Toon app: Kalender

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Jasper

Re: Toon app: Kalender

Post by Jasper »

How did you get the Google Family agenda to work? I couldn't ge the link to show up.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Jasper wrote:How did you get the Google Family agenda to work? I couldn't ge the link to show up.
Google Family agendas do not have a public link and are therefore not supported by this app.

A workaround is to create a normal calendar, call it 'Familie kalender' and give all members of your family access to it.
member of the Toon Software Collective
hansgrave
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hansgrave »

hansgrave wrote:Since a while the tile says "Ophalen kalender" but when i push the tile all my appointments are visible. I reinstall the app and add the google calenders again, no result.
Remarkable: the two calenders have the colors green and red but there are in the begining a couple appointments in the color black. Soemone a idea to fix this?
Problem solved. Somehow the orphan appointment (black) has as date 3 juli, by passing this date the problem disappeared. Working fine now!
Homey, rooted Toon 1 and HomeAssistent.
Patrick80
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Patrick80 »

Hi,

Can anyone help me ?
I will try this app on my T oon.
I login with filezilla and can not found the right folder, where i can find the calendar.userSettings.json file. to put in the url for my private google agenda.
I try /mnt/data/tsc folder and /qmf/qml/apps/calendar/
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

version 1.1.9 is available in the ToonStore.
Changelog:
- experimental option added to show the balloon animation on the day of a yearly recurring meeting (typically a birthday).
default setting is 'off' but can be changed on the settings page.

N.B. firmware 5.30.4 or higher is needed for the animation to show.

Kind regards,

Toonz.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

version 1.1.10 is available in the ToonStore.
changelog:
- further improved the balloon animation functionality for full day yearly events (final now)
balloons will show from 00:02 to 23:59 during the day for all day events and only during the appointment for timed events.
- The active appointment is now still visible after a gui-restart during that appointment.
This was a zero-day bug I found while testing the balloon animation.

If you want the balloon animations during yearly recurring events go to the settings screen and activate the animations.
If you want to stop the animation you can go to the separate animation app (available in the ToonStore) and press stop.
Or switch off the animations in the calendar settings screen, save and and restart the gui.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

Version 1.1.11 is available in the ToonStore with further enhancements of the animation functionality, avoiding conflicts with other apps as much as possible.
Changelog:
- balloon animations during yearly recurring appointments are only stopped after the appointment if this app started them.
this to prevent accidentally killing animations from other apps.
- when switching the setting 'show animations' to 'off' the current animation will be stopped if it was started by this app only.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
bouke
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bouke »

i got as far as seeing my google agenda link in the toon, but it doesnt shows any data in the tile.

what am i doing wrong ?
bouke
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bouke »

Toonz wrote:Hi all,

Version 1.1.11 is available in the ToonStore with further enhancements of the animation functionality, avoiding conflicts with other apps as much as possible.
Changelog:
- balloon animations during yearly recurring appointments are only stopped after the appointment if this app started them.
this to prevent accidentally killing animations from other apps.
- when switching the setting 'show animations' to 'off' the current animation will be stopped if it was started by this app only.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
i've downloaded this version from the toonstore, and changed calendar.userSettings.json in /mnt/data/tsc, and in the settings i can see my google calendar url, but the tile is remaining empty.

what am i doing wrong ?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

is your Google calendar a 'family' calendar maybe? These do not have a public URL and will not work in the app (workaround is to create a normal Google calendar (email address) and share these with the devices you want)
markismus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by markismus »

I really like this app. A calendar should be on the wall and this bridges the gab between digital agenda's and old fashioned calendars beautifully.

After using it for a year, I find it is time to start cutting the cord to the big data corporations such as Google and start hosting my own calendar server. Of course this creates a problem with the Kalender app.

First problem I ran into is that there are apparently quite a few calendar formats. Although webDav is still supported, I didn't find a server that actually published a whole-calendar-ics-file for use with Toon Kalender app. Would anyone know a server that generates webdav like calendar ics-files?

From this explanation on Stack Exchange I understand that CalDav uses the same format, but puts each event in a separate ics-file. This feature was already asked for in this thread, however without the info what format it was about. Would the script be able to query an entire folder and download the missing ics-files?

Or will we have to write a separate query and adapt the settings file with an list to all the ics-files found? Could the function

Code: Select all

xmlhttp.open("GET", calendarURL, true);
be expanded for credentials? Or would we have to reupload them separately and load the ics-files from a open (local) fileserver?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

markismus wrote:...Or will we have to write a separate query and adapt the settings file with an list to all the ics-files found? Could the function ... be expanded for credentials? Or would we have to reupload them separately and load the ics-files from a open (local) fileserver?
In principle the app can be expanded to read a bunch of separate ics files with credentials. Some questions though: how can the app know what the url's are to each ics file? Can I get a list of the individual ics-file urls with a separate http request for instance? If you upload all ics files to Toon it is easy for the app to scan a local folder on Toon.
I like the idea to run your own calendar server....and let google in the dark about our whereabouts....
markismus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by markismus »

I tried installing the CalDav server yesterday, but I also had to configure nginx as a web server for it, so I didn't get it all done. Apparently, I've got to switch to Apache if I want an full installation manual.

I had hoped to get an instance running, then query it and give you my results. So for now, I can only guess at it.

My guess is: As CalDav and WebDav are essentially http-protocols, I would think that if you query the url with only the folder, you'll get the content of the folder: A file with a listing of the files in the directory and some tags. Filter the filenames to an array. Then loop over the array and check whether a file exists locally. If the check fails, download it. Of course, I usually program Perl, so the workflow could be quite different for Javascript.

However, a internet search based on javascript library caldav resulted a.o. in this page on CalDav libraries. I see that there is a javascript ical library that can handle that part. However, the caldav libraries most usable are java. A further search for caldav javascript client resulted a.o. in simple-caldav.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

I have no appetite for building a full CalDav calendar client on Toon, but feel free to give it a go :-)
jazzper
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jazzper »

I added 3 calenders, but Toon only shows the first calendar. I seperated the urls with a comma. Do I need to configure something else to make Toon show 3 calendars?

Code: Select all

{
  "Calendar_URL": [
    "https://calendar.google.com/calendar1.ics",
    "https://calendar.google.com/calendar2.ics",
    "https://calendar.google.com/calendar3.ics ],
    "DimTileExtended",
    :,
    "Yes",
    "ShowAnimation",
    "No",
    "ShowColors",
    "Yes",
    "ShowNotifications",

EDIT TerrorSource: Please don't put direct links to your personal calendars on public forums.

Return to “Toon Apps”