Toon app: Kalender

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon app: Kalender

Post by speedyconnalis »

Ok, I just made it to /mnt/data/tsc on my Mac with Filezilla (after re-installing Filezilla weird enough). I see below files but no userSettings.json ...
  • buienradar.userSettings.json
    postnl.userSettings.json
    sonos.userSettings.json
    toonstore.userSettings.json
    wastecollection.userSettings.json
Guess I'm at the right location but Kalender app didn't create the userSettings.json file here? I just re-installed the app but no difference. Sorry for my slow progress here but a small pointer in the right direction would be appreciated. :D
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

click on the calendar tile, go to 'instellingen' and press opslaan.
It should create the file /mnt/data/tsc/calendar.userSettings.json
member of the Toon Software Collective
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedyconnalis »

Toonz wrote:click on the calendar tile, go to 'instellingen' and press opslaan.
It should create the file /mnt/data/tsc/calendar.userSettings.json
Yes that worked, thanks. Now I replaced the example calendar with my own Google Calendar public link and hit Refresh in the settings of the app but it hangs on "ophalen kalenders". This is the code in my userSettings.json;

Code: Select all

{"Calendar_URL":["https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=familyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe%2FAmsterdam"],"ShowColors":"Yes","ShowNotifications":"Yes"}
I would think I did all right but apparently not? Sorry for the many questions but I'm determined to make it work now! :P

Edited by Toonz: removed your private calendar id from the url
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

you don't have the correct url for your calendar, you have the https link for use in browsers.
You will need the link to the calendar in iCal format, you can retrieve this link in the settings page of your calendar in the browser.

It should be in the form of "https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/<<gmail address>>/private-<<random string>>/basic.ics"

better use the private link and not the public link unless you want your calendar to be accessible for everyone.
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedyconnalis »

Toonz wrote:you don't have the correct url for your calendar, you have the https link for use in browsers.
You will need the link to the calendar in iCal format, you can retrieve this link in the settings page of your calendar in the browser.

It should be in the form of "https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/<<gmail address>>/private-<<random string>>/basic.ics"

better use the private link and not the public link unless you want your calendar to be accessible for everyone.
Unfortunately I try to share a Google Family Calendar. Just found out you can't retrieve an iCal format for the Family Calendar. :x
support.google.com/calendar/thread/6462 ... 2599?hl=en
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hello,

@speedyconnalis

Use cyberduck is free or Commander one it is free for trial after that is loose some functions.
With these tools you can do everything.

With these tools you can browse edit etc.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

speedyconnalis wrote: Unfortunately I try to share a Google Family Calendar. Just found out you can't retrieve an iCal format for the Family Calendar. :x
support.google.com/calendar/thread/6462 ... 2599?hl=en
I also use a family calendar but it is just a private calendar (separate gmail account).
On all family members android phones the account is added and everyone has full access to the calendar.
I am not using google family calendar features as such.
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedyconnalis »

Toonz wrote:I also use a family calendar but it is just a private calendar (separate gmail account).
On all family members android phones the account is added and everyone has full access to the calendar.
I am not using google family calendar features as such.
Thanks, I changed over as well and have it up and running now! Thanks a lot for the support! :)

Two remarks (maybe for future releases?);
- From what I understood a refresh is only triggered once a calendar item is done. Would it be possible to add a fixed refresh interval (once every 4 hours for example)?
- Would it be possible to add a view to the standby screen to show the future 2 or 3 calendar items instead of just 1?

Greetz, Tom
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

speedyconnalis wrote: Two remarks (maybe for future releases?);
- From what I understood a refresh is only triggered once a calendar item is done. Would it be possible to add a fixed refresh interval (once every 4 hours for example)?
- Would it be possible to add a view to the standby screen to show the future 2 or 3 calendar items instead of just 1?

Greetz, Tom
Makes sense, good suggestions, I will have a look this week if it continues to rain like today :-(.
I will make both options configurable.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

Version 1.1.6 is available in the ToonStore.
Changelog:
- calendars are refreshed at least every 6 hours (or earlier when first appointment ends)
- option added to show first three appointments in dim state as well, you can enable this option in the settings screen

Kind regardz,

Toonz
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedyconnalis »

Toonz wrote:Hi all,

Version 1.1.6 is available in the ToonStore.
Changelog:
- calendars are refreshed at least every 6 hours (or earlier when first appointment ends)
- option added to show first three appointments in dim state as well, you can enable this option in the settings screen

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Wow, great job, thanks a lot!
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedyconnalis »

Is it right that the app doesn't correct the time data based on timezone information? Many .icals from what I know have the time data in +0.0 (London time) because they expect the calendar client to convert to the timezone the user defined. Is there any such functionality for the Toon Kalender app as well?

I have an F1 .ical file that communicates times in +0.0 (London) timezone. If I import it in Google Calendar it knows that my calendar is in Amsterdam timezone so it corrects the times accordingly. The Toon app doesn't seem to do that but just shows the actual time data as is in the ical without taking in account the timezone.

Is my assumption correct and if so, is there anything I can do to correct this?

Greetz, Tom
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

can you send me the specific iCal entry of that event?
I thought it would handle this well, but the number of variations are endless in the iCals....
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedyconnalis »

Toonz wrote:can you send me the specific iCal entry of that event?
I thought it would handle this well, but the number of variations are endless in the iCals....
Ooh sorry, read your remark quite late and I already downloaded another F1 ical which works perfectly and indeed shows the correct times in Toon. So let's just say the other calendar was rubbish! If I do encounter a similar problem again I'll let you know! :)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

speedyconnalis wrote: So let's just say the other calendar was rubbish!
Maybe not, I just haven't yet implemented all possible options in the iCal format

Return to “Toon Apps”