Toon app: PostNL

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Templar

Re: Toon app: PostNL

Post by Templar »

Toonz wrote:Hi all,

The PostNL app is back, version 1.0.6 is available in ToonStore 5.

Changelog:
- implemented workaround for the new PostNL security setup (thanks to glsf91).

Kind regardz,

Toonz
I hate to say it but the app doesn't generate a "Bezorgd" list (there are no deliveries pending).

According to userSettings.json userid & password are stored but no postnl_inbox.json file in the tmp map.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

something to try as a suggestion:can you login into the PostNL website with your laptop /ipad/phone? After that press the refresh button on the Toon in the PostNL screen?
Or just press refresh on the PostNL screen. Working fine here without login on laptop (but takes a while before data shows up)
member of the Toon Software Collective
Templar

Post by Templar »

Toonz wrote:something to try as a suggestion:can you login into the PostNL website with your laptop /ipad/phone? After that press the refresh button on the Toon in the PostNL screen?
Or just press refresh on the PostNL screen. Working fine here without login on laptop (but takes a while before data shows up)
Hi Toonz,

I stand corrected, the app did manage to download the data and generate the list. It took more time than anticipated.

Templar
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

I just published version 1.0.7.
Note that it can take from 2 minutes up to a couple of hours before the first successful connection will be made with the PostNL servers (as in 1.0.6).
After that the connection stays stable in this release due to the token refresh calls.

Changelog:
- implemented the access token refresh functionality for more stability

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Toonz wrote:Hi all,

I just published version 1.0.7.
Note that it can take from 2 minutes up to a couple of hours before the first successful connection will be made with the PostNL servers (as in 1.0.6).
After that the connection stays stable in this release due to the token refresh calls.

Changelog:
- implemented the access token refresh functionality for more stability

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Thanks Toonz, the app works great, glad you were able to get it to work again.!
Toon2 with 6.0.2 firmware TSC 2.1.7
Apps: Sonos, Calender, garbagecalender, webcam, doorcam, Onkyo, Domoticzboard, Solar and weather app.
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

@Toonz

I have still a problem with this app. A lot of times I get this response: {"exceptionMessage":"The operation has timed out","exceptionType":"InboxStatusException","extraParams":null} in function readInbox().
I see the same is happening with postman. When I do a retry in postman I get the results.

Probably because of my list in Postnl is long. After I have removed a lot of received shipments it looks like I don't get the error anymore.

So maybe adding a retry (just one) for safety after above response?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

glsf91 wrote:@Toonz

I have still a problem with this app. A lot of times I get this response: {"exceptionMessage":"The operation has timed out","exceptionType":"InboxStatusException","extraParams":null} in function readInbox().
I see the same is happening with postman. When I do a retry in postman I get the results.

Probably because of my list in Postnl is long. After I have removed a lot of received shipments it looks like I don't get the error anymore.

Just checking, you do get an appropriate access token but it takes too long at the server side to collect the shipment data.
So you want to repeat the call ( xmlhttp.open("GET", "https://jouw.postnl.nl/web/api/default/inbox", true) ) a second time when the response above is received the first time. Correct?
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

Toonz wrote: Just checking, you do get an appropriate access token but it takes too long at the server side to collect the shipment data.
So you want to repeat the call ( xmlhttp.open("GET", "https://jouw.postnl.nl/web/api/default/inbox", true) ) a second time when the response above is received the first time. Correct?
yes indeed, that is correct.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

glsf91 wrote:@Toonz

Hi all,

I just published version 1.0.8 in the ToonStore to address the postnl server time out issue when having a large inbox (the app will try a second time after getting the time-out message)
I have not been able to test this fix for very large inboxes as my own inbox isn't that large.
Also, I reduced the time it takes to login the first time. Usually this is now successful within one hour.
Login progress is now shown on the tile as well for clarity

Changelog:
- implemented a retry reading the inbox (in case of a timeout at the server side due to large inboxes)
- showing the login status on the tile at startup

Kind regardz,

Toonz
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

I can also not try because I cleaned my list. But it will increase again :D

Also making the status visible is a great improvement. Thanks.
sambir
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sambir »

Mine keeps saying “logging in”. It has been over a day now

I used the username and password i use in the app on my phone
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

sambir wrote:Mine keeps saying “logging in”. It has been over a day now

Sometimes I also have the same issue.

Maybe this will help:
- on your desktop go to jouw.postnl.nl
- logout if you already are logged in
- option: clear all cookies for jouw.postnl.nl
- login again on the desktop

Hit the refresh button in de postnl screen or and wait a few hours
sambir
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sambir »

What do you mean with desktop? You mean on the pc? What has it to so with the postnl app on toon?
copywizard
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by copywizard »

glsf91 wrote:
sambir wrote:Mine keeps saying “logging in”. It has been over a day now

Sometimes I also have the same issue.

Maybe this will help:
- on your desktop go to jouw.postnl.nl
- logout if you already are logged in
- option: clear all cookies for jouw.postnl.nl
- login again on the desktop

Hit the refresh button in de postnl screen or and wait a few hours
I,am having the same problem and just got my rooted toon in but after an hour or 8 still saying "trying to login" i only use the app on my phone so i do not see any logical way why i would login to the website and remove my webbrowsers cache?

the app is working great i can see the JSON file on the toon is filled with the right credentials but it won,t login

could it be because i use a + sign in my mail address like mail+mail2@mail.com?

i also tryed installing the afvalkalendar app for the right cert. but to no avail also removed the app a few hours ago and reinstalled it to no avail
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

The login process seems to be broken again lately for the Postnl app. Will have a look again, but not soon due to other commitments next week

Return to “Toon Apps”