Toon app: Afvalwijzer

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: Afvalwijzer

Post by Toonz »

tripper1 wrote:In my environment ROVA Afvalkalender.htm is the references, so I copied the htm file to the /root/waste location, however the app is popping up with a white screen with no information. It looks like that the app could not access or find the Afval Kalender.htm
ROVA did change the default name of the saved file. The app is expecting : /root/waste/ROVA Afvalkalender.htm
However, when you save the file it proposes the name ROVA Inzamelkalender.htm.
Is this your issue? If so, just rename the file in /root/waste and you are good to go (note the filename and path are case sensitive)
member of the Toon Software Collective
menno000
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by menno000 »

Ik zit bij Acv postcode 6866AB
Ik krijg dit niet werkend in de Afvalwijzer, iemand ideeën?
https://acv-afvalkalender.nl/
tripper1
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tripper1 »

I just downloaded again the ROVA Inzamelkalender.htm, renamed it to ROVA Afvalkalender.htm, copied the file to the /root/waste directory.
Opened the Waste App, went to instellen, changed the info so that Afvalverwker = 14, pushed opslaan, The screen appears with "Bezig met ophalen gegevens(>10 seconden), after around 10 seconds the message disappear and a blank white screen is the result. No info on the screen except the heading "Komende afval ophaaldagen". No error message or whatever that indicates what went wrong. When I click on the ROVA Afvalkalender.htm in a Windows 10 environment, my afval data is in the screen, so the htm file looks OK. But the data will not displayed, or the app could not open / find or access the htm file.

I am relative new in the Toon environment but following the info in this forum it looks that everything is Ok. All the other Apps (buienradar, regenradar, kalender, file info, etc. is working fine so that point me to the fact that opening the ROVA Afvalkalender.htm is the issue.

Do you have any other idea, what could be this issue.
tripper1
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tripper1 »

I have solved the problem. When I started I created the ROVA Afvalkalender.htm in Firefox. Now trying to figure out the problem I have created the ROVA Afvalkalender.htm in Internet Explorer 11. That htm file was much smaller in size than the Firefox file. I uploaded the Internet Explorer ROVA Afvalkalender.htm file and now it works. Some where there are differences in how browsers are saving a webpage.

Thanks for your help.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Good to hear, my next question would indeed have been to ask which browser you are using......
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

Toonz wrote:Nice find, thx...
I also tried my change (removing conselog lines in Afvalalert) on a Toon on 5.04. But looks like it is still not working. Maybe of .qmlc files?
I see also .qmlc files. Can you tell me what this is?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Qmlc are compiled runtime files to improve performance. When you delete the qmlc and jsc files these will be created again at next gui restart
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

Toonz wrote:Qmlc are compiled runtime files to improve performance. When you delete the qmlc and jsc files these will be created again at next gui restart
Thanks.
It was also not working on another Toon because of this:
Toonz wrote:
Toonz wrote:
glsf91 wrote:I see that provider 15 is not working anymore. The url is still the same, example: https://www.afvalalert.nl/kalender/8501ZJ/33.
If you extract the file from the attached zip file and copy the file DSTRootCaX3.pem to your toon in the /etc/ssl/certs folder (might need a reboot to become effective, not sure) it should be fine again.
I will include this certificate in future releases as well.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Can you add this indeed to the next release ?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

I just published version 4.20 (small maintenance release). No need to upgrade if the app is working fine currently.
Changelog version 4.20:
- added the ssl certificate for alvalalert.nl
- code maintenance: removed all console.log statements. Replaced excessive spaces by tabs.
- added waste category for mijnafvalwijzer.nl
- removed dependencies on wget and cron. These apps will not be installed automatically anymore.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
RobbieT
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RobbieT »

Perhaps i'm missing something but how do I get it to work that the icons are showing on the dim screen? (I have the "afvalwijzer" tile on the first screen).
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Toonz wrote:Hi all,

I just published version 4.20 (small maintenance release). No need to upgrade if the app is working fine currently.
Changelog version 4.20:
- added the ssl certificate for alvalalert.nl
- code maintenance: removed all console.log statements. Replaced excessive spaces by tabs.
- added waste category for mijnafvalwijzer.nl
- removed dependencies on wget and cron. These apps will not be installed automatically anymore.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Sorry for the delay but 4.20 is now really available in ToonStore with one more addition:
- provider 22 (afvalstoffendienst.nl) working again, enter zip code/housenr in config screen

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

RobbieT wrote:Perhaps i'm missing something but how do I get it to work that the icons are showing on the dim screen? (I have the "afvalwijzer" tile on the first screen).
Icons should show from 18:01 onwards on the day before the actual waste collection date in dim state (to hint you to put the garbage outside)
Icons for waste categories to be collected today will disappear at 18:01 (as they should have been collected by now)
If no waste to be collected in that timeframe the tile stays empty in dim state.

As it is a 'waste' of a tile position alternatively you can show the waste icons in the thermostatpanel, freeing up the tile position.
Enable this by flipping the switch at 'Afvalicons tonen in thermostaatpanel' in the config screen.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
RobbieT
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RobbieT »

Toonz wrote:
RobbieT wrote:Perhaps i'm missing something but how do I get it to work that the icons are showing on the dim screen? (I have the "afvalwijzer" tile on the first screen).
Icons should show from 18:01 onwards on the day before the actual waste collection date in dim state (to hint you to put the garbage outside)
Icons for waste categories to be collected today will disappear at 18:01 (as they should have been collected by now)
If no waste to be collected in that timeframe the tile stays empty in dim state.

As it is a 'waste' of a tile position alternatively you can show the waste icons in the thermostatpanel, freeing up the tile position.
Enable this by flipping the switch at 'Afvalicons tonen in thermostaatpanel' in the config screen.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Well the strange part was that the icons weren't showing at all in the dim state. Yesterday i've updated to firmware 5.2.11? and because something went wrong I had to do an update-rooted forcing to the new firmware and reinstall the gui. After that the icons are showing. problem solved :-)
tripper1
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tripper1 »

For everybody in the ROVA domain of waste calandars.

This week I figured out that the ROVA has again changed the name and format of their ROVA Inzamelkalender. When I saved the ROVA inzamelkalender as complete page in InternetExplorer 11, I saw that the name and format has been changed again.

The current name is 'ROVA Inzamelkalender_xhtml'.

So they changed the name as wel as the format, compared to the name and html format of last week. Xhtml is not the same as html.
Renaming the ROVA Inzamelkalender_xhtml to ROVA Afvalkalender and copying to Toon results in a white screen without any info. This file could not be read by Toon's Afvalwijzer at this moment.

So I downloaded my personal ROVA Inzamelkalender as pdf and manually put all the wastecollection data for 2019, with the type of waste in the text file called 'extraDates.txt' with Notepad as earlier described in this forum.

Copying the extraDates.txt file to the ///root/waste directory and changing the waste configuration so that the extra bestand function is referring to that file. 'File:///root/waste/extraDates.txt' without the quotes, is the referring info. Setting the number for wastecollectors at 0 and now all dates are popping up well and the waste icons I created myself are showing on the Toon screen.

This works great.
MyZ

Post by MyZ »

Toonz wrote:Don't worry, it is not a bug, it is just a not yet implemented function :-).
Around midnight the status is being reset indeed, but I am pretty sure this was also the case with previous firmwares.

Could it be that you were running a very old version of the afvalwijzer app? When upgrading to 5.0.4 all installed apps have been refreshed to the latest version automatically to ensure compatibility with firmware 5.

I will see if I can fix it in the next release.
Hi Toonz, is this still anywhere on your roadmap?

Return to “Toon Apps”