Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: Kalender

Post by Toonz »

marcog wrote:Hi Toonz,

Any chance of implementing an iCloud calendar? I made one public (read-only) and the link used starts with: webcal://p30-calendars.icloud.com/published/xxxxxxxxxx

Regards Marco
Yes, that can be done (via the link https://p30-calendars.icloud.com/published/xxxxxxxxxx).
Format looks very similar to Google, just need to implement proper timezones (Google is exporting everything in UTC time, Apple in local time).
Will put this on the to-do list
member of the Toon Software Collective
yjb

Post by yjb »

Hi,

Updated on my Toon 2, but the tile only displays "ophalen Kalenders".

Also, it seems that my current calendar settings have been overwritten (I upgraded from 1.02):

Code: Select all

{"ShowNotifications":Yes","Calendar_URL":[ "https://your_own_url_here" , "https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/nl.dutch%23holiday%40group.v.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" ]}
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

I will remove the creation of the userSettings.json file from the code in future versions.
When you enter the correct url in the settings file it should be fine after a gui restart. Can you confirm?
(I just realized that the apps never leaves the state 'ophalen kalenders' if there is a non - existing url in the config)
Last edited by Toonz on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blacky's Boss
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Blacky's Boss »

Nice! Keep up the good work! Can I add a request? I'd like to add my Synology calender, but that's not written in 1 big ICS file, but a folder with an ICS file for every appointment. Is that something you could do?
yjb

Post by yjb »

No, that doesn't work. Initially it states "Even geduld aub", after 2 seconds or so,the text changes to "ophalen Kalenders".

What do you need from me for debugging this?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

yjb wrote:No, that doesn't work. Initially it states "Even geduld aub", after 2 seconds or so,the text changes to "ophalen Kalenders".
I did just reproduce the two issues (overwriting userSetting.json by the app and staying in state ophalen kalenders with the default settings file with http://your_own_url_here
For me , manually updating userSettings.json and gui restart did the trick.

can you send me a pm with the contents of your userSettings.json?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

yjb wrote:No, that doesn't work. Initially it states "Even geduld aub", after 2 seconds or so,the text changes to "ophalen Kalenders".

You are missing a quote before "Yes" in the config file: …"ShowNotifications":Yes"
Add the missing quote and you should be fine.
yjb

Post by yjb »

Thanks,

That fixes indeed the problem. Just wondering how that " went missing, as I did not touch that section. Let's wait and see how others will go through the upgrade.

As you mentioned, the recurring events still need some work, as I see now an event recurring on Fri and Sat, while the actual next re-occurrence is on the 5th.

Just let me know if you need more detail, I do understand that your time is limited, so no rush.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

I only implemented these recurrences so far:
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY and
RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY

you have appointments with more complex recurring settings like
RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;WKST=MO;UNTIL=20181212T225959Z;BYDAY=WE

Because I am not yet processing the 'UNTIL' you will now see old entries as well, it will be included in due course....
I also started with version 1.0.4 which is not overwriting the settings file anymore. If you install the app for the first time, I will have the installer script create an initial file only once.
The app reports when there is an error reading the setting file via a dialog message on Toon.

Also to be included in 1.0.4:
- resilience against wrong URL's
- iCloud calender support hopefully

to be continued.....
yjb

Post by yjb »

Really appreciate the effort. I just wanted to sure that you are aware of the issues I'm encountering.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

yjb wrote:Really appreciate the effort. I just wanted to sure that you are aware of the issues I'm encountering.
To be honest I really need feedback like this to further improve the app...
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

Thanks Toonz,

Will test the app tonight. first thing that strikes me now is that he keeps on "Kalender ophalen".
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

mAiden wrote:Thanks Toonz,

Will test the app tonight. first thing that strikes me now is that he keeps on "Kalender ophalen".
probably the same issue as before: can you check the userSettings.log ?
it could be that a quote is missing before 'Yes' or that you have the default one back with the entry http://your_own_url_here.
If you check the quotes and put the correct URL there it should be fine.

This version doesn't leave the state 'ophalen kalender' if it fails to read one of more entries from the settings file.
This is an unwanted side effect of the rewrite of the logic to increase the performance (I will an 'escape' in the next version)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Yes, the default you put in usersettings.json is wrong with this version.

Maybe nice option to colorize different agenda sources (just like google is doing). So you can easily spot difference in the agenda between you and your spouse and the dutch holiday's
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

TheHogNL wrote:Yes, the default you put in usersettings.json is wrong with this version.

Maybe nice option to colorize different agenda sources (just like google is doing). So you can easily spot difference in the agenda between you and your spouse and the dutch holiday's
Can do the coloring but must rewrite the screen to make it a list view instead of a single text box.

Return to “Toon Apps”