Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Tebogo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon App: Water

Post by Tebogo »

I have the new firmware working, but:
When I use water it works like it should do.
But slowly the count goes up without water use and no pulses from the sensor.
How can this be explained.

I use a Wemos, sensor connected on D1, version 1.2.0.
Tried 500 and 2000 for demping. No difference…

Thanks!
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Could you please try pin D2? Also check your wiring and sensor placement. The pulse is triggered falling edge. So it first must be high and get low. Do you use the 5v version of the sensor? Did it work better on the previous version?

I changed the version to 1.3.3 github.com/oepi-loepi/water_ESP_part/re ... 1_mini.bin
it should solve the update issue
Last edited by oepi-loepi on Sat May 15, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
mogwai
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mogwai »

Still no luck with updating via the GUI, also not with the new 1.3.2 version. After selecting the file and pressing "Update Firmware" nothing happens.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

mogwai wrote:Still no luck with updating via the GUI, also not with the new 1.3.2 version. After selecting the file and pressing "Update Firmware" nothing happens.
You are using the wemos version? What version are you on now? It takes ab. 20 seconds to upload before the succes message will show.
mogwai
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mogwai »

oepi-loepi wrote:
mogwai wrote:Still no luck with updating via the GUI, also not with the new 1.3.2 version. After selecting the file and pressing "Update Firmware" nothing happens.
You are using the wemos version? What version are you on now? It takes ab. 20 seconds to upload before the succes message will show.
I'm on version 1.1.11. Even after waiting for 1 minute nothing happens....
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

mogwai wrote:
oepi-loepi wrote:
I'm on version 1.1.11. Even after waiting for 1 minute nothing happens....
Strange, maybe firewall related or something. In that case you can use the usb option.
Edgar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Edgar »

Update works without problems by using the update button. Tested in Safari and Firefox, both on Mac.
Tebogo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tebogo »

oepi-loepi wrote:Could you please try pin D2? Also check your wiring and sensor placement. The pulse is triggered falling edge. So it first must be high and get low. Do you use the 5v version of the sensor? Did it work better on the previous version?

I changed the version to 1.3.3 github.com/oepi-loepi/water_ESP_part/re ... 1_mini.bin
Solved the automatic upgoing waterquantity, probably again a faulty connection. Now it works fine, only when using water.
But now I need to calibrate. It’s measuring more water than the watermeter is saying.

Should I go from 500 to 2000 in steps of 100? Thanks for you help
Tebogo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tebogo »

oepi-loepi wrote:Could you please try pin D2? Also check your wiring and sensor placement. The pulse is triggered falling edge. So it first must be high and get low. Do you use the 5v version of the sensor? Did it work better on the previous version?

Update from 1.2.0. to 1.3.3. work perfectly!
Arnout2000

Post by Arnout2000 »

Successfully updated to 1.3.3 using Safari on iPad.
Is it correct that since the last versions the blue led on Wemos is switched off?
Last edited by Arnout2000 on Sat May 15, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Tebogo wrote:

Solved the automatic upgoing waterquantity, probably again a faulty connection. Now it works fine, only when using water.
But now I need to calibrate. It’s measuring more water than the watermeter is saying.

Should I go from 500 to 2000 in steps of 100? Thanks for you help
You should take a good look at the cable and at the sensor position. Also, did you sand a bit of the tip form the sensor? It looks like your sensor is not stabel. Each turn of the metal plate of the meter will let the led of the sensor go on. When it is switched off again, the pulse is counted for. If you see too many pulses, position the sensor more "out-center", increase the damping to 1000, take a bit of the blue tip from the sensor or fix the sensor better
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Arnout2000 wrote:Successfully updated to 1.3.3 using Safari op iPad.
Is it correct that since the last versions the blue led on Wemos is switched off?
Yes, the led is switches off but is blinking when it is in AutoCaoonetAP mode and it flashes shortly when a pulse from the sensor is received. (same as the module do which i sell at Marktplaats).
Edgar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Edgar »

Arnout2000 wrote: Is it correct that since the last versions the blue led on Wemos is switched off?
It only blinks when you use water after the red led on the sensor noticed you have used another liter of water :mrgreen:
Arnout2000

Post by Arnout2000 »

In the older version it was constantly On showing that it was connected to Wi-Fi. (Was my impression)
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Arnout2000 wrote:In the older version it was constantly On showing that it was connected to Wi-Fi. (Was my impression)
It is normally on when powered on but i now made use of it to show some status (wifi status, blinking when no network connection and pulse status, short blink when a puls has been received)

Return to “Toon Apps”