Toon as Domotica screen

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon as Domotica screen

Post by TheHogNL »

Never just copy a scsync file from another toon. That just doesn't work that way.

Best option it to go 'factory reset' your toon. When selection country press the globe 5 times. This will show another 'country', Quby Toon (or something like that). If you choose that you have all the options available in the next wizard where you config the toon (like smart radiator valves and the no heating support).

Factory reset will not break your root access.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

TheHogNL wrote:Never just copy a scsync file from another toon. That just doesn't work that way.

Best option it to go 'factory reset' your toon. When selection country press the globe 5 times. This will show another 'country', Quby Toon (or something like that). If you choose that you have all the options available in the next wizard where you config the toon (like smart radiator valves and the no heating support).

Ok so I just did the factory reset, pressed the Globe 5 times and choose "Quby Toon".
Toon rebooted and installed again, but nowhere the option to disable the thermostat module...

The config_happ_scsync.xml file is now:

Code: Select all

<Config packageRevision="455">
  <sysConfig>
   <locale>nl_NL</locale>
   <timezone>Europe/Amsterdam</timezone>
   <currency>EUR</currency></sysConfig>
    <device>
     <package>happ_scsync</package>
     <uuid>REMOVED</uuid>
     <type>agreementDetail</type>
     <internalAddress>agreementDetail</internalAddress>
     <visibility>0</visibility><StartDate>0</StartDate><EndDate>-1</EndDate><ProductVariant>Toon</ProductVariant><activated>1</activated><wizardDone>1</wizardDone><ElectricityDisplay>0</ElectricityDisplay><GasDisplay>0</GasDisplay><HeatDisplay>0</HeatDisplay><SolarDisplay>0</SolarDisplay><SolarActivated>0</SolarActivated><OtherProviderElec>0</OtherProviderElec><OtherProviderGas>0</OtherProviderGas><SME>0</SME><HeatWinner>0</HeatWinner><mobileAccess>1</mobileAccess><supportEnabled>0</supportEnabled><supportEnabledStart>0</supportEnabledStart><researchEnabled>0</researchEnabled><doSolarWhatsnew>0</doSolarWhatsnew><latestWhatsnewVersion>qt-gui - 1.9799-1-g7f14c-cth-2111-change-factory-</latestWhatsnewVersion><statusUsageFirstUse>0</statusUsageFirstUse><scStatusFlags>0</scStatusFlags><commissionState>1</commissionState><features></features><featureInputs></featureInputs></device>
    <device>
     <serial_number>REMOVED</serial_number>
     <device_type>Display</device_type>
     <device_model>6500-1200-4901</device_model>
     <hardware_version>6500-1200-4901</hardware_version>
     <manufacturer>Prodrive</manufacturer>
     <devicePackage>hcb_config</devicePackage>
     <uuid>REMOVED</uuid>
     <type>deviceInfo</type>
     <name>deviceInfo</name>
     <internalAddress>hcb_config</internalAddress>
     <visibility>1</visibility></device>
    <device>
     <serial_number>REMOVED</serial_number>
     <device_type>BoilerAdapter</device_type>
     <device_model>6599-1500-0300</device_model>
     <hardware_version>6599-1500-0300</hardware_version>
     <devicePackage>happ_thermstat</devicePackage>
     <uuid>REMOVED</uuid>
     <type>deviceInfo</type>
     <name>deviceInfo</name>
     <internalAddress>16-14-010-165</internalAddress>
     <visibility>1</visibility></device></Config>
Toon2 with 6.0.2 firmware TSC 2.1.7
Apps: Sonos, Calender, garbagecalender, webcam, doorcam, Onkyo, Domoticzboard, Solar and weather app.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Xavier wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:Never just copy a scsync file from another toon. That just doesn't work that way.

Ok so I just did the factory reset, pressed the Globe 5 times and choose "Quby Toon".
Toon rebooted and installed again, but nowhere the option to disable the thermostat module...
After choosing quby toon, didn't you see the new toon config wizard? Try the factory reset again, it should show that wizard. Maybe select 'remove my connected module' also while choosing factory reset.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

TheHogNL wrote:
Xavier wrote:

After choosing quby toon, didn't you see the new toon config wizard? Try the factory reset again, it should show that wizard. Maybe select 'remove my connected module' also while choosing factory reset.
ahh I think we talk past each other (langs elkaar praten), I tought the factory reset was necessary to remove the thermostat module and you are talking about how to remove connected modules :lol:

I managed to remove/disconnect the module.

But for now I just want to remove the thermostat module on the mainscreen of Toon so that temparature can't be managed.
So the "<feature>noHeating</feature>" feature :D
Apps: Sonos, Calender, garbagecalender, webcam, doorcam, Onkyo, Domoticzboard, Solar and weather app.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Xavier wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:
Xavier wrote:
ahh I think we talk past each other (langs elkaar praten), I tought the factory reset was necessary to remove the thermostat module and you are talking about how to remove connected modules :lol:

I managed to remove/disconnect the module.

But for now I just want to remove the thermostat module on the mainscreen of Toon so that temparature can't be managed.
So the "<feature>noHeating</feature>" feature :D
No that is exactly what I mean :) using the factory reset is the normal way to get the noHeating feature.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

ah in that case it didn't work :roll:
But uhmmm in the case of factory reset, I now have the Toon connected thru the Thermostat module for power supply, do I only need to connect the power without the thermostat module in that case?

Ok, that did the trick, I removed the thermostat module and attached the power supply directly to Toon.
The thermostat module on Toon is now gone and I can see 6 tiles.

Thanks for all the support!
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Xavier wrote:ah in that case it didn't work :roll:
But uhmmm in the case of factory reset, I now have the Toon connected thru the Thermostat module for power supply, do I only need to connect the power without the thermostat module in that case?

Ok, that did the trick, I removed the thermostat module and attached the power supply directly to Toon.
The thermostat module on Toon is now gone and I can see 6 tiles.

Thanks for all the support!
Ok. With the module still connected it should work also .. but ok you :)
Arcidodo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Arcidodo »

is it possible to dimm/active the screen remotely? like you set the toon on sleep or home mode?
Arcidodo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Arcidodo »

I created a simple app do do it for me, and used the function "screenStateController" and now i can control it using HomeAssistant.

app:
https://github.com/arcidodo/ScreenState

screenStateController.forceTestScreenState("3"); // Screen ON *black/white mode
screenStateController.forceTestScreenState("4"); // Screen OFF
bosf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bosf »

My config_happ_scsync.xml did not contain a '<features> .. </features> section. After turning off 'Zon op Toon', reboot, and turning it on again, this line was there at the very bottom of the file. Then I inserted the <feature>noHeating</feature>. Saved the file. After reboot (shutdown -r now) the heating part was gone.

It looks very nice. There are now 6 tiles on the display.
Now i use the Toon as a display for energy consumption and output of my solar panels with the 'Solar Panel' app.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

So picking up an old item.
I would like to restore the thermostat feature.
No in the /qmf/config/config_happ_scync.xml I have feature noheating.
If I want it back, should it say <feature>heating</feature> or do I remove the entire "line"/ Feature?

And second...is this the same on Toon2 to disbale thermostat feature with noHeating? Also in config_happ_scync.xml?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Remove <feature> and </feature> as well. Fot toon 2 it is the same.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

I tried on Toon2 to adjust the file /qmf/config/config_happ_scsync.xml.
This is what I have:

<Config packageRevision="253">
  <sysConfig>
   <locale>nl_BE</locale>
   <timezone>Europe/Amsterdam</timezone>
   <currency>EUR</currency></sysConfig>
    <device>
     <uuid>HIDDEN</uuid>
     <type>agreementDetail</type>
     <internalAddress>agreementDetail</internalAddress>
     <visibility>0</visibility><StartDate>0</StartDate><EndDate>-1</EndDate><ProductVariant>Toon</ProductVariant><activated>1</activated><wizardDone>1</wizardDone><SoftwareUpdates>1</SoftwareUpdates><BoilerManagement activated="0">0</BoilerManagement><ElectricityDisplay>1</ElectricityDisplay><GasDisplay>1</GasDisplay><HeatDisplay>0</HeatDisplay><SolarDisplay>0</SolarDisplay><SolarActivated>0</SolarActivated><OtherProviderElec>0</OtherProviderElec><OtherProviderGas>0</OtherProviderGas><SME>0</SME><HeatWinner>0</HeatWinner><ContentApps>0</ContentApps><TelmiEnabled>0</TelmiEnabled><mobileAccess>1</mobileAccess><supportEnabled>1</supportEnabled><supportEnabledStart>HIDDEN</supportEnabledStart><researchEnabled>0</researchEnabled><doSolarWhatsnew>0</doSolarWhatsnew><latestWhatsnewVersion>qt-gui - 1.9873-master</latestWhatsnewVersion><statusUsageFirstUse>0</statusUsageFirstUse><scStatusFlags>4</scStatusFlags><commissionState>4</commissionState><features><feature>noHeating</feature></features></device>
    <device>
     <serial_number>HIDDEN</serial_number>
     <device_type>Display</device_type>
     <device_model>HIDDEN</device_model>
     <hardware_version>HIDDEN</hardware_version>
     <sw_version>nxt/ene/4.9.124</sw_version>
     <devicePackage>hcb_config</devicePackage>
     <uuid>HIDDEN</uuid>
     <type>deviceInfo</type>
     <name>deviceInfo</name>
     <internalAddress>hcb_config</internalAddress>
     <visibility>1</visibility></device>
    <device>
     <serial_number>HIDDEN</serial_number>
     <device_type>BoilerAdapter</device_type>
     <device_model>HIDDEN</device_model>
     <hardware_version>HIDDEN</hardware_version>
     <sw_version>37</sw_version>
     <devicePackage>happ_thermstat</devicePackage>
     <uuid>HIDDEN</uuid>
     <type>deviceInfo</type>
     <name>deviceInfo</name>
     <internalAddress>HIDDEN</internalAddress>
     <visibility>1</visibility></device></Config>
Adding <features> and </features> did the trick.
Entire code is:

<features><feature>noHeating</feature></features
After that power cycle Toon2.
Thermostat should be gone now.
Last edited by Xavier on Mon May 16, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Is still see the noheating feature in the code you have send (at the end of the long line). Remove, save and reboot.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

@oepie-loepi, that was to enable heating feature on old toon1.

I have a new second Toon2, and there I want to disable the heating feature.
But now I succceeded, adding ",features></features>" makes it work.

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”