Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TerrorSource, Toonz, TheHogNL

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby gielie » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:42 am

I’m on fw 4.8.25 and I love to try out the rotating tile mod.
gielie
Member
Member
 
Posts: 55
Joined: November 2017

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby Toonz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:51 pm

ok, I will create three new ones then for fw 4.7,4.8 and 4.9 when released (I believe planned for this week)
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby dennis071nl » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Did u already find time and inspiration for the 4.8.25 firmware?

And besides that; plans to publish this to toonstore as well??
dennis071nl
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: June 2017

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby Toonz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:19 pm

dennis071nl wrote:Did u already find time and inspiration for the 4.8.25 firmware?

And besides that; plans to publish this to toonstore as well??

Apologies, not started yet, was intrigued lately by the possibility to get the OpenTherm boiler data via qml.
That's behind me for now so #1 on the list are the homescreen mods.
My DevToon has currently 4.9 so will start with that, then downgrade to 4.8 to repeat the trick.

I am a bit hesitant to publish this on ToonStore because you are changing a core firmware module.
I need to be sure that uninstalling the mod will reinstate the original homescreen app.
Can be done but needs thorough testing first.
Last edited by Toonz on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby Toonz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:59 pm

Ok, I couldn't wait......

Installation notes:
The following homescreen mod gives you the ability to automatically rotate tiles on the first page of the homescreens in 4 ways:
0: no rotation, behaviour as normal
1: rotate only the right bottom tile and leave the other three untouched (both normal and dim state)
2: rotate the bottom two tiles and leave the upper two untouched (both normal and dim state)
3: rotate the whole homescreen. In this case no tile configuration is changed, merely the next homepage is selected every x seconds (only in dim state)

I personally prefer option 3, just make sure you put the tiles you want to be visible all the time on each homepage.

You can change the behaviour 'on the fly' by clicking on the new icon just right of the '>' page selector at the bottom.
The small number in the icon represent the rotation mode above.
Default value is 0 (no rotation).

Installation:
- rename the folder homescreen in qmf/qml/apps/ to homescreen_backup or whatever name you want
- unzip the attachment for your firmware and copy the folder homescreen to qmf/qml/apps/

Important notes:
- only tiles which are visible at the start of qt-gui will be included in the rotation. If you want to include newer tiles as well my advice is to stop rotation (setting 0) first, finish your homescreen/tile layout and restart the gui.
- rotation will only start 3 minutes after completing the loading of the homepage to wait for the initial initialisation of the tiles at startup

The homescreen app didn't change between 4.8 and 4.9 so can be used on both firmware versions.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Attachments
homescreen_mod_rotating_tiles_fw_4.8_and_4.9.zip
(35.86 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby dennis071nl » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:45 am

Toonz did it again! :-)

Thanks man, works like a charm!

All of your work for the rooted Toon community is highly appreciated!
dennis071nl
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: June 2017

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby Hypermobile » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Works great,

maybe nice to mention to restart the Gui with
Code: Select all
killall -9 qt-gui
.


Found a Minor bug/issue tho.
WasteCalendar Tile is not visible in the Dimmed Screen.
Not sure if it has something to do with the Rotating Tiles or with the Wastecalendar itself

And i personnally don't like the "TOON" tekst Top Left in the Dimmed screen.
Is there a way to change the PNG/Tekst.
Hypermobile
Member
Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: January 2018

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby marcelr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:44 am

Hypermobile wrote:Works great,

maybe nice to mention to restart the Gui with
Code: Select all
killall -9 qt-gui
.

As the IRIX man page used to say:

"kill -9" is a sure kill.
Not sure if you need it, though. kill -9 stops the process immediately, without waiting for proper closing of files, devices etc.

Hypermobile wrote:And i personnally don't like the "TOON" tekst Top Left in the Dimmed screen.
Is there a way to change the PNG/Tekst.

Sure. just exchange /HCBv2/qml/images/logo.png with something else. It will be removed in the non-dimmed screen as well, though.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: May 2012
Location: Ehv

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby Toonz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:09 am

Hypermobile wrote:WasteCalendar Tile is not visible in the Dimmed Screen.

The waste calender tile in dim state only shows the icon of the waste type collected today (start showing from 18:00 the day before).
If no waste is collected today the tile is empty in dim state.
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby Hypermobile » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:42 pm

marcelr wrote:
Hypermobile wrote:Works great,

maybe nice to mention to restart the Gui with
Code: Select all
killall -9 qt-gui
.

As the IRIX man page used to say:

"kill -9" is a sure kill.
Not sure if you need it, though. kill -9 stops the process immediately, without waiting for proper closing of files, devices etc.

Hypermobile wrote:And i personnally don't like the "TOON" tekst Top Left in the Dimmed screen.
Is there a way to change the PNG/Tekst.

Sure. just exchange /HCBv2/qml/images/logo.png with something else. It will be removed in the non-dimmed screen as well, though.



thanks, what do you suggest to reboot Gui?

thx for the Logo, i'll change it,
and maybe i'll make some nices buttons for the rotating tile :-)
photoshop is more my skill that programming
Hypermobile
Member
Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: January 2018

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby marcelr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm

killall qt-gui will do. Never mind the -9.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: May 2012
Location: Ehv

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby Hypermobile » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:37 pm

After a reboot; you need to set Rotation-program again.

it would be nice, if it remains on you setting after reboot.
Hypermobile
Member
Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: January 2018

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby Toonz » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Hypermobile wrote:After a reboot; you need to set Rotation-program again.

it would be nice, if it remains on you setting after reboot.

Will have a look. Need to double check compatibility with 4.11 as well
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: December 2016

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby Emacee » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:49 pm

I just started using a Toon and I really like the rotating tiles! Decided to make the icons more in line with the rest of the UI, so changed the black symbols to the same type of grey as the rest of the symbols and changed the harsh white background to same as the rest of the background.
Added the new versions as attachment, maybe nice to incorporate in a new version?
Attachments
Homescreen - Drawables - SettingsIcons.zip
(11.3 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Emacee
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: January 2018

Re: Toon app: rotating through tiles, automatically

Postby Toonz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Emacee wrote:I just started using a Toon and I really like the rotating tiles! Decided to make the icons more in line with the rest of the UI, so changed the black symbols to the same type of grey as the rest of the symbols and changed the harsh white background to same as the rest of the background.
Added the new versions as attachment, maybe nice to incorporate in a new version?


Will do thanks!! I don't consider myself to be a drawing artist :D
member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: December 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Toon Apps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron