Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: boiler status

Post by TheHogNL »

Ossegek wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:I noticed that since the change to github releases for toonstore apps we forgot that the boilerstatus app needs a file 'boilervalues.txt' readable in the webdir. I will make a change asap.
(notice it is boilervalues.txt and not boilerstatus.txt)

Ok. That explains the problem.
Will see the changed asap
If you type "killall -9 tsc" it should download a the new tsc script. After that remove and reinstall boilerstatus app from toonstore and it should work.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Ossegek wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:I noticed that since the change to github releases for toonstore apps we forgot that the boilerstatus app needs a file 'boilervalues.txt' readable in the webdir. I will make a change asap.

If you type "killall -9 tsc" it should download a the new tsc script. After that remove and reinstall boilerstatus app from toonstore and it should work.
Ossegek
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Ossegek »

TheHogNL wrote:
Ossegek wrote:

In the command promp on Toon?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Ossegek wrote:
In the command promp on the raspberry?
No in the Toon SSH session. But you can restart your Toon also, but you need to wait at least 5 minutes after your toon has restarted when you reinstall boilerstatus using that method.
msx4ever
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by msx4ever »

I noticed that in one of the first versions of this app, the external temperature is also displayed. Has this been removed by purpose?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

No, in the early days we had direct access to the OpenTherm dataset. In newer firmwares this has been blocked unfortunately. Some data elements are therefor not accessible anymore.
member of the Toon Software Collective
msx4ever
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by msx4ever »

Toonz wrote:No, in the early days we had direct access to the OpenTherm dataset. In newer firmwares this has been blocked unfortunately. Some data elements are therefor not accessible anymore.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the information!
dartheide
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dartheide »

I have a Remeha Calenta with bloiler status installed.
It doesn't read the boiler status only the roomsetpoint and roomtemp. Also http://toon/happ_thermstat?action=printTableInfo gives a lot of zeros.

{"sampleTime":"02-11-2020 19:30:00","boilerSetpoint":0,"roomTempSetpoint":20,"boilerPressure":0,"roomTemp":20.77,"boilerOutTemp":0,"boilerInTemp":0,"boilerModulationLevel":0}

I check the file boilervalues.txt It's there and writable. Also I reinstalled the App. But no improvement.

Any ideas of suggestions?
Staffjunk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Staffjunk »

I hade the same issue check on toon if you’re open therm is on I thought it was on by me but it was not
Try to push on the open therm setting button en check again the boiler status it works for me!
Gr staffjunk
dartheide
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dartheide »

That's the trick, I refreshed the opentherm settings and it is working. Thanks.
Timeless

Post by Timeless »

Toonz wrote:No, in the early days we had direct access to the OpenTherm dataset. In newer firmwares this has been blocked unfortunately. Some data elements are therefor not accessible anymore.
Is there any other way to retrieve the outside temperature?
I recently switched from on/off -> OpenTherm hoping Toon would able to supply the outside temperature through its API.
But I guess Toon does not even use the measured outside temperature for its thermostat functionality right?

The OpenTherm protocol is quite new for me as my boiler talks iRT and I had to use On/Off for quite some time, but after purchasing 2 Bosch adapters I'm able to convert iRT -> EMS -> OpenTherm.
But as OpenTherm is a serial protocol I wonder if it's possible to multiplex the serial data with socat in order to passively listen for messages.
"The greatest good you can do for another, is not to share your own riches, but to reveal to him, his own."
- Benjamin Disraeli -
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

You could connect an OpenTherm GateWay (OTGW, http://otgw.tclcode.com/index.html ) between boiler and toon's boiler interface. Gives complete logging and a bit of control.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

we noticed that starting from firmware 5.39.7 some OpenTherm boiler values are not stored anymore on Toon and therefore not visible in this app anymore.
The measurements of the incoming and outgoing water temperatures are not available anymore.

If you are using these values (or the json output of this app) then please do not upgrade to firmware 5.39.7 or beyond.

Kind regards,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
Doerakker
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Doerakker »

After updating firmware to 5.39.7 some values show NAN

Is this a known issue ? See attached screenshot
Attachments
182AF216-A33B-4497-8BB4-3693A441F918.jpeg
182AF216-A33B-4497-8BB4-3693A441F918.jpeg (25.81 KiB) Viewed 8308 times
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Doerakker wrote:After updating firmware to 5.39.7 some values show NAN

Is this a known issue ? See attached screenshot
Yes. For unknown reason the Toon developers removed boiler water in and out from the information available for us. Maybe to save disk space because they don't use those values themselves in a regular toon.

Return to “Toon Apps”