml do I have to reboot or just restart GUI?
It locks the TSC settings with a pin code you define so no other can change the TSC settings anymore.

qmf_release.xml requires a reload on a few processes (GUI isn't enough). But a reboot is the easiest way.
Curious what you want to change their?

I have changed to this: <maxPreheatTime>120</maxPreheatTime>
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

glsf91 wrote:
Ok yes that could be useful in some cases. For example with floor heating and you want a lower temperature for the night (for example 16 degrees). This setting wil now allow the Toon to start the boiler two hours before start of the day to get the room temperature on the requested temperture for that day start.
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

TheHogNL wrote:
glsf91 wrote:
Ok yes that could be useful in some cases. For example with floor heating and you want a lower temperature for the night (for example 16 degrees). This setting wil now allow the Toon to start the boiler two hours before start of the day to get the room temperature on the requested temperture for that day start.
Yes, I don't have floor heating but before it started with heating more hours then I wishes. I also saw the value was now 360. A time ago it was 180.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

glsf91 wrote: Yes, I don't have floor heating but before it started with heating more hours then I wishes. I also saw the value was now 360. A time ago it was 180.
Hey you are right! At my toon (5.13.12) it is now 360 also making it a 6 hours preheat possible! That is huge. Then again, if the algoritmes in the Toon are working correctly, it will only use this 6 hours if it needs it to get the temperature right on time. As I don't use nightly temperature lowering I haven't seen any long preheat behaviour. But would like to hear from others if they do.
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

Will keep an eye on this when it is cold enough outside .. Now Toon did not heat early ..
I have a night reduction of 15 degrees, when it freezes outside at night, the temperature in my living room drops to a maximum of 16 degrees.
In the morning, Toon will have to pre-heat from 16 degrees to 19 degrees.

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”