Toon app: Kalender

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Stampre
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon app: Kalender

Post by Stampre »

I've rooted and installed my Toon and im on firmware version 5.0.x but in the ToonStore the Kalender app says its only for Toon with 5.0. or higher (what it is). Can i manually update the calender app?
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Stampre wrote:I've rooted and installed my Toon and im on firmware version 5.0.x but in the ToonStore the Kalender app says its only for Toon with 5.0. or higher (what it is). Can i manually update the calender app?
Better upgrade to the latest firmware so you’re on the latest version and you know it works;)
Stampre
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Stampre »

Yes, now Kalender works. Everything went well but how kan i place the right calendar into Toon. Do i have to use VNC or ssh to Toon?
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Stampre wrote:Yes, now Kalender works. Everything went well but how kan i place the right calendar into Toon. Do i have to use VNC or ssh to Toon?
SSH, VNC cannot be used to edit or create the correct files.

The right file and format of the file is shown in this topic.
Stampre
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Stampre »

I have seen what is the right file but how can i navigate to it. When i logged in on Toon i'm in the root directory (yes i'm a noob and read the whole topic)
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Stampre wrote:I have seen what is the right file but how can i navigate to it. When i logged in on Toon i'm in the root directory (yes i'm a noob and read the whole topic)
Already said to you, in a different topic, that WinSCP is a good piece of software to explorer the files in the Toon.
The location of the file is discussed on the previous page in this topic, so is the content of the file.

Navigating through linux itself is kinda basic linux knowledge and discussed a lot on the internet.
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

Stampre wrote:I have seen what is the right file but how can i navigate to it. When i logged in on Toon i'm in the root directory (yes i'm a noob and read the whole topic)
You can go to it with putty:

Code: Select all

cd /mnt/data/tsc
Otherwise use WinSCP.. :)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Stampre
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Stampre »

I tried winscp but i got an error about the id_rsa. It says it isnt compatible wit winscp?!
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Stampre wrote:I tried winscp but i got an error about the id_rsa. It says it isnt compatible wit winscp?!
I'm not sure if id_rsa works but i always connect with a username and password :)

It's explained multiple times on this forum how to set a password via SSH, username is always "root".
Stampre
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Stampre »

Finally I got it it cost me several hours but collecting over the forum it is fixed.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Stampre wrote:Finally I got it it cost me several hours but collecting over the forum it is fixed.

Nice! Have fun with your Toon and the kalender-app ! :D
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedyconnalis »

Hi there, trying to get this up and running. I copied the public URL of the Google Calendar I want to add but I can't find the userSettings.json file with the below example lines? What is the full path for
file ../apps/calendar/userSettings.json
?

- the app supports multiple google calendars, url's to be added to the file ../apps/calendar/userSettings.json, format (second entry contains the public holidays as an example):
{"ShowNotifications":"Yes", "Calendar_URL":[ "https://<calendarurl_to_basic.ics>" , "https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ic ... /basic.ics" ]}
There is no limit to the number of calendars you can include, just the Toon hardware limitations.
Appreciate some help! Thanks, Tom
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

speedyconnalis wrote:Hi there, trying to get this up and running. I copied the public URL of the Google Calendar I want to add but I can't find the userSettings.json file with the below example lines? What is the full path for
?

- the app supports multiple google calendars, url's to be added to the file ../apps/calendar/userSettings.json, format (second entry contains the public holidays as an example):
{"ShowNotifications":"Yes", "Calendar_URL":[ "https://<calendarurl_to_basic.ics>" , "https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ic ... /basic.ics" ]}
There is no limit to the number of calendars you can include, just the Toon hardware limitations.
Answer is literally a few posts before yours in tags
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12209&start=165#p93514
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

Stampre wrote:I tried winscp but i got an error about the id_rsa. It says it isnt compatible wit winscp?!

Code: Select all

opkg install http://files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/Toon/ipk/qb2/openssh-sftp-server_7.3p1-r10.0_qb2.ipk
After this, you can login with you're username and password on WinSCP.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedyconnalis »

TerrorSource wrote:
speedyconnalis wrote:Hi there, trying to get this up and running. I copied the public URL of the Google Calendar I want to add but I can't find the userSettings.json file with the below example lines? What is the full path for
?

Answer is literally a few posts before yours in tags
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12209&start=165#p93514
I use a Mac with Filezilla (should have mentioned that) so I can only navigate through the Toon 'clicking through folders' and not by directly typing a path. Therefore I didn't even recognize the above question was similar to mine with all these command prompt lines... :shock: Yes you guessed it, I'm a noob. :lol: On the other hand, I managed so far with getting all apps running with Mac/Filezilla like Afvalwijzer so hoped this wouldn't be different. WinSCP is not available on Mac so not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions for this noob?

Greetz, Tom

Return to “Toon Apps”