Toon app: Afvalwijzer

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: waste collection (Afvalwijzer)

Post by Toonz »

DennisD wrote:Since i live in a small village, and don't use a big company with calendars. I was wondering if it would be possible to use the google calendar for this?
don't think so, alternatively you can edit a text file with all dates going forward.
This file is currently stored in the /var/volatile/tmp folder which is cleared after a reboot (so keep a copy ;-) ).
Would that be acceptable?
In the WasteCollectionApp.qml change the property wasteCollector to a non-existing one (e.g. :"manual")

Sample file:
wasteDates.zip
(469 Bytes) Downloaded 412 times
lines are split by <LF>
codes after the dates:
0 : "Restafval";
1 : "Plastic/Metaal/Drankpakken";
2 : "Papier/karton";
3 : "Groente/Fruit/Tuinafval";
4 : "Snoeiafval";

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
DennisD
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by DennisD »

More than, awesome. Thanks
martjah
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by martjah »

Toonz wrote:Will have a look after I return from my holidays....
Hey Toonz, do you have any idea when you have time for this?
I changed some more settings in your program but i cannot get it working.

thnx
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Haven 't forgotten you. But have been fully focusing on a new exciting Toon app with others lately (watch this forum). Will give this request some priority coming days.
Edit: 19/8 cranendonck.nl added. Now repackaging the app for distribution via ToonStore (one issue to solve there)
ronalddehaan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ronalddehaan »

Hi, is it possible to add support for https://www.afvalinfo.nl ?
Hope so because I would really like to have this info available on my Toon :D
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

ronalddehaan wrote:Hi, is it possible to add support for https://www.afvalinfo.nl ?
Hi, afvalinfo.nl is just a portal for different waste companies.
I do need your zipcode to assess whether support can be added via the waste company in your city.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

Hi Toonz,

Can you please cross the border to Belgium ... we have also some waste to be collected :)

http://www.iok.be/ophaalkalender/default.aspx
e.g. city: Mol, street:Volmolenbaan
you will get data in iCal format and RSS format
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

makkie2002 wrote:Hi Toonz,

Can you please cross the border to Belgium ... we have also some waste to be collected :)

http://www.iok.be/ophaalkalender/default.aspx
e.g. city: Mol, street:Volmolenbaan
you will get data in iCal format and RSS format
More then happy to serve our neighbours :) .
Two comments:
1. the website is using the POST method to enter city and street. This is currently not supported by Toon as it lacks full browser functionality.
the good News is that the resulting link to the calendar has a fixed url for your street in the form of "http://www.iok.be/afvalkalender.ics?st= ... =2400&z=-1"
I need to change the config screen to allow you to enter the values for the ST and PC variables.
2. You seem to be much more advanced in waste collection then we are. I noticed new categories Textiel, KGA (klein gevaarlijk afval) and SP (Steen/puin) for which I need to create icons.

Question: according to the website SP is only collected after making an appointment, however the ics file for your street has one SP entry each quarter.
In other words, what is the truth? Do you want to include SP dates as well on Toon?

I will do all the above but will takes a couple of days.
Another good thing is that this will cover a large part of Belgium in one go, the waste landscape in NL is much more scattered.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

Toonz ... that is fantastic !
Question: according to the website SP is only collected after making an appointment, however the ics file for your street has one SP entry each quarter.
In other words, what is the truth? Do you want to include SP dates as well on Toon?
I think SP (steenpuin) and GV (grof vuil) should not be included in the app as the requires to call three days in advance to make an appointment ... for these kind of things I personally go by car to the "cointerpark" and drop it of myself.
Another good thing is that this will cover a large part of Belgium in one go, the waste landscape in NL is much more scattered.
I browsed the IOK website myself and I think it only serves "de Kempen", other parts of Belgium are not covered. However, I did find another website that tries to bundle all calenders: http://www.ophaalkalender.be/. I think the highest coverage in Belgium will be reached through that website! And as far as I can see it also has the same way of downloading the data (fixed link for each street and postcode: http://www.ophaalkalender.be/Calendar/I ... pcode=2400 for my location)
I noticed new categories Textiel, KGA (klein gevaarlijk afval) and SP (Steen/puin) for which I need to create icons.
In order to help you I took the liberty to propose you icons for KGA (klein gevaarlijk afval) and TEXT (textiel), see attached file. For the KGA icon I used a picture of our famous "milieubox" that every belgian older than 30 will recognize immediatelly :) (https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milieubox).

Thanks again !
Attachments
kga_textiel_icons.zip
new icons for KGA and TEXT
(2.23 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi Makkie2002,

I am already finished more or less and busy testing.
I will use your icons, I initially choose a t-shirt as well but yours is nicer. Thanks a lot!!

I will stick to the iok.be website for now as it is already coded.
Ophaalkalender.be is not using the same descriptions, will look into that further if there is demand.

My last item to do is to change the config screen. I already have data entry fields for zipcode and housenr, but will change the labels of those fields to match postcode and streetcode

Stay tuned....

Regardz,

Toonz
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi Makkie2002,

the new release (2.2) is ready. Usage:
- goto http://www.iok.be/ophaalkalender/default.aspx
- select your city and street
- hoover with your mouse over the iCal button and note the values for ST and PC in the link.
- On Toon, click on the wastecollection tile to enter the config screen and enter these values in the field postcode (PC) and Housenr/Streetnr (ST) and select waste provider 9 (iok.be).

That's all.

The new app version will appear in the ToonStore soon adding support for cranendonck.nl and iok.be.
Existing users do not need to update. ToonStore will therefore ignore this app when doing the daily automatic updates.

N.B. The optional thermostat_mod 1.2 is not yet compatible with this wastecollection version (it is not aware of the new Belgian icons yet).
Will post an update of the thermostat_mod here in the coming days (I prefer it personally because it saves a tile on your homescreen).

Kind regardz,

Toonz
ronalddehaan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ronalddehaan »

Toonz wrote:
ronalddehaan wrote:Hi, is it possible to add support for https://www.afvalinfo.nl ?
Hi, afvalinfo.nl is just a portal for different waste companies.
I do need your zipcode to assess whether support can be added via the waste company in your city.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
My zipcode is 2402EL, thanks :)
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

Toonz,

Thanks for the effort!
The new app version will appear in the ToonStore soon adding support for cranendonck.nl and iok.be
So I have to wait for the version 2.2 to appear in the Toonstore or can I download it somewhere else?
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

makkie2002 wrote:Toonz,

Thanks for the effort!
The new app version will appear in the ToonStore soon adding support for cranendonck.nl and iok.be
So I have to wait for the version 2.2 to appear in the Toonstore or can I download it somewhere else?
Should be in de ToonStore soon and will be automatically updated when your Toon searches for updates in the ToonStore. You can always do a Manually Refresh.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Yes, should be ready by the end of the weekend. Need to fix some dependencies in the installer, after that, it's ready for publication.

Return to “Toon Apps”