Toon app: ToonStore

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Toon app: ToonStore

Post by marcelr »

Hmmm, yes, I think that file has been split into two other ones.
Will need to check.
Arcidodo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Arcidodo »

my guess is it is all in this file: qmf_release.xml

im testing right now.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

in newer firmwares you have to edit /HCBv2/etc/qmf_release.xml instead of qml_project.qml or hcb_project.qml
member of the Toon Software Collective
Arcidodo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Arcidodo »

Indeed! I tested it an can confirm its working!
And about the toonstore I made an work around it, I created the both project files (copy of the release file)
So I fooled the preinstal script that the file was existing
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hello,

For me is the Toonstore working, with software 4.9.23 but I am a litle bit confuse of this:

I have qmf_project.xml and qmf_project.xml.toonstore_backup

But here is everyone saying /HCBv2/etc/qmf_release.xml instead of qml_project.qml or hcb_project.qml

I don't have these files only qmf_project.xml do I need to change qmf_project.xml to qmf_release.xml or what is the differences?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

The name of that file has changed in the latest fw release. This will be fixed in the next update of toonstore.
lxz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lxz »

after installing toonstore, the service center is no longer reachable for checking updates. Which is great, btw :)
But now, I would like to update to the latest version.

I did 'opkg remove toonstore' and a reboot, but 'opkg update' is still checking on the wrong URL:

Code: Select all

eneco-001-xxxxxx:/mnt/data/update# opkg update
Downloading http://files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/Toon/apps/buienradar-8.2.1/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/Toon/apps/buienradar-8.2.1/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/tsc1.
Downloading http://files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/Toon/apps/buienradar-8.2.1/Packages.sig.
Signature check failed.
Remove wrong Signature file.
How can I check for updates on feed.hae.int again? Do I have to alter /etc/opkg/*.conf or something?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Hmmm. missed this one. Sorry about that. You can check the file /etc/hosts. It should have a line with feed.hae.int or similar, with an IP address starting with 172. If feed.hae.int is still pointing towards 127.0.0.1, you should check the backup file in the same directory. (/etc/hosts.toonstore_backup).
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

The ToonStore has been updated to version 1.1.0. You can find it in the ToonStore.
This version can handle the new layout of Toon's project files and installs dependencies properly.
As always, feedback is welcome.
hanplo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hanplo »

After installing this version of the Appstore Buienradar is working again. One little detail in Buienradar doesn’t work good, it’s the little image in the right under corner at the selected weather station. No image is shown.
hanplo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hanplo »

In addition to my previous message. The update of the Buienradar app is not working yet. Do not receive updates to weather reports from installation time. Please your assistance (TerrorSource).
michel30

Post by michel30 »

That is because buienradar change the site with https.
There is a workaround use the old buienradar version and add the certificate in the certificate and everything works like it was before or wait when a new release will be published in the toonstore.
lxz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lxz »

marcelr wrote:Hmmm. missed this one. Sorry about that. You can check the file /etc/hosts. It should have a line with feed.hae.int or similar, with an IP address starting with 172. If feed.hae.int is still pointing towards 127.0.0.1, you should check the backup file in the same directory. (/etc/hosts.toonstore_backup).
hi marcelr,

I just checked the host file and it is correct, actually. I think opkg is checking on the wrong URL.
In which file is configured where to download/check for new packages, is there some kind of sources.list (just like the apt-get package manager)?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

A minor change to the ToonStore repository:
The apps are now sorted from newest to oldest, visible when you refresh the ToonStore data.

Newest apps or updates will now always show on the first page (thanks Marcelr for the tip)

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

an update to ToonStore 1.1.1 is available.
It fixes a glitch in installing dependencies which prevented in certain circumstances the installation of dependent packages for ssl certificates when installing afvalkalender 2.6 (identified earlier today)
Thanks Marcelr for the quick followup.

Kind regardz,

Toonz

Return to “Toon Apps”