Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Toon App: Twinkly lights

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

I just published in ToonStore the initial release 1.0.2 of a new app to control your Twinkly Christmas decoration lights.
With this second release you can switch the lights on and off, use a timer function and create the first two lightshow effects.
The apps contains one tile. At first use, clicking on the tile will bring you to the configuration screen to enter the ip-address/hostname of your Twinkly lights.

Once configured, the lights can be switched on and off by clicking on the light bulb on the tile.
Clicking next to the light bulb opens the main screen with more functionality like starting the timer, access the favourites (previously created effects) and create new effects.

Comments on this release:
- when the twinkly lights are first configured, the name of the twinkly lights is not yet shown on the configuration screen,
Entering the configuration screen a second time will show the correct name of the Twinkly, you can also give it your own name here.
- for now the menu and tray icons are the same as the domoticz application. Over time new icons will be created for this app.
- some gui elements needs to be better exactly positioned on a Toon 1 but that doesn't limit the functionality.

Future items to add:
- include some 'movies' from the official Twinkly app
- implement more light effects (proposals are welcome)
- support for multiple strings of Twinkly lights, thinking of buying a 'Twinkly curtain' to be able to show scrolling texts

Happy to hear your views what an app like this should be capable of.
N.B. I am not affiliated in any way, shape or form with the Twinkly company. Their lights are just a lot of fun.
I started this app because it allows the whole family to control the lights from Toon instead of having to use the Twinkly app on your phone/ipad

Some screenshots:
Twinkly_favourits.png
Twinkly_favourits.png (42.98 KiB) Viewed 4467 times
Twinkly_glow.png
Twinkly_glow.png (52.83 KiB) Viewed 4467 times
Twinkly_trein.png
Twinkly_trein.png (44.05 KiB) Viewed 4467 times
Twinkly_color.png
Twinkly_color.png (132.27 KiB) Viewed 4467 times
Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
Edwin66

Re: Toon App: Twinkly lights

Post by Edwin66 »

Just bought some iSparkle. Wish I had known this before then I would have bought Twinkly lights. Well, there is always next year
Toon® (rooted) | Hue bulbs | TRÅDFRI bulbs | Smart Plug | Domoticz latest BETA |

I'm not a programmer, just wish things work MY way
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Yes, it is just one of the many manufacturers of such kit.
I am making quite some progress on the Twinkly app though.
Now creating my own 'movie' effects on the fly on Toon, a bit like the mobile phone app is doing.
With easy color selection via a clickable color map on Toon.
Anyway, more stuff will be released later in the year (I am focussing on the core functionality now, not so much on the user interface yet)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi,

I just added version 1.0.2 to the ToonStore.
Updated info and screenshots in the first post with the first two light effects implemented.

This is just a temporary release with new functionality, more to come before Christmas ;-)

Kind regardz,

Toonz
GrandiJoos
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by GrandiJoos »

Really looking forward to test your app next Christmas :lol:
However, when adding the tile I noticed that I could not remove it anymore. Uninstalling the app helped but wanted to report this anyway.
If I can help in anyway please let me know!
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

GrandiJoos wrote:Really looking forward to test your app next Christmas :lol:
However, when adding the tile I noticed that I could not remove it anymore. Uninstalling the app helped but wanted to report this anyway.
If I can help in anyway please let me know!
Hi if you long-press the tile in one of the corners (not on the light bulb) then you get the option to remove the tile

Return to “Toon Apps”