Toon apps: feature requests

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon apps: feature requests

Post by Toonz »

you can download the app now via the ToonStore, see also the post on the boilerstatus app thread.
member of the Toon Software Collective
Panomi
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Panomi »

I have a Sunny Boy solar inverter which uploads data to sunny portal. I want to display data on the Toon.
Is there someone who can make this work?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

No difference to each other brand. For solar to view on Toon you need to install a kWh meter on the end of your seperated solar power circuit in your fusebox.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Edgar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Edgar »

Long time no new posts in this topic I see. Is there a possibility to create an app like a kitchen timer (kookwekker)? For example when you want to boil eggs you can open a timer app on your Toon and choose between a few buttons of early chosen minute options, like 8 minutes, 5 minutes, or something else? This time will be a countdown so you know your eggs are done. I don't know if the Toon can make a sound when the timer hits the zero second, or flash the screen. Idea, or impossible for now and something for Toon 3? :mrgreen:
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Edgar wrote:Long time no new posts in this topic I see. Is there a possibility to create an app like a kitchen timer (kookwekker)? For example when you want to boil eggs you can open a timer app on your Toon and choose between a few buttons of early chosen minute options, like 8 minutes, 5 minutes, or something else? This time will be a countdown so you know your eggs are done. I don't know if the Toon can make a sound when the timer hits the zero second, or flash the screen. Idea, or impossible for now and something for Toon 3? :mrgreen:
Sound cannot be used on Toon, it's not in the kernel.

Otherwise, alarm clock is good idea.
EricvL
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by EricvL »

Hi guys,

There is one thing I'm missing on a Toon since the introduction of the device, which is the option to monitor power usage for a given time period. For instance, one can see through the power usage screen the amount of Watts used in the previous hours, days, weeks, months and years but I miss the option to see the total amount used between (for instance) 10:00 and 12:30. This way you would be able to see the total amount of Kwh for a total dishwasher cycle or the total amount of Kwh (and thus €) used for charging your car. Sure, it's the total amount of power used, so also for lighting etc, but it could give you more insight on the total power usage of your appliances.
An app which allows you to see the total amount for a user-specified time period would be a great enhancement to my opinion. Any ideas if this is possible with the data Toon collects?

Kind regards,
Eric
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

yes, that is possible....
EricvL
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by EricvL »

Toonz wrote:yes, that is possible....
Well, if someone is willing to write something like that, I'm happy to help testing!

Just another thought: an app which stores all record temperatures, both indoor as outdoor? So one screen which shows daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and all time highs and lows?

Kind regards,
Eric
PeJeWe

Post by PeJeWe »

EricvL wrote:
Toonz wrote:yes, that is possible....
Well, if someone is willing to write something like that, I'm happy to help testing!

Just another thought: an app which stores all record temperatures, both indoor as outdoor? So one screen which shows daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and all time highs and lows?

Kind regards,
Eric
Domoticz can do that for you, if jou have domoticz of course.
domoticz can read the data from the toon, so you can see all the data you want.
Rooted Toon 1, Domoticz running on a RPI3b+, RFXCOM XL, RFLINK.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

I have a feature request: a small app in the taskbar that enables the "screen cleaning"-screen that disappears after 30 seconds.
This option is also available from the menu, but it's quite well hidden inside the menu structure.

It could be dedicated icon; or perhaps a dialog can pop up if for the dim-screen button with two options: dim now and clean now.

Rooted Toons are awesome, they deserve to be clean as a whistle.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Rudolf wrote:I have a feature request: a small app in the taskbar that enables the "screen cleaning"-screen that disappears after 30 seconds.
This option is also available from the menu, but it's quite well hidden inside the menu structure.

It could be dedicated icon; or perhaps a dialog can pop up if for the dim-screen button with two options: dim now and clean now.

Rooted Toons are awesome, they deserve to be clean as a whistle.
can easily be done by adding a systray icon to the systemSettings app which shows the CleanLoadingPopup.qml.
But just wondering, do you really want to sacrifice a tray icon position for this?
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Maybe not, silly me, never realized the space in the task bar was so very limited.

It seemed like an easy way to enable CleanLoadingPopup, aimed at the less tech-savy members of this household.

Return to “Toon Apps”