Post by hayman »

Just did it's goes back to the home menu??? Shall I restarted it
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: ToonStore

Post by Toonz »

hayman wrote:Just did it's goes back to the home menu??? Shall I restarted it
can send you a private message but you must enable private messages in the Board Preferences in the user control panel.
PM me when done. Thanks
member of the Toon Software Collective
hayman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hayman »

Toonz wrote:
hayman wrote:Just did it's goes back to the home menu??? Shall I restarted it
can send you a private message but you must enable private messages in the Board Preferences in the user control panel.
PM me when done. Thanks
Hello just send you a pm
georon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by georon »

ToonStore is working great. Thank you for this.
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marijn »

Great Job!

I just got something strange, I removed the previous installation of 'wastecollection' and 'buienradar'. Then I tried to install these apps via the toonstore. After installation they don't show up.
The other apps form the store wil install as normal exept the 'sonos' app. what can I check?
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Marijn wrote:Great Job!

I just got something strange, I removed the previous installation of 'wastecollection' and 'buienradar'. Then I tried to install these apps via the toonstore. After installation they don't show up.
The other apps form the store wil install as normal exept the 'sonos' app. what can I check?
You need to check it in the AppsToLoad tag within the Globals file, it's located in \HCBv2\qml\qb\base\Globals.qml
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marijn »

I know :wink: , they are all in. if I install wastecollection and buienradar manually then the show up. So the problem is not within the Globals.qml file...
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Marijn wrote:Great Job!

Have you completely removed the previous installations? Both from the Globals.qml file as well as removal of the app folders in /qml/apps?
After that you should be able to install via ToonStore.

Another reason could be that you run out of memory. Can you check after a restart how much memory is left? Start a terminal session and issue the 'free' command.
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marijn »

@Toonz Yes I did. I gues I run out of memory:

Code: Select all

total         used           free       shared      buffers
Mem:       125648      121544        4104          0              0
suggestions to free some space?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Disable all apps you do not need in globals.xml.
Obvious candidate is winwit (what is new in Toon) but there are more I guess, controlPanel is one if you don't have Hue lights etc. And only select from ToonStore what you really need. VNC is another one....

Edit: also fw 4.x has a smaller memory footprint, allowing more additional apps
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marijn »

@Toonz thanks for the directions.
Not much apps running anymore, 8mb free. But still the sonos app does not install... I guess I have to try a firmware update. Can I just remove Toonstore and re-establish the connection to enenco to get the firmware update? (I have no contract with Eneco)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi which firmware are you using? I suspect the Sonos app is not compatible with firmware versions before 4.x.
You can check that when restarting the gui with the console output redirect (I expect you will see error messages than in the log).

@harmen070: can you check whether your app is version 3.x compatible?

Kind regards,

Toonz
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Marijn wrote:@Toonz thanks for the directions.
Not much apps running anymore, 8mb free. But still the sonos app does not install... I guess I have to try a firmware update. Can I just remove Toonstore and re-establish the connection to enenco to get the firmware update? (I have no contract with Eneco)
Marijn,

these apps are not compatible with firmware version 3 because functionality is used which is introduced from 4.x onwards.
You can manually correct this by removing all lines which set the property 'leftTextAvailableWidth' in the qml files.
This will not impact the functionality, just the display of labels to the left on data entry fields.
After this the apps should show up.

App owners (like myself) need to change the apps to make them compatible (not too much work).

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Toon app: ToonStore

Post by Marijn »

Toonz, the firmware I had was 3.6.3 now I am on 4.4.21 because you metioned the smaller memory footprint. Unfortunatly I lost ssh acces, so I gues I have to install dropbear again. The app compatibility should be no problem anymore [emoji2]
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

You probably just lost the /etc/passwd and /etc/iptables changes. Dropbear is probably still there. Somewhere on the forum is a how-to to be firmware update proof (at least for now). It backs up the passwd and iptables files and restores it after each reboot (in case a Toon software update changes it).
Member of the Toon Software Collective

Return to “Toon Apps”