Toon app: Buienradar

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

makkie2002

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Post by makkie2002 »

Toonz,

Thank you for the buienradar app, love it !
One thing I noticed early this morning is that the 5 day weather predictions (the icons, not the text) is missing the current day.
It would be nice to have a quick look at the screen and get the max temperature and weather type of the day that is still to unfold :).

Another thing: luckily I live in the north of Belgium and I can set the weatherstation to Eindhoven and get weather data relatively representative for my place!
Fellow counrtymen that live further from the border with Netherlands or out of luck with this app.
Maybe it is worthwile to think about a more international weather app and use data provided by free weather API's: superdevresources.com/weather-forecast- ... ping-apps/.
Just a suggestion. I am afraid my qml programming skills are too limited to pull this off on my own.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

makkie2002 wrote:Toonz,

Thank you for the buienradar app, love it !
One thing I noticed early this morning is that the 5 day weather predictions (the icons, not the text) is missing the current day.
It would be nice to have a quick look at the screen and get the max temperature and weather type of the day that is still to unfold :).

Another thing: luckily I live in the north of Belgium and I can set the weatherstation to Eindhoven and get weather data relatively representative for my place!
Fellow counrtymen that live further from the border with Netherlands or out of luck with this app.
Maybe it is worthwile to think about a more international weather app and use data provided by free weather API's: superdevresources.com/weather-forecast- ... ping-apps/.
Just a suggestion. I am afraid my qml programming skills are too limited to pull this off on my own.
Hi makkie2002,

I am only displaying the data which is provided in xml.buienradar.nl.
The 5-day weather forecast is for the next 5 days, current day is not included in that format at all.

I will have a look at the international weather stuff but that will be a different application, next to buienradar.
Thanks for the hint.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

The 5-day weather forecast is for the next 5 days, current day is not included in that format at all.
I already thought this was the reason :mrgreen:
But maybe there is a solution! Wouldn't it be possible to "remember" the prediction of today's weather from the predictions from yesterday? Hope you understand what I mean ...
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Can be done but how accurate would it be compared to actuals during the day.... But will keep it in mind (no promises)
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

Can be done but how accurate would it be compared to actuals during the day
Toonz, it does not have to be accurate because it is a prediction of the day that is unfolding.
Imagine in the morning you get up 7am and you go to the thermostat ... the actual outside temperature could be 15°, but it would be nice to know if the rest of the day we could expect 30° as maximum temperature :)
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

You could take the information from yr.no.
The Norwegian met office publishes weather forecasts for most of western Europe in xml format, with hour-by-hour granularity. Just pop in your GPS coordinates, and off you go.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Guys, thanks for all your input. I wasn't aware about the norwegian site.
They provide a wealth of information for sure. But that will likely qualify for a new app ('International Weather').
Back to buienradar, it is relatively easy to remember today's prediction and there is room on the screen to display it.
I just plan to keep that data in memory, meaning that if you reboot the gui you will not see todays prediction anymore until somewhere after midnight (normally between 00:30 and 01:00).
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

Toonz,

You got my support for an international weather app!
And I am happy to hear that you looked into the effort needed to implement the forcast of the current day into the buienradar app :) !
Great work!
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

makkie2002 wrote:Toonz,

You got my support for an international weather app!
And I am happy to hear that you looked into the effort needed to implement the forcast of the current day into the buienradar app :) !
Great work!
Well, i would love a international version too! Put my holiday city in it so i can imagen myself in the sun every day :D
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

Well, i would love a international version too! Put my holiday city in it so i can imagen myself in the sun every day :D
You are welcome in Mol, but the sun might be an issue 8)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

A new version of buienradar (8.0.9) will hit the ToonStore soon.
In this release 'today' is added to the 5 days forecast table (thanks for the hint makkie2002).
Because buienradar is not providing the forecast for today in this format, the last forecast for today which was published yesterday is shown.
This also means that after each gui restart, this column is empty and will be populated again from the next day onwards.
Screenshot_20170904.png
Screenshot_20170904.png (290.34 KiB) Viewed 12425 times
Kind regardz,

Toonz
hayman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hayman »

thanks for the app,
after update to 8.0.8 i didn't get any update about the weather only the (!) should i delet the old version befor install the new one ..?
thanks
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

If you have installed the earlier version via the ToonStore then you don't need to do anything. The installer of the ToonStore will take care of the removal of the old version.

In general it is advised to remove manually installed versions of apps which you plan to install via ToonStore going forward.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

I learned today that Buienradar 8.0.8 and higher are not compatible with firmwares below 4.x.
I will have a look later how to proceed.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

Installed! ... thanks for the modification :D

Return to “Toon Apps”